What is my 2006 Copperhead worth?

CuHead

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I purchased one of the 51 Copperhead Coupes made in 2006 brand new. I need to sell it, so I sent it to a consignment shop who has been asking $56,995. It has been a couple months and it has not sold, so clearly I am asking too much.

The car has perfect history and only 5500 miles.

The engine is stock. The exterior has shadow flame decals that are removable. I really added a lot of features to the interior though. Over $12,000 in custom leather, stitching, bilet aluminum, subwoofer, body color interior panels etc. I also added the Dodge RB1 with Navigation as the head unit, iPod, handsfree, etc (and posted about it in the forum here).

Right now on ebay I see a 2006 Blue w white stripes and 9000 miles bid up to $52,000 with 32 bids. It has a bone stock black interior, and no stereo upgrades. So I thought the $56,995 price was reasonable considering the exclusive Copperhead color and the upgraded interior.

Am I missing something?

Here are a few pictures of the car and the drastically upgraded interior:

You must be registered for see images attach
P1170336 by Robert Petersen, on Flickr

P1120551 by Robert Petersen, on Flickr

P1120565 by Robert Petersen, on Flickr

P1170360 by Robert Petersen, on Flickr

P1030109 by Robert Petersen, on Flickr

P1120560 by Robert Petersen, on Flickr

REDSLED

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Blue and white stripes = classic Viper colors. Copperhead not so much. In certain cases exclusivity doesn't necessarily mean desirable. Having bought and sold several Vipers over the years most buyers wanted a specific color first, then considered upgrades. Best of luck on your sale.

OP
OP
C

CuHead

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I was sort of the opposite. I was considering getting a Viper for a couple years. But when they came out with this unique color I immediately pulled the trigger. The color looks so unreal in person!

Kirkinsb

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Because you asked: Pull the flames off now!!! I personally feel that you have way too much orange used on the interior. If you have some of the black dash pieces...I would put them back in. Vipers are bold enough and too many personal cosmetic additions will turn off most buyers.

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
First, it is your car to do with as you wish...and, you obviously have. The difficulty comes when
you decide to move on. As has been hinted, it is a little too custom for most...base color aside. Advice has been offered to enhance salability...which leaves three basic options....return closer to stock, lower the price considerably, or keep it. Best of luck with sale.

steve e

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cool looking car, wait. In 10 years you can name your price, for any Viper, history will repeat itself, just look at what old collectables go for now.

OP
OP
C

CuHead

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I personally feel that you have way too much orange used on the interior. If you have some of the black dash pieces...I would put them back in.

The orange leather pieces are the original pieces redone, so I don't have the black pieces anymore. I guess I could either get black ones from salvage, or maybe find someone who has a Copperhead and would like to trade their black panels with my orange ones.

OP
OP
C

CuHead

Viper Owner
Reaction score
This is the car you're comparing to in your initial post:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2006-Dodge-...ash=item3f8735e733:g:OlAAAOSwIC1ZvtB5&vxp=mtr

I'm pretty sure this auction will end with no sale. He's asking $59,900 in the ad and it's worth every penny in that condition and color combo.

That is the one I was referring to. It appears to have sold today for $54,981.00. If I put my interior back to stock, then could I fetch a similar price maybe?

Then I guess sell my RB1, subwoofer, and orange panels separately.

Free2go

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That is the one I was referring to. It appears to have sold today for $54,981.00. If I put my interior back to stock, then could I fetch a similar price maybe?

Then I guess sell my RB1, subwoofer, and orange panels separately.

Just peel the flames off and you're good. The car looks great to me otherwise. Good luck

MoparMap

VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Yeah, I'm thinking the flames are probably the main thing holding some people up. Even if you say they are removeable it's just one more thing people are going to stall on. If they are just cruising through listing and see the picture they may never even look to see how easy they come off. Beautiful car either way though.

And ultimately any Viper is worth whatever someone will pay for it. Where you are in the country and what season it is can make prices fluctuate a few thousand dollars. Also, as odd as it sounds, sometime super low miles can almost be bad for a car. A lot of times people get into problems with cars that are driven so infrequently because seals and stuff have a tendency to harden and leak more when they are flexed and used. 5500 miles in 11 years is only 500 miles a year. That's only 2 to 3 tanks of gas every year.

redtanrt10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
CuHead, pull those flame decals off an list it yourself on ebay and autotrader. Those flames on the ebay listing look way too much.

Also, I'd rather buy a viper from the original owner vs. USA Hot Cars. GLWS

redtanrt10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lots of folks told you to pull off those flames. I guess the broker said the better idea is to cut the price by $4k. GLWS

GRANGER73

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Even if you say they are removeable it's just one more thing people are going to stall on. If they are just cruising through listing and see the picture they may never even look to see how easy they come off.
I've noticed a trend over the last 5-10 years. Buyers seem to have a hard time imagining the potential that a car possesses. Back in the day you'd see a car that wasn't quite what you wanted, and you would envision what it could eventually become. A little of this, a little of that. Change the paint, add some custom body moldings, etc. Wow that could really be a great car. Not so today. The buyer wants a car that needs little or no modifications.
Look at the housing market. Folks are walking away from great properties because ".....the dining room walls need to be painted." A little hyperbole perhaps but the typical buyer has reallly changed, and sellers need to address the "obvious" issues.

viper k

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes get rid of the flames then I think you will sale your beautiful viper ?????

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDViper