Muscle car mania. Anyone going??

Nates GTS Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I recieved an email regarding muscle car mania at the capital raceway on may the third. It's being hosted by the camaro and vette club. I just wanted to know if anyone planned on attending and bringing there viper. I just recently installed a roe blower to my 96 GTS and am planning on attending the dyno day at infinion this coming Sunday. As long as everything goes good there I also would like to see what it will do at the track. Also if any one is coming and has a set of drag radials they would let me use for a lap or two that would be great. If not I'll see if I can't order some before the event.

FLATOUT

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I recieved an email regarding muscle car mania at the capital raceway on may the third. It's being hosted by the camaro and vette club. I just wanted to know if anyone planned on attending and bringing there viper. I just recently installed a roe blower to my 96 GTS and am planning on attending the dyno day at infinion this coming Sunday. As long as everything goes good there I also would like to see what it will do at the track. Also if any one is coming and has a set of drag radials they would let me use for a lap or two that would be great. If not I'll see if I can't order some before the event.

I plan on being there with some Vette Buddies!

See you there!

OP
OP
N

Nates GTS Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have one question. On the flyer it says nhra rules apply. Does that mean that if my car runs to fast without a rollcage that I won't be able to run anymore. Also how is the track prep there usually. Thanks

OP
OP
N

Nates GTS Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Any guesses on how fast my car should be. 96 GTS, roe 10# with ****, belanger headers, no cats, corsa catback, 3.55 gears, 20" invos. Thanks again for the help.

ViperJohn

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Your time will depend on track prep and your ability to get the power down while making fast shifts. You should easily be under 11.50, in fact you should be some where in the high 10's/ low 11's easily.

I sent that email out to our members a few weeks ago. I did it not realizing it conflicts with the Winery Run on the same day. Then I figured, it didn't really mattter since the events differ vastly in their draw.

I recently did the track rental at Capital, so I will be participating in the winery run that day. Have a good time drag racing if that's what you decide to do.

OP
OP
N

Nates GTS Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
thanks for the reply. Now all I have to do is decide if I can drive my car to it's ability and if I can is one pass worth the drive and money.

FLATOUT

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Your time will depend on track prep and your ability to get the power down while making fast shifts. You should easily be under 11.50, in fact you should be some where in the high 10's/ low 11's easily.

I sent that email out to our members a few weeks ago. I did it not realizing it conflicts with the Winery Run on the same day. Then I figured, it didn't really mattter since the events differ vastly in their draw.

I recently did the track rental at Capital, so I will be participating in the winery run that day. Have a good time drag racing if that's what you decide to do.

John are you talking about that La Grange winery cruise?

Isn't that all the way out in Haymarket?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960