My least favorite day of the year...

Viperguynick

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Had to give the car it's final bath before it goes under cover for the next 5-6 months... :(

Took some shots of it all cleaned up and ready to go in the garage, once I get the RAM out of there...

You must be registered for see images

Anyone else's Viper's already away for Winter Hibernation?

:usa: Nick :usa:

sfm79

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow, you have a lot of snow on the ground already. It was 61 deg. today in Michigan, wishing I could have took mine for a spin.

cfiiman

Viper Owner
Reaction score
65 here in KY, took mine out with the top off, but that is rare for this time of year....Damn I love the 96' GTS B/W Coupes, I've got to get one :2tu:

OP
OP
V

Viperguynick

Enthusiast
Reaction score
yeah, we got dumped on the day before Thanksgiving. Got around 11" here in my City. Wish I was closer to the coast, just 30 mins away they only got an inch or so, it was mostly rain. I cringed the whole 500 foot drive down my Sand and Salt covered road to fill the tank before storage today. Made sure I did the undercarriage real well. The whole thing will be detailed over the winter on jack stands anyway.

Jeebs

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Nice colour combo. And that is alot of snow. None here yet thank god, and it was about 60 today, but thats kinda odd for this time of year. And yes i know how you feel. Mine is put away as well. I took it for a good ride 2 weeks ago. Now its away untill May.
:(

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Close to 70 today in New York and nice tomorrow too.
Best Thanksgiving weekend I can remember weather-wise.

gtex

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I often drive mine towork every other Saturday. But it stayed in the garage today due to much needed rain in Texas. Otherwise, I probably get 340 days a year that are perfect Viper weather :)

VYPR BYT 94

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, I thought she was in hibernation mode but it hit 60 degress yesterday here in NE Ohio. Took it off the battery tender and went for a 1-2 hour cruise. It was actually my wife who had to convince me to go for it. "This could be the last day till March or April" she said.

So I went for a cruise and she went shopping... we were both in Heaven! :D

DrumrBoy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ouch, that much snow this early is depressing indeed. If you can, keep it accessible and on a Battery Tender....that way when it rains (to wash away the salt) and then dries out you can cruise in the winter without getting the underside nasty. You won't have much grip, but I recall chasing away some winter blues with a Viper cruise when I lived in Chicago....

Fatboy 18

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mild over here today in the South London county's, but my car is now off the road until the new year :( busy at work with very little time to get in the Garage :( Ive got a ton of work to do on the car, Belanger headers to fit, Valve guide oil seals to replace, Brake mods to do, Autoform roll bar to fit, fluid changes, the list goes on :) Just need some time :(

ROCKET62

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
Just did the same thing and my day might be doubly tough as I also just listed my Viper in the classifieds. I just picked up a 2009 project Viper, and lack of garage space (and understanding by my wife) will force me to sell one :(. Did take one pretty nice pic - I love Pinnacle Wax!:

You must be registered for see images attach

Leslie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow your car looks fantastic!

Sad day for sure, I feel like I lost a friend, haha

bluesrt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just did the same thing and my day might be doubly tough as I also just listed my Viper in the classifieds. I just picked up a 2009 project Viper, and lack of garage space (and understanding by my wife) will force me to sell one :(. Did take one pretty nice pic - I love Pinnacle Wax!:

You must be registered for see images attach
if mamma wants one gone. just price it a little stiff so it goes slowwwww.....;)

ZYellow01RT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Plenty of space down here!

But then again...when spring comes and it hits 100 for the first time...it may change your mind...:crazy2:

Fatboy 18

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Had to give the car it's final bath before it goes under cover for the next 5-6 months... :(

Took some shots of it all cleaned up and ready to go in the garage, once I get the RAM out of there...

Anyone else's Viper's already away for Winter Hibernation?

Sorry, forgot to say, GREAT LOOKING GTS :headbang:

KNG SNKE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mine has been stored for 2 months or so already. whenever the last even I made was the last time I drove it. expected it to get nasty here already. 60 degree days like crazy.