My first round of mods!

OP
OP
A

anton28

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cool factor:cool:Less rotating mass and for me im trying to lose weight on my Viper. Anton28 your Viper is going to look sick with a flat/gloss ACR look!!!! Need pics ASAP.

Thanks! Cant wait to get it all done!

OP
OP
A

anton28

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Very nice!!! I just installed my gears (355) and still waiting for my coil overs (hurry up Steve) love to know your thoughts on the (373) gears. Your going to love the aluminum flywheel.

I decided to go 3:73 just because everyone that does run them says they are just SO much fun on the street and that's really what I'm after. Also running a 20 inch rear wheel will play a factor in the way the car will behave having these 3:73s vs 3:55s.

Cant wait to rev it up with that alm flywheel. It should be very fun with that and the 3:73s :)

OP
OP
A

anton28

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Pardon my ignorance but how much difference does a aluminum fly wheel really make? Is it really that noticeable? If so how/why?

From what I hear its a big difference. Less rotating weight so your able to rev up your motor a lot faster. Kind of the same feel as getting more HP. The RPMS just want to rev up!

Timnineside

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks Tim! Just to clarify, Im just going with the ACR paint look. Im not doing the rear wing or the canards. I just love the ACR splitter!

The shop that is working on my car works on a bunch of ACR'S and comp-coups that their clients race. They also act as a pit crew at a lot of these race events so they have a TON of **** laying around.

I'd be interested in one of those ACR splitters if they have another one. Do keep in mind if you add that splitter a ton of people will give you crap for it. That front splitter will create down force on the front end which will in turn take weight off the rear tires, then boom your spinning out. Of course everyone is different but I think if your hitting 150mph +/- is when this starts to take effect.

-Tim

Timnineside

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Plus all 2013 Vipers have them:drive:

Great info guys! I hear people talking about them but just can't justify the money for the whole "what if" factor. If the motor truly revs that much faster it sounds like it would be a lot of bang for the buck. I'll keep this in mind if I ever have to change the clutch. Well when....

OP
OP
A

anton28

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd be interested in one of those ACR splitters if they have another one. Do keep in mind if you add that splitter a ton of people will give you crap for it. That front splitter will create down force on the front end which will in turn take weight off the rear tires, then boom your spinning out. Of course everyone is different but I think if your hitting 150mph +/- is when this starts to take effect.

-Tim

Man im so over high speeds i havent even had this car over 100mph LOL. I just like to go really fast for a very short period of time these days LOL. Im just getting that spliter for looks and looks alone.

Will def keep you informed about the extra spliter!

OP
OP
A

anton28

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great info guys! I hear people talking about them but just can't justify the money for the whole "what if" factor. If the motor truly revs that much faster it sounds like it would be a lot of bang for the buck. I'll keep this in mind if I ever have to change the clutch. Well when....

Tim coming from a gen2 car I was very disappointed on how slow my gen3 car revs. Even when my gen2 was stock i don't remember it reving up so slow. That was the deciding factor for me to get the aluminum flywheel. I know you had a gen2 before. How does your gen4 rev up compared to your gen2?

msaba

Enthusiast
Reaction score
3.73s are going to be interesting after you're done with your build. Found out I have a 3.73 on mine and that explains a lot. 1st gear is pretty much useless. I can't keep traction at any speed. And 2nd only only hooks up if the weather's warm and asphalt is perfect. And that's on a stock motor. I do have an aluminum flywheel though. Can't imagine what you're going to get with SC or TT.

OP
OP
A

anton28

Enthusiast
Reaction score
3.73s are going to be interesting after you're done with your build. Found out I have a 3.73 on mine and that explains a lot. 1st gear is pretty much useless. I can't keep traction at any speed. And 2nd only only hooks up if the weather's warm and asphalt is perfect. And that's on a stock motor. I do have an aluminum flywheel though. Can't imagine what you're going to get with SC or TT.

That's exactly what I want lol. Sounds like this set up is going to keep me happy for a bit!

OP
OP
A

anton28

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I see your in the bay. So am I. What city are you in?

mbccenter

Legacy Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I would put the TT on now and wait on the heads till you build the motor. Just run at 4-5 lbs of boost and will easy make 700rwhp :)

Nader

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I did 3.33 which was I think is perfect. At the same time I did the giken which truly is amazing. Keeps the viper pointed straight!

OP
OP
A

anton28

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I did 3.33 which was I think is perfect. At the same time I did the giken which truly is amazing. Keeps the viper pointed straight!

What ever they are doing to my reared is supposed to be just like getting one of these giken units.

OP
OP
A

anton28

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just came back from the shop. The coilovers are installed as well as the balenger exhaust, aluminum flywheel and short shifter. The primary cats have also been removed. The car sounds AMAZING! The rear end is built with 3:73s installed. I just dropped off the gen4 hood vents and the coil over reservoir brackets. Still waiting on my gen4 hood. I hope it comes in sometime next week. The HREs are a few more weeks out. They did locate a ACR factory splitter for me so that is definitely going on!

Next on the list while the car is still there
1. Have the front bumper re-warped and ad a gloss black center section ACR style stripe that follows the hood-lines down
2.Install the gen4 hood, painted gloss black
3. Decide if i want to remove the wrap from the room and expose the gloss black paint, which i think i will but i want to see the hood and bumper done first.
4. Install the ACR splitter
5. Install reservoir brackets

You must be registered for see images attach

OP
OP
A

anton28

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How do you like the new gears???

Havent driven the car yet. I sold my 18/19 HREs so I was using a set of gen 3 stock rims that they had. When i got there it was sitting on 3 gen3 wheels and one gen2 ACR wheel so i didn't want to bother with it. I probably wont pick up the car until the HREs come in anyways.

OP
OP
A

anton28

Enthusiast
Reaction score
picking up the car this evening! Heres is a little teaser the shop just sent me. LOVE those rims

98intrigue

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks like you got the offset right! I'm glad you didn't wait on me to check my offsets...because you'd still be waiting! Ha

F

FrgMstr

4. Install the ACR splitter

FWIW, I did notice in one of the latest editions of Viper magazine that SRT did advise against high speed driving with the splitter installed with the rear wing not installed. Might be something worth thinking about if you are hitting the track.

Looks great!

OP
OP
A

anton28

Enthusiast
Reaction score
FWIW, I did notice in one of the latest editions of Viper magazine that SRT did advise against high speed driving with the splitter installed with the rear wing not installed. Might be something worth thinking about if you are hitting the track.

Looks great!

Not doing any track time.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang