My car is on ebay with no reserve

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Added a link to your classified ad (required by site policy)

That's one hell of a deal, I'm sure it'll sell. Good luck with it.

OP
OP
D

DocAdam

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Kelly, how have you been? It seems like only yesterday you and I were both getting rid of the 350Z for Vipers.

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Kelly, how have you been? It seems like only yesterday you and I were both getting rid of the 350Z for Vipers.

Been good man. I'm getting rid of my Viper too. What's next for you? Are we travelling some weird parallel line in the universe?

OP
OP
D

DocAdam

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Potentially. I think I will stick with the Tahoe for a little while but who knows, I may just stay low for a year or two and end up with an 08 coupe.

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah, I don't know if I could go without a Viper in the garage. Definitely an '08 of some sort in my future, just a matter of time....horrible market to sell a Viper in right now though....yours should sell quick at that price.

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is a nice car, the good Doctor used to hang out with us until he headed for the left coast. How often do you see "Warranty till April 2011." And on an Arrow Engine. Strongest of the strong.

toomanymodz

Viper Owner
Reaction score
As an experienced Ebayer (9 years and counting), I want to kindly point out something.

Those pictures are so small that they will probably hold back some potential buyers. Ditto for the low feedback. Buyers like to see supersize pictures, and they like to see a seller who has had many successful auctions in the past.

Don't mean to sound negative here, but you may not sell it for the full potential that it has.

Also putting your direct email in the text is risky. You just invited spammers. Plus it is common practice for people who have hi-jacked someones Ebay account to place an email address saying 'contact me with this email address, do not use the Ask Seller A Question link because it does not work'. Or similar verbiage. In short, if I were cruising through the for-sale ads and saw that one, I would almost assume it was a scam.

Just offering some friendly tips... good luck!

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow...what a price and what an awesome Viper...so many deals out there, so little money. :( Good luck with the sale, I hope you get what the car is truly worth.

OP
OP
D

DocAdam

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback. The picture size soley reflects my lack of programming abilities as it looked fine on my work computer, but now that I am on my home computer I see what you mean and I think I fixed it.

I also removed my e-mail address, while I thought I was being helpful I guess it is redundant.

The one thing I can't change is my lack of feedback, unfortunately I have never sold anything before.

Lee, good to see everyone is still doing well. I miss the free oil change days...

eucharistos

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks toomanymodz for the e-bay insights, makes sense.
DocAdam, nice mods and price on your car, just proves market weak if no one jumps on it, good luck on its sale.

OP
OP
D

DocAdam

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have a question, if you saw the car on a Viper site being sold by the owner why would you contact the consignment shop that also has it listed for about 5k more???

Wouldn't you just contact me?

OP
OP
D

DocAdam

Viper Owner
Reaction score
So I already have few offers, although they are a little low. The best one so far is 41k.

What do you think?

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So I already have few offers, although they are a little low. The best one so far is 41k.

What do you think?

It's all about your pain threshold and desire to move the car. I personally wouldn't let it go for that, but that's me. I looked around at a few places for comparative pricing for your car and with rare exception, 50K is about the bottom of the range.

OP
OP
D

DocAdam

Viper Owner
Reaction score
It's all about your pain threshold and desire to move the car. I personally wouldn't let it go for that, but that's me. I looked around at a few places for comparative pricing for your car and with rare exception, 50K is about the bottom of the range.

I think I will just let it ride out. The problem is I really hate this process, I am not the car salesman type or a salesman type at all. There is some live money already as someone did bid 40k.

So the car will go in 9 days, we'll just have to see what the current market brings.

ViperJay

Viper Owner
Reaction score

What do you think?

personally, i would be pissed because i was going to offer 40k,lol. my problem is that if your having trouble what that car at 45k, then im probably dead meat selling my car to buy yours. i will be kicking myself for years not being able to jump all over this....

OP
OP
D

DocAdam

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Don't worry, I will be kicking myself even harder when a year from now I buy another Viper in worse condition than the one I sold and for more money.

toomanymodz

Viper Owner
Reaction score

What do you think?

I know from experience that it is always best to let the auction run it's course. You'll always have buyers making you 'cash-now' offers to end the auction early. I always put a sentence in my auctions stating that I won't accept offers attempting to end the auction early. Of course people still email me with low-ball offers. They either don't read the ad, or they're just ignorant.

Most bidders wait until the final few hours to make their bid, so ending it early simply causes you to miss out on some extra money.

OP
OP
D

DocAdam

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I thought about it but it would have voided the warranty. I also considered a hot cam, but it would have done the same.

V

Venomiss

Looks like someone bought it? Hope it went well and for a good price.

OP
OP
D

DocAdam

Viper Owner
Reaction score
OK price, it went for 44.5 - I would have liked more but the market is what the market is.

I think I will stay out of the sports car market for a little while, I just don't have the time right now but sooner or later I will be back in something fun.

OP
OP
D

DocAdam

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hey Doc.

If you wanna have some access to some pretty cool cars, check out Luxury Toy Club in LaJolla.

Honestly, I have no desire to drive any of the cars they have listed other than the Gallardo Spyder and even then I have a problem with the E-gear. Maybe I'm just white trash at heart but automatics and paddle shift just don't excite me no matter how much the car costs.

BTW Paul, I was the guy at the Kart track with David and Carl this past Monday. It was good meeting you.

Last edited: