My Corsa Track / Stock back to back experience. CORSA owners feedback pls!

Nader

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mark Hit the nail on the head. Why spend $2000 plus when you can save that money a blower...

DMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I did 2.5 Corsa and K&N on my 03 and saw rwhp & torque increase on dyno comparison before & after. Cooling of the sills and footwells is amazing, if there were no other positive to the Corsa the cooling alone would be worth the $ to me. But I love the sound ... for a V10 anyway, it's no muscular V8 sound, but it's different and just agressive enough or me.

Racer Robbie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
To the above people who posted that they need to tack weld the tips into place and that some of you are experiencing burnt paint on the side sills where the Corsa Exhaust tips exit. I am in no way putting down Corsa but what have they done to alleviate these problems. You as a customer should not have to go find yourself a welder to weld tips in place that would stay put if Corsa supplied the proper clamps. As for the burnt paint perhaps Corsa needs to re-engineer their mufflers so that the tips run cooler.

JMHO,

Robbie

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Robbie, we have had no problems with our Corsa Exhaust--and yes, we had the tips tacked, as an extra precaution, saw no harm in doing this, and we have no problems with the burning issue. We, personally, are very pleased with the Corsa Exhaust system and how it was installed--AND the sound. As I always say, to each their own, everybody does things differently, and we respect that. ~juli~

Reaction score
Just so you all are aware Corsa is addressing some of the concerns with the soon to be released Gen3.1? exhaust. I have been in contact with them from the start and they are receptive to the customers needs. We will have some of the new systems in the next 2 weeks and I will be able to detail the changes they have implimented. I don't think the tips are at fault for the burnt paint it is more often than not a placement issue or the clamps slipping if not tacked. All in all I love the Corsa systems and that is why we recommend them. There are other systems that would improve our margins but we believe in the Corsa product and we only offer things we trust to give the best value to the customer.

Mark Jorgensen

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thank you Mark for the information...we agree, as we researched first of all what exhaust system we wanted, went with the Corsa and were FIRMLY advised to have the tips tacked, as we have done, and have had NO issues at all, but you are correct, it's the PLACEment of the exhaust tips, you want them AWAY from the openings, and not to move/expand/contract....thank you for filling us in!! ~juli~

Nader

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks Mark. As you mentioned, my problem was not the tip but the movement due to the clamps and the movement of the pipe itself due to expansion. My problem is solved since Chuck spot welded it and I removed the flat paint and polished the surround but I am sure others areinterested in the changes they have made.

Canyon707

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We in my opinion I LOVE the sound of a catless Corsa system about the same as high flows. BUT it does sound like a beast ALL the time which for most people IS obnoxious for day to day cruising. But whatever trips your trigger I guess ;-)

I agree it is a bit much. Corsa alone is better with the stock cats. Good sound not overly noisy.

Racer Robbie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just so you all are aware Corsa is addressing some of the concerns with the soon to be released Gen3.1? exhaust. I have been in contact with them from the start and they are receptive to the customers needs. We will have some of the new systems in the next 2 weeks and I will be able to detail the changes they have implimented. I don't think the tips are at fault for the burnt paint it is more often than not a placement issue or the clamps slipping if not tacked. All in all I love the Corsa systems and that is why we recommend them. There are other systems that would improve our margins but we believe in the Corsa product and we only offer things we trust to give the best value to the customer.

Mark Jorgensen

This is great news as they do make a nice system. If they get the bugs out of it then it will be even better.

In the meantime we are in the process of making FULL POLISHED BILLET TIP EXTENSIONS for the MOPAR/BORLA systems as we have been asked to try to solve the burnt paint issue with these systems. They should be out in a month or two.

Robbie

Reaction score
We have tried these bolt on tips for a few customers and the look is good but they do tend to lossen very frequently. If this could be eliminated they would be a nice touch to a stock exhaust also.

KenricGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I love my Corsa! I just did the cat back all the rest is stock. I think my VCA runs better with them, but my car is blown. I will dyno after now with the cat back and see what happens although I did install the DLM intercooler so I don't know if that will skew the numbers. By the way my car dynoed 704rwhp stone stock with Paxton so we will see.

wbexxon

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Mine burnt the paint first time around, the second time I made sure they stuck out of the hole about 1/8 inch and that they had room to expand/contract. Repainted it with heat paint and its been fine ever since. I did tack weld the front of the exhaust where it slips on but not the tips, (stainless part you see) Do they come loose too?

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mine burnt the paint first time around, the second time I made sure they stuck out of the hole about 1/8 inch and that they had room to expand/contract. Repainted it with heat paint and its been fine ever since. I did tack weld the front of the exhaust where it slips on but not the tips, (stainless part you see) Do they come loose too?

I believe that's the understanding--the tips move around, we don't have ours sticking out, they are aligned with the sills and are tacked quite close to there...never had a problem with them moving, nor burning issues. ~juli~

OP
OP
M

madman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
1. you must tack weld the tips to the muffler AND muffler to cats (with corsa - it's one piece - only tack weld to cats) if you get rid of the crossover.

2. tips and stock muffler makes for quite good sound. quiter then corsa yet respectable.

3. check stock headers for cracks. Mine cracked at the reinforcer weld.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tombala