My 2013 GTS by Prefix...a work in progress (pics)

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Krate,

What in the heck are you doing? There appears to be no sense in what you will ridicule, as this is exactly what the Forum is about. Whether one is doing engine, suspension, exhaust, or other mods, or redoing the interior or customizing the paint, this is the essence of ownership and what can be done to personalize a Viper. The same thing is the bread and butter on other sites, whether is be a Mustang or a Corvette, and the majority of owners find this interesting in that it not only gives them ideas on what to do with their car, but it also gives them a sense of the cohesive nature of SRT , Prefix , etc. with the owners of the Viper. Heck, the fact that Mark Trostle came over and offered advice to Prefix is huge, and please name another car company where a lead designer pops over to assist with a customer's desire for a unique platform?

These kind of posts we all find baffling and just make it appear you are just hellbent on getting banned! You are obviously intelligent , but this serves no purpose and is extremely rude and condescending. The sad part is this car ,when finished , is likely just miles down the road from you. I have to wonder what you would say to this gentleman's face if you encountered him at a car event --just can't believe it would be in this vein.

Use your smarts to be entertaining,or to offer constructive advice, but this is nothing more than a blatant request to be exsponged from this site-- no merit at all with this diatribe!!

InjectTheVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Arjen, for that to happen SRT would need to accomplish a similar championship win to warrant a tribute car being made. The idea is a very good one though and like you I would love to see it happen.

kratedisease

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Krate,

What in the heck are you doing? There appears to be no sense in what you will ridicule, as this is exactly what the Forum is about. Whether one is doing engine, suspension, exhaust, or other mods, or redoing the interior or customizing the paint, this is the essence of ownership and what can be done to personalize a Viper. The same thing is the bread and butter on other sites, whether is be a Mustang or a Corvette, and the majority of owners find this interesting in that it not only gives them ideas on what to do with their car, but it also gives them a sense of the cohesive nature of SRT , Prefix , etc. with the owners of the Viper. Heck, the fact that Mark Trostle came over and offered advice to Prefix is huge, and please name another car company where a lead designer pops over to assist with a customer's desire for a unique platform?

These kind of posts we all find baffling and just make it appear you are just hellbent on getting banned! You are obviously intelligent , but this serves no purpose and is extremely rude and condescending. The sad part is this car ,when finished , is likely just miles down the road from you. I have to wonder what you would say to this gentleman's face if you encountered him at a car event --just can't believe it would be in this vein.

Use your smarts to be entertaining,or to offer constructive advice, but this is nothing more than a blatant request to be exsponged from this site-- no merit at all with this diatribe!!

Bill, I just can't figure you guys out ? .... I insulted/offended FerraritoViper by altering his name to Ferrari-id#ot-Viper when I replied to his posts and received a PM from the moderators that I was out of line. So, realizing that i crossed the line of respect, I wanted to correct that error by posting a complimentary comment. I do not see anything wrong with complimenting the paint work to right my wrong. I know Brian Salamone. he is an Attorney that lives and works on Long Island, here in NY. I have met him several times at the Concourse De'Elegance that is held at the Manhasset Americana mall every year in October. He has been in the Gumball Rally. He is one of the nicest guys you will ever meet and so is Concubine. So when I give a compliment and say that Ferraitovipers car may give Team Salmone some competition, it is a COMPLIMENT..... UNLESS of course, everyone here on the Forum HATES Brian Salamone and his Lambo, then THEY would incorrectly assume my compliment was a covert insult. I was assuming that everyone here likes and adores Brian Salmone as I do. When I last saw him and spoke to him, I told him that he was my HERO. He smiled and shook my hand. I know you guys hate me, but do you guys also hate Team Salaome ?

If I met FerraritoViper in person, I would say hello, shake his hand, and compliment him on his car. He seems like a very nice fellow and i have no "beef" with him or his car or his paint job. In fact i would apologize to him face to face for insulting his username.

I love you guys.... even the ones that hate me.....

ohlarikd

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I went back and read Krate's original posts. Seems like he got pretty much attacked because several people sensed he was Corvette troll, even though he owns a 97 GTS. No one believes him? Then he got attacked for being overweight. I didn't find his initial posts to be offensive. They were honest assessments that there was no shoulder room for a bigger guy. Then the thread got closed... sparking debate whether it was criticism of the GenV or the insulting comments to members. Jeesh.

I agree that Krates posts lately have been attacking and derogatory, insulting, etc. Krate seems a bit too sensitive to survive the internet. But it seems like he is more going overboard in his defense reactions to certain members and trying to discredit them. I think it all has just gotten out of hand, defensive, etc. on both sides. KRATE - you are added fuel to the fire by interjecting your comments into every thread started by your hit list.

I think a truce should be called and we can all move on constructively.

:dunno:

kratedisease

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I went back and read Krate's original posts. Seems like he got pretty much attacked because several people sensed he was Corvette troll, even though he owns a 97 GTS. No one believes him? Then he got attacked for being overweight. I didn't find his initial posts to be offensive. They were honest assessments that there was no shoulder room for a bigger guy. Then the thread got closed... sparking debate whether it was criticism of the GenV or the insulting comments to members. Jeesh.

I agree that Krates posts lately have been attacking and derogatory, insulting, etc. Krate seems a bit too sensitive to survive the internet. But it seems like he is more going overboard in his defense reactions to certain members and trying to discredit them. I think it all has just gotten out of hand, defensive, etc. on both sides. KRATE - you are added fuel to the fire by interjecting your comments into every thread started by your hit list.

I think a truce should be called and we can all move on constructively.

:dunno:

Truce accepted.... I am actually not sensitive...... I am bored on summer vacation, BUT I will see you guys again next summer !!

Love you guys !!!

BUT If i see even ONE more disparaging comment directed to my kratedisease name or any snickering "last Licks" remarks after I am gone....I will be back ASAP on full thrust full speed ahead !!!

I better not see anymore comments after i am gone, or you guys can have me all year long... your choice, not mine....got it sunDiego ?? BlackSnake99 ?? I can just as easily put down my Bison burger and start again. I better not see the TROLL word used anywhere near my name

Last edited:

JETSTAR

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
I'm glad your car made it there
It just was not worth shipping mine all the way back from Florida for what I was planing hopefully they will have the plant delivery worked out by the time I order the new ACR
Eric and the PreFix team are the best there is
Car will look awesome

ohlarikd

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can't wait to see this car - to have all these key guys working on it is quite amazing! Can someone Photoshop the color scheme? Would be interesting to see...

Krate - please... PLEASE stop typing with a shovel; you keep digging.

OP
OP
F

ferraritoviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Thanks for all the sincere interest...this is gonna be cool! Just recieved the attached "teaser" photo from Prefix...alot more work to go, car is all in as you can see in the photo. Will post more pics when I recieve them :)

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Wow, this will be way cool in the future to have all the documentation of the car being done by Prefix ---- lends a ton of credibility to the project and how neat is it that they are keeping posted on the project with pictures!?

OP
OP
F

ferraritoviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
VtF, are you going to add any of the aero parts or other 'flourishes' to make it even more like the ALMS car? Wheels?

No, I thought that would be a bit overboard, as it's really a GTS at heart. The red X brace and black badges are a bit of departure, and are the only 'flourishes', aside from the tributes :) Wheels are a must...no idea yet, other than black paint.

ohlarikd

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No, I thought that would be a bit overboard, as it's really a GTS at heart. The red X brace and black badges are a bit of departure, and are the only 'flourishes', aside from the tributes :) Wheels are a must...no idea yet, other than black paint.

For wheels, a Center Locking nut instead of the lugnuts would be REALLY cool. I think NineBall's car has center locking nuts, but I have no idea how he did that, or what wheels those were.

Nineball?

InjectTheVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Having seen this latest update a limited series of factory tribute cars like it does seem to be a cool idea. Maybe when the new ACR comes out with GTS-R like bodywork and aero the guys at SRT could give it serious thought?

OP
OP
F

ferraritoviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score

More pics, out of booth after clear coat, still need to be wet sanded and polished...quarters no cleared yet, as Prefix logo has to go on drivers side first.

OP
OP
F

ferraritoviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score

more...

strykergts

Enthusiast
Reaction score
thats going to be one hell of a sharp car. Glad to see this thread get back on track!