My 2013 GTS by Prefix...a work in progress (pics)

sween

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Its gunna be nice, be sure to take pictures of the red X-Brace. I bet that will look really good.

mnc2886

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Prefix sent me today a powerpoint slide presentation with captioned photo's for my signoffl, and advised me that Mark Throstle of SRT gave his approval to the graphics layout yesterday. Painting begins next week. As with the ALMS cars, the mirrors will be red...interior is red with red belts. Other Prefix touches will be red engine X brace, Viper black GTS badges, tributes to Prefix and Woodhouse MotorSports.

Again, I think this will be the new ACR paint scheme. Can't wait to see the final product. :drive:

Dan Cragin

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
This is really a great project, how often do you get a chance to work directly with factory vendors to build a one of a kind car. For those who don't know Bill he has been helping new Viper owners for numerous years. Even though he is in Nebraska, his network expands around the state. Don't be afraid about follow-up and service, he will be there for the duration.

johniew398

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We can't wait to see it finished.

Added note: on second thought I don't want to see it finished. From what you have described I'm afraid you are going to cost me money. :):):):)

If it looks as great as it sounds like it will maybe you can design some more for SRT to sell.

Last edited:

kratedisease

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Prefix is painting my car in the GTS-R ALMS paint scheme, except Viper Black and Adrenaline Red under clear coat over Bright White. The difficult part is the black hood 'swooshes', as the hood 'valleys' on the GTS-R are deeper and wider than the GTS. As such, Mark Throstle SRT Design Director (Mark did the ALMS cars), is personally involved with Prefix...he is the one in a pic below. The project will be fully documented to Prefix and Viper specs, including its status as a Prefix one of one.

Special shout out to the Viper Oracle, Bill Pemberton for making this happen between me and Prefix, and shepparding things along over 6+ months. The car is scheduled to be painted next week, and will be shipped to Tator's Garage (around the corner from me), for some prepping, trickle charger and Chuck's familiarization. Will send it back to Woodhouse MotorSports sometime in future for undertimined work.

As an aside, Prefix is a highly organized and professional operation. Nothing is a problem for them...they aim to please, and communicate exceptionally well. I arranged everything over the phone and email. They wanted me to visit plant to approve the layout and other extra's, but I decided to leave it all in their hands, thats how much I trust there judgment and skill.

You must be registered for see images attach

My question is ... do you want even more attention or people gawking at you when you are already in a Viper ? is this why you are doing the paint work ? are you an attention ***** ?

If so, than may I suggest a reality show biased upon your life with your Viper...

InjectTheVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looking forward to see the finished result, from reading your description this is going to be a beautiful one of a kind GTS :)

Dan Cragin

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
My question is ... do you want even more attention or people gawking at you when you are already in a Viper ? is this why you are doing the paint work ? are you an attention ***** ?

If so, than may I suggest a reality show biased upon your life with your Viper...

This is a great thread about a custom build, it is what this site is about, our shared passion for these cars. People get excited about this stuff. Heck we only live once, its nice to have a place to talk about it. Seems comments like this kill the whole purpose of participating on the site.

My 2 cents,

HobokenViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Kratedisease, after unfortunately reading so many of your posts on here on otherwise good threads, I fail to see what your purpose is on this site except to incite trouble and fights between members and to generally inject your generally unwanted commentary or unwanted humor that most fail to find funny. I realize that you've heard this before from many other members on here, but I'm someone who has never had a personal problem with you on here and am just someone who finds your posts and rants absolutely painful to read. I know I'm not alone when I say that you are ruining this forum and causing it to become a drama filled mess instead of a wealth of information from experienced and helpful Viper owners as it was when I joined, which was actually why I joined.

You can respond to this by taking a jab at me or by making some ridiculous commentary about me as a person even though you have no clue who I am or anything about me, or you can take a second to think about what I'm saying and realize that if there are so many people on here saying the same thing to you about your activity on this site, then it's likely not all of us that are crazy or wrong, but it's likely you that are the one who is in the wrong and should be more self aware. Nobody on here wants to read your immature name calling posts, or your tirades about irrelevant things that just poke fun at people or seek revenge against those who you somehow feel deserve to be scolded by you.

Not trying to be mean here or start a problem with you, but your posting has gotten totally out of control lately and frankly many of us on here are sick of all the nonsense stinking up the forum and message boards.

chorps

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Valid commentary.....But I am only returning the critical derogatory favor to Mr. Ferrar-idiot-viper.......what goes around comes around....

I think people should take their gripes and vendettas to some other place. Chasing some other guy around because you felt insulted (real or imagined) just makes you look petty.

gtssnake

Viper Owner
Reaction score
All great comments and Dan said it best, who else can we talk to about our vipers better than people that own them.

kratedisease

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Kratedisease, after unfortunately reading so many of your posts on here on otherwise good threads, I fail to see what your purpose is on this site except to incite trouble and fights between members and to generally inject your generally unwanted commentary or unwanted humor that most fail to find funny. I realize that you've heard this before from many other members on here, but I'm someone who has never had a personal problem with you on here and am just someone who finds your posts and rants absolutely painful to read. I know I'm not alone when I say that you are ruining this forum and causing it to become a drama filled mess instead of a wealth of information from experienced and helpful Viper owners as it was when I joined, which was actually why I joined.

You can respond to this by taking a jab at me or by making some ridiculous commentary about me as a person even though you have no clue who I am or anything about me, or you can take a second to think about what I'm saying and realize that if there are so many people on here saying the same thing to you about your activity on this site, then it's likely not all of us that are crazy or wrong, but it's likely you that are the one who is in the wrong and should be more self aware. Nobody on here wants to read your immature name calling posts, or your tirades about irrelevant things that just poke fun at people or seek revenge against those who you somehow feel deserve to be scolded by you.

Not trying to be mean here or start a problem with you, but your posting has gotten totally out of control lately and frankly many of us on here are sick of all the nonsense stinking up the forum and message boards.

Thank you for you intelligent and well written post. First off let me take a moment to explain or to discuss what I am doing here on the forums, and why I never instigate those who have never insulted or instigated/degraded myself. All of your comments are truly valid and I cannot disagree with anything you have stated. I began posting after visiting my local Dodge dealer and seeing the new gen5. After sitting in the car, I found that there was not enough room inside for my large frame. After posting those findings here on the forums, the attacks began. I was not offended by the fat jokes. I was not offended by the comments. What I found amazing was that only a small handful of members decided that my complaints regarding in lack of interior room in the gen5 were nothing more than me slandering the new Viper. And it was only these few people that were bullying me with attacks on my character and looking to discredit me. The level of hatred towards me was unbelievable. Simply because I posted valid complaints. What was so amazing is the level of harassment. One member falsely even stated that I threatened him in a private message, specifically to make me appear that I was the instigator and antagonist. The idea was to paint me as a troll in order to get me to leave. another member said I was a troll because I only had 30 posts and was on the forums a short time. All of this was designed to discredit me to discount my complaints with the gen5.

I tried to respond in an intelligent manner. It was absolutely impossible. And what I found was that it was only the same 10 or 12 members that were circling me and trying to get me angry . These members do not allow any desent in opinion. Its a weird place when, if you do not agree you must leave.
There is a line that exists that these 10 or 12 members cross every day. The vast majority of members, like you have never crossed that line. You post your counter without insulting the person posting the message. Very intelligent.

Take for instance, Mr. Nine Ball. Very intelligent fellow. He may disagree, but he never crosses the line where he makes the person he is arguing with the issue. He keeps the debate the issue. His tirade with SRTViper went on and on BUT it was actually fact biased. That's normal. I saw Mr. Nine Ball debate him with vigor, and it got heated, but the intent and his goal was to debate the facts of the discussion. Win with debate and intelligence, not with insults. Mr. Nine Ball was even able to present facts that SRTViper was kicked off other forums. Mr. Nine Ball very intelligently used facts to discredit SRTViper, and not insults or aggression.

But what these 10 or 12 bullies do is quite different. They never discuss fact or debate the person presenting an opinion, they degrade or attack the person presenting that view. That is crossing the line.

Many years ago I had an obsessive girlfriend who continually accused me of cheating on her . I never did cheat on her. But the finger pointing and questioning and accusations were exhausting. A very funny and intelligent friend who I spoke to about this said, if you are constantly harassed and your girlfriend already feels you are guilty, then you might was well be guilty and cheat on her. interesting

Someone needs to bully back these silly Clowns that rule with intimidation, deprecation and insults. And the funny thing is that the 10 or 12 that operate this way here on the forum work together as a tag team to rid the forum of whomever they feel is un welcome. Funny how these few can bully the majority here. 10 or 12 members are able to effectively push hundreds of members around where they fear posting.

Let me state that I do not fear these clowns. I intend to remain here for others to see that I am willing to counter this stupidity and I have the intellect and tenacity to do so.

Sorry that my jabs fall into the middle of your focused threads.

Last edited:

kratedisease

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ya'll need to use your ignore list.

Mr.ViperSnobith, you have stated here on the forum that the state of Virginia is stupid. ( just like Al Sharpton says all of Florida is racist after the Trayvon Martin trial) But are people who make U-Turns in front of the Whitehouse stupid ??

Last edited:

propsail

Enthusiast
Reaction score
As a nine year member and someone who often frequents the forums but rarely posts, I have to say, this was written perfectly. I also can't wait to see the prefix results.

Craig

eucharistos

Enthusiast
Reaction score
OP thanks for posting the progress pics, i never really thought about the process and now have a good (real life) mental image :2tu:

looking forward to seeing the completed results

congrats

kratedisease

Enthusiast
Reaction score
As a nine year member and someone who often frequents the forums but rarely posts, I have to say, this was written perfectly. I also can't wait to see the prefix results.

Craig

propsail, you take yourself too seriously....besides, I do not have this issue in the other areas of the VCA forums....only in the gen5 threads.....

2003 Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Your car is going to be very sharp looking. Thanks for the pictures and looking forward to more when finished!

mnc2886

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Prefix sent me today a powerpoint slide presentation with captioned photo's for my signoffl, and advised me that Mark Throstle of SRT gave his approval to the graphics layout yesterday. Painting begins next week. As with the ALMS cars, the mirrors will be red...interior is red with red belts. Other Prefix touches will be red engine X brace, Viper black GTS badges, tributes to Prefix and Woodhouse MotorSports.

Any new updates? ETA? Man, I really want to see this.

ViperArry

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I love it! Keep those pictures coming!!!

Must inspire SRT to think about a 2014 Le Mans - Daytona GTS-R tribute car. They did it before... why not do it again.
Also, I'm very curious about the colors.

And thinking of this, how would a traditional 1998 GTS-R scheme look on a white Gen V.

kratedisease

Enthusiast
Reaction score
well, that pretty much sums it all up

Geeez, I am so excited to see the finished paint job !! I am almost peeing in my pants with excitement and anticipation....

Please post pics when its all done, I want to send them over to Brian Salamone over at Team Salamone. His Girl, Concubine seems to really like the design. It looks a lot like her tattoo. I saw Brian Salamone when driving my kids to school in the morning. He was in his chrome Lambo with the "WINNING" personalized NY plates. he lives just about 20 mins away from me.

Just think, when its all done you will be ready to drive in the Gumball rally.

Let me know when the car is ready, I want to send pics over to Jalopnick so they can write a story about your custom paint job.....

This was such a cool idea to do this custom paint job !!! Now, you need to get some personalized plates to match the paint job !!

Last edited: