My spring detail!

OP
OP
T

triblk6spd

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The stripes are finished! I backed it out of the garage to snap a few pics. I think it came out great. Saturday evening I will pull it back out and wash it again, then I will be on to the polishing portion of the detail/mod session. Sorry about the lawn bags.

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images

:)

Last edited:

J&R3xV10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Funny that you swirled out your plate on the finished picture but it is clearly visible in the process photos:lmao:

J&R3xV10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
:rolaugh:[picture removed to protect the innocent]:rolaugh:
Thats awesome I just noticed that your house number is clearly posted on the front of your garage but you bothered to hide your plate number and something else in your garage? Thats funny, but great job on the detailing. Are those flat black stripes?

Last edited:
OP
OP
T

triblk6spd

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Funny that you swirled out your plate on the finished picture but it is clearly visible in the process photos:lmao:

:rolaugh:[picture removed to protect the innocent]:rolaugh:
Thats awesome I just noticed that your house number is clearly posted on the front of your garage but you bothered to hide your plate number and something else in your garage? Thats funny, but great job on the detailing. Are those flat black stripes?

Thanks for the good eye. Fixed it the best I could.

For those who would come a knocking...this is texas you know.

sniper1

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Awesome GTS, I love the flat black stripes, very classy :2tu:
BTW, those .45 semi auto rounds are legit, nice sidearm w rail light :headbang:

1A1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Damn Justin, that looks outstanding. It looked good with just the black and no stripes, but the stripes really came out well. I'll give you a call today.

TTYL,

Steve K.

2MANYTOYS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Excellent job!! Best looking black GTS I've seen. What is that thing on the rear under the bumper? Imo it takes away from the car. Otherwise great job.:2tu:

HLN A55

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Stripes really look great. How will they effect (affect?) the detial process? Can you buff right over them or do you need to tape them off?

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Stripes really look great. How will they effect (affect?) the detial process? Can you buff right over them or do you need to tape them off?

I love this car...WOW..what an incredible job. Well done triblk6spd and the stripes look great!

HLN raises a great question. Without clear coat over the stripes, they will scratch easily. I installed mine last year using 2.5mil vinyl and they came out great. But I quickly found out that they aren't very durable in terms of polishing. Quite frankly, the gloss on the vinyl is just fine and they're pretty easy to clean so I don't bother polishing/waxing them anymore. Which vinyl did your installer use? I assume it's a 2-3 mil given the backing paper (which is a SMART idea when installing this thin vinyl). Anyway, it looks very well done. Enjoy!

OP
OP
T

triblk6spd

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thanks all!
I used 3mil Avery brand vinyl. I plan on having to tape off the stripes when I polish. I should be able to use quick detailer over the stripes though. I will just have to be careful. The old saying "pay to play" applies here for sure as I will be paying with time when I go to detail from now on.

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks all!
I used 3mil Avery brand vinyl. I plan on having to tape off the stripes when I polish. I should be able to use quick detailer over the stripes though. I will just have to be careful. The old saying "pay to play" applies here for sure as I will be paying with time when I go to detail from now on.

I used the same vinyl. Detailing spray is not an issue on them as long the cloth you're using is clean but considering how well your car looks...you already know that! LOL. Post pics when you're done.

OP
OP
T

triblk6spd

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The car has been rewashed, taped, test polished with Klasse AIO and polished with AIO. With the help of a friend tonight we did the AIO application twice. The entire car was then wiped down with 70% alcohol mixed 50/50 with water. Then I wiped the entire car with Sonus Detail Spray. the car is now ready for 4-5 coats of Klasse Acrylic Sealer. NOTE- I did not do ANY machine correction on this detail as I just don't have the time before the Supra event. Before the Supra event I still need to hit up ART and Boost Logic to finish up some little mods. (water pump bracket/pulley, and trans cross-member and poly mount. IMO the car still needs a bit of tlc with the buffer. :(

Taped before polish

Polished 1 coat

Polished on left and not on right.

again, polished on left and not on right.

2 coats and alcohol wiped with detailer. ready for the sealer.

:)

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Consumer IPA alcohol is 30% water and 70% alcohol. Grocery store stuff.

Take that and mix it with water on a 1:1 ratio and that is a 50/50 mix.

Example:

-> 1 gallon of IPA

Mixed with...

-> 1 gallon of water

Gives you a 50/50 1:1 mixture of IPA and water.

Chinook47

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Consumer IPA alcohol is 30% water and 70% alcohol. Grocery store stuff.

Take that and mix it with water on a 1:1 ratio and that is a 50/50 mix.

Example:

-> 1 gallon of IPA

Mixed with...

-> 1 gallon of water

Gives you a 50/50 1:1 mixture of IPA and water.

I was wondering also, what does wiping it down with alcohol between applications help do?? :dunno:

Wouldnt it clean off some of the polish you just applied?

treesnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was wondering also, what does wiping it down with alcohol between applications help do?? :dunno:

Wouldnt it clean off some of the polish you just applied?

The MILD alcohol mixture acts as a cleaner. This solution works great when multi-layering at one time. It is a good way to make sure you have all wax/polish residue removed before applying the next coat. The alcohol evaporates quickly too.

*CAUTION*... I do not spray this mixture directly on the car..:omg:
I mist the solution on a microfiber , then wipe the car.

TRIBLK6SP... Your car looks awesome and it is obvious that you know how to take care of it.
I don't hear of very many other people doing the alcohol wipedown...:2tu:
I'm sure you can elaborate further on that subject.

Again, LOOKS GREAT

jasontiff

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hopefully the car doesn't come back from ART looking like it did the first time...it'd be a crime!

Dude, I HAVE to see this in person!!!! Shoot me a PM and let me know what your weekend plans are; I want to swing by to check it out!

1A1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just gorgeous. Get some pix out in the sunlight when you get a chance.

Steve

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The nose of the car tends to get little chips in the vinyl, so be prepared to redo that section now and then. Car looks great. I had mine professionally done the first time, but learned how to redo the damaged sections myself. The layout on a GTS is tricky. By the way, I much prefer the look of the hood with the stripes going around the NACA duct, as it highlights it. Thats how I had my guy do it.

OP
OP
T

triblk6spd

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thanks guys! The alcohol thing was explained pretty good by dave6666 and treesnake. The alcohol is simply used to get any oils or anything left over by the polish. Mentioned earlier, polish is not meant to be left on the car. Wax and sealent is. I do not use alcohol between wax-sealant coats.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sloth