My new Street Serpent!!

ViperTuner

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well Jeff from AP Engineering is just doing the final clean up on my Street Serpent package. Man it turned out AWESOME!!!! Now I just need the motor put back in so I can drive it! :D
BTW- That's why the car looks like a 4x4 because it has no engine or drivetrain or rear diff in it.

Patience.... :D

OP
OP
A

aries

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Patience.... :D

It's wearing thin!!!! My tuner is dragging his feet making all types of excuses, putting my project off to work on some "rice burner" crap. I'm contimplating going to his shop and busting some heads and doing a little "furniture moving" to motivate him.:buttkick: :chair: :D lol

ViperTuner

Enthusiast
Reaction score
aries

Engine is coming along smoothly so far....

Just finished up blueprinting the deck surfaces to the centerline of the crank. We used a precision BHJ block TRU-ing fixture mounted on our High speed CBN surfacing machine. We had Rottler MFG send us some precision ring collars to center up our 2" bar to ensure an accurately finished block. Here are some measurements:

Deck height side - stock book spec - Corrected
RH------------------------9.48"-------------------9.4715"
LH------------------------9.48"-------------------9.4712"

Within .0003" from RH side to the LH side

DART MFG boasts .002" accuracy on their blocks... :) So we are well within an accurate standard for precision work.

The measurement is dead-on accurate from the front of the block to the back of the block. Only 8-9thou was removed to straighten and square the deck surfaces this accurately.

Using the stroke, rod length, compression height of the piston we determined that the calculated height of the piston will be .0012" and .0015" below the deck surface for each side. With these measurements and a few others like head gasket thickness/bore diameter of the gasket and the head chamber size we can accurately determine the compression ratio to 8.23:1.

PRECISION TAKES TIME..... :eater:

Howard

ViperTuner

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here is a picture of the block on our CBN Surfacing Machine.

The new Oil Pump just came in as well... It has a diameter of 23mm vs the stock setup at 20mm.

Last edited:

Austin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks really good! I tend to favor the vert SS over the coupe SS, but I like black/silver color combo.

FLATOUT

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Here is a picture of the block on our CBN Surfacing Machine.

The new Oil Pump just came in as well... It has a diameter of 23mm vs the stock setup at 20mm.

Great response by the way. It's not everyday a vendor comes on here and is this transparent with the customer. I am glad to see you do this.:2tu::2tu::2tu:

ViperTuner

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thank you! I try to do this with all of our large builds to the best of my ability without wasting valuable machine time. :)

Howard

ViperTuner

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Today's update!!!! :eater:

Since we have to correct the poor finish-hone work of the previous engine builder:)bdh:) as well, I spent the morning setting up the block in our 3 axis CNC in preparation to bore the cylinders straight this time as well as correct the bore centerline over the true centerline of the crank. Once the cylinder bores were corrected I decided to Copper O-ring the deck surfaces to help with the gasket sealing. We have used this method with Cometic MLS gaskets for the last 9 years with great results on our high output boosted "RICE" applications, not that we will be producing 650BHP per liter with this engine but its more of a precaution. :2tu:

Time to go get the engine loaded into the honing machine for Mondays work! Have a great weekend guys!

Howard

Attachments

• DSC_1969.JPG
    DSC_1969.JPG
    92.3 KB · Views: 17
Last edited: