My personal impressions of the Gen V

bushido

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I saw the car today the very first time,and was a little dissapointed. The things that I did not like was no carbon fiber on the rear ,and the rear diffuser. If this is the Launch Edition then it should have it . Not to mention the car being displayed at a prestigious car show such as Pebble Beach.I really wanted to see the Stryker Red car because I know that one had the "details",and had that nice low stance. This car was too high,and did not like those chrome wheels at all. The one piece rotors did not look good. At least put the 2 piece rotors on.
The interior was cool I liked that. I know if I buy one of these. The first thing I'm gonna do is lower it,and put my 19inch black Forgeline VR3 wheels on it. Here are some pics ..

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

bcmarly

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The launch edition won't be to everyone's liking but it can be spec-ed to most everyone's liking.

Brian GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The more I see that hood the less I like it.

Thanks for the additional pics and your impressions. I LOVE everything about the car...sides, back, and the phenomenal interior!!! SRT did a exceptional job in all those departments. However, the only thing still holding me up is the front end of this car. There is something about the look of those headlights/hood that is not completing it for me. I was hopeful stripes would cure it, but the issue still exists.....and the look of the front is a big part of the car IMO. :dunno:

supersnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the additional pics and your impressions. I LOVE everything about the car...sides, back, and the phenomenal interior!!! SRT did a exceptional job in all those departments. However, the only thing still holding me up is the front end of this car. There is something about the look of those headlights/hood that is not completing it for me. I was hopeful stripes would cure it, but the issue still exists.....and the look of the front is a big part of the car IMO. :dunno:
I'm with you on that one Brian. Can't get myself to like the front end. The rest of the car from the front wheels back is great.

FLATOUT

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I'm with you on that one Brian. Can't get myself to like the front end. The rest of the car from the front wheels back is great.

Exactly my sentiment, I just can't like that front fascia.

FLL-B/W-GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You all are way to picky.The car looks great(Esp the inter.)I,ll be getting me one for sure.Viper 4 for me.I just hope it will run with that Porsche 911 Turbo S it will be parked next to in my warehouse. SRT need to quit playing around and gets us some real prices and start selling the cars for real.Not but showing them.

supersnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You all are way to picky.The car looks great(Esp the inter.)I,ll be getting me one for sure.Viper 4 for me.I just hope it will run with that Porsche 911 Turbo S it will be parked next to in my warehouse. SRT need to quit playing around and gets us some real prices and start selling the cars for real.Not but showing them.
I think after owning 4 Vipers (One of every Gen) I can be Picky. The front end looks Goofy. There is just to much space in the non painted grille area. Paint it body colour like the last Gens and it would make a HUGE difference. They lost it with me with no driving lights and this black grille. The only car it will look good on is Black.

doctorbob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am picky also......I am keeping my ACR for now. I want to see the SRT hood. I would think for a "Launch" Edition....it would be balls out. It is just basic...nothing exceptional. No special detailing or stitching. I think the GTS cars are going to be better looking without stripes......and contrasting interior. Waiting for the ACR...and put the GTS-R paint scheme on it.

FLL-B/W-GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just Saying.I am glad we still will be able to buy a new model Viper soon.I am sure a lot of people worked very hard to make it happen,and I am sure many put their jobs on the line for our new Vipers.Their were some things I did not like like on my 3 other Vipers,but were the rubber hits the road,I loved the Vipers and will get every new one they come out with.

doctorbob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
B/W GTS, it is not about numbers of vipers you have owned........and by the way if you have had four vipers and joined in 12/07, why do you have only 130 posts and not a Member?

Austin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I like the GEN V, but I'm sorry, the front end is not aggressive enough. End of story. It's too feminine. Hate my comment all you want, but it's true. It just doesn't flow, nor does it scream "get the f*ck outta my way". The front needs to be changed. Sorry.

FLATOUT

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Just Saying.I am glad we still will be able to buy a new model Viper soon.I am sure a lot of people worked very hard to make it happen,and I am sure many put their jobs on the line for our new Vipers.Their were some things I did not like like on my 3 other Vipers,but were the rubber hits the road,I loved the Vipers and will get every new one they come out with.

I guess, but who buys a car they don't like? I'm glad the Viper goes on, but at 100K plus a whole lot of options come into the picture for me. I'm also hoping an ACR version rekindles my "must have" approach to these cars.

Allan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mixed feelings........but not about the body gaps. Thats pretty extreme for a 'more refined car' looking to attract a higher end customer. :rolleyes:

shooter_t1

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
I guess, but who buys a car they don't like? I'm glad the Viper goes on, but at 100K plus a whole lot of options come into the picture for me. I'm also hoping an ACR version rekindles my "must have" approach to these cars.

Exactamundo Andy.

ViperGMC

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The more pictures I see the worse the car looks. I have a deposit down but I am having serious doubts about it now. And *** is it about no pricing, what purpose does that serve. My guess is that they are having serious issues with final production.

klamathpro

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The gaps do almost look like the same old Viper gaps since 92'. That rubber padding that the clamshell is sitting on should have been recessed and hidden. The show car that I saw in person was so refined. It is what it is, take it or leave it. After all, body gaps and wheel-well gaps have always been a Viper trademark. But don't charge $125K for this though.

...Forget the Viper, did you get any pics of that $2M Lamborghini Elemento in the background?

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cheapo looking plastic and nice tight seams...:omg:

SRTLEN

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I also noticed the "gaps" on the rear hatch. It maybe early yet but I thought I read they were going to try and improve that part of the build quality?

Overall I like the look of the GenV but like many I am waiting to see it in person.

Last edited:

The_Greg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Love the all black interior. I like the car a lot. Stripes look better than I thought they would.

I wonder how well those seats would swap into a Gen III/IV?

BigDawg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It really seems like every time I get on board and SRT seems like they "get it" they go and do something like this. Carbon Fiber and Two Tone interior are complete no brainers for me on the launch edition. Maybe they are trying to stick with the past formula for this iconic car, but there couldn't have been a crappier time to do this.

Lower the car like you promised, no more false advertising. Fix the panel gaps like you promised, I thought you wanted Porsche drivers. It's a launch vehicle, use this platform to show off all the new features unique to the Gen V Viper.

Tiago

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I like the GEN V, but I'm sorry, the front end is not aggressive enough. End of story. It's too feminine. Hate my comment all you want, but it's true. It just doesn't flow, nor does it scream "get the f*ck outta my way". The front needs to be changed. Sorry.

I agree, front end just doesn't do the car justice...

Malu59RT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That black plastic piece on the rear is horrible. I can't imagine how faded it will look the first year, not to mention all the wax/polish residue it will collect. No way I would want that. Carbon fiber, body color, and last resort should be gloss black.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thiagets