My 2013 GTS by Prefix...a work in progress (pics)

gtssnake

Viper Owner
Reaction score
That just looks incredible!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Worth every dollar you spend!!! Good Luck!!! Hope to see it at a NY event.

DMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I hate this!

The wait and anticipation, that is. Must be really driving you crazy to see the final result. You will certianly have the coolest gen 5 on the planet, lol. I can't wait to see the final pics!!

SnakeBitten

Enthusiast
Reaction score
On my computer it looks like the roof etc is in black paint not dark blue like the GTSR. Eitherway looks great. The wait is maddening lol.

OP
OP
F

ferraritoviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<<Any thoughts on powder coating/anodizing the gas cover?>>

I like the original look (can't miss where the gas goes :) )...same reason I didn't have the grille bars painted white.

<<On my computer it looks like the roof etc is in black paint not dark blue like the GTSR>>

Please refer to my original post regarding color.

OP
OP
F

ferraritoviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Got this email today from Prefix, in answer to a misc question...thought you may find it of interest:

"The labor involved in disassembly, prep and layout is long and tedious but we can’t give the painters and polishers a good product to work on without it so that’s what we do. Then the painters and polishers really give the assemblers a hard time if they screw up that perfect paint so re-assembly is a tedious process also. There are a lot of shops that cut corners in these areas and it shows.

To confirm, yes every panel of your car (except the roof) was removed for this paint scheme. We paint a lot of vehicles here and take pride in every one we do but we are especially proud of this one!"

You must be registered for see images attach

DMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm not even the one who's paying for this and the thought of the bill is making me nervous. LoL

gtssnake

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I think I am as excited as the owner. I look at this thread all the time. Looks so incredible already!! Good Luck!! when is it coming back to CT? hope before winter so we can see it at an event.

OP
OP
F

ferraritoviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
More pics...Getting real close now!! Prefix said Mark Trostle thought my X brace needed a little "bling"...what a guy, and he added it personally!!

SnakeBitten

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Apologies. I did read the first post about the color but totally forgot. Anyway these latest shots are incredible. Very special car. The carbon aero pkg will look sweet on her.

Nine Ball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Prefix should offer this as a factory option. I love it so far.

I noticed the emblem on the nose is gone. No holes under that emblem, huh? I like the clean look.

mnc2886

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I noticed the emblem on the nose is gone. No holes under that emblem, huh? I like the clean look.

I think if Prefix offered this as a factory option, it would be as much as Stryker Red.

On a side note, very clean the way the red line is tapered at the naca duct. I knew I was going to like this paint job, but somehow it is even better than I thought it could be. Well done.

OP
OP
F

ferraritoviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Still being re-assembled, the Stryker badge will be put back on...it goes with the car. Just like the GTS badges, although they would have looked alot better if they were larger imo. They get lost in the scheme of things, and its why I had them painted black

InjectTheVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Still being re-assembled, the Stryker badge will be put back on...it goes with the car. Just like the GTS badges, although they would have looked alot better if they were larger imo. They get lost in the scheme of things, and its why I had them painted black

Maybe you can add a red R next to the GTS badge to complete the GTS-R tribute look? It would definitely give the car that last touch.

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There is no company on earth I would trust more than Prefix to do this job, their intimate knowledge of the car itself and their painting capability makes them very unique.

OP
OP
F

ferraritoviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<<Maybe you can add a red R next to the GTS badge to complete the GTS-R tribute look? It would definitely give the car that last touch.>>

Interesting idea, but the car is a GTS, not the racer. I had thought of having numbers (13 for the year) permanently air brushed under clear on both doors...black circle and white number outlined in red... . but too much of a departure from the base car. Would look awesome if it was an ACR!

<<There is no company on earth I would trust more than Prefix to do this job, their intimate knowledge of the car itself and their painting capability makes them very unique>>

Amen Jon!!

01sapphirebob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
More pics...Getting real close now!! Prefix said Mark Trostle thought my X brace needed a little "bling"...what a guy, and he added it personally!!

Car looks spectacular!

SnakeBitten

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow. Car looks so good. Very special car you have there. Someone should do the yellow GTSR scheme now lol. Car will looks great with wheels and carbon aero bits. Congrats F2V. She is a beaut. Cant wait for the pro photoshoot hi rez pics :)

Voice of Reason

Enthusiast
Reaction score
With the cross brace being red I bet the carbon fiber valve covers would look look great under it.

Overall I'm really liking this! Need pictures out in the sun when you're done, the dark blue looks very black on my computer.

pdub

Enthusiast
Reaction score
With the cross brace being red I bet the carbon fiber valve covers would look look great under it.

Overall I'm really liking this! Need pictures out in the sun when you're done, the dark blue looks very black on my computer.

He stated in his 1st post, it is black.

Nine Ball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just had this set of GA3 wheels built for a Ford GT customer. The 6-lug version of them would be perfect on this car.

SRTviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How did you arrange this and seriously how much is this costing? Like 15k? 20k?

I know someone else who had a very good paint job done and it costed around 13k but this seems like a whole other level of meticulous.

OP
OP
F

ferraritoviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How did you arrange this and seriously how much is this costing? Like 15k? 20k?

I know someone else who had a very good paint job done and it costed around 13k but this seems like a whole other level of meticulous.

It was arranged by Bill Pemberton of Woodhouse (who I bought the car from), through his personal introduction of me to the Prefix people. As for the cost, as mentioned previously, I'll post it when the project is finished and the cost finalized.