> My first impressions of my SRT-10 vs my GTS <

MannyC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
First thing I noticed is that visibility in the SRT-10 with the top on is HORRIBLE! Worse than my Hummer H2 -- NO JOKE.

Next thing I noticed is that the seats, while comfortable, do not fit so well for somebody with broad shoulders. I am not a fat guy -- I am 6'3 at 210 pounds, but I have wide shoulders and they are snug against the top. If I keep working out and gain another 15 pounds, these are going to be a problem I am guessing. I like how these seats look, but think my GTS seats may be more comfortable for me. For somebody small or thin, the SRT10 sears probably feel better to them.

Next, there is less leg room in this than in the GTS. In my GTS, my legs can fully extend and I can have the seat somewhat reclined. In the SRT-10, the seat can barely recline so that I have enough room for my legs. Whoever said there was more room in an SRT-10 over the GTS does not wear 36 inch inseam pants.

The brakes -- they remind me of my Z06 vettes in terms of all the power assist they give you. I.e., you barely touch them and the car wants to stop. Love the brakes! I have always hated how hard you have to press on Gen I and 2 viper brake pedals to get them to stop.

Car handles great, but too early to tell if it out handles the GTS since I haven't gotten to aggressive with the SRT-10 yet. Jerking from left to right and feeling the stiffness, the car feels about the same as my GTS in terms of snappy response.

Nice Air and stereo sounds good for a stock set up. Nice and quiet.

Anyway, that is my 1st impression so far after having driven the car 2 days.

-Manny C.

Viperfreak2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
In the GTS, my knee ALWAYS hit the headlight switch, which I hated. They fixed that in the SRT, but I agree about the leg room. Even with the pedals extended, I still can't slouch like I want to.

fred

Enthusiast
Reaction score
BE interested in your impressions of how the car follows every rut in the road and requires one to continually "correct" the steering. I find it tireing and distracting.
whats your opinon?

jwwiii

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hello;

In response to Fred's comments about the SRT's steering following every bump in the road...IT GOES AWAY AFTER 500 miles or so. At least mine did for the most part. Only on the most grooved sections of interstate (where bazillions of trucks have created slightly depressed tracks in the right lane) does mine really want to track them like a bloodhound.

We paid for this kind of grip and handling, and other super-cars display this behavior too! It's the nature of the beast with these big, sticky tires. It will get better as they wear in a bit.

Jim

viperz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'll agree that the SRT follows every rut in the road. I don't recall my 99 gts doing this. It's getting much better after 2400KM, or it's me getting used to it.

a little scarrry at first but I enjoy the car more then any previous one including my 02 turbo Porsche.

ZZ

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tbone96