1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My turn for headgaskets.!...gen 1

Discussion in 'RT/10 and GTS Discussions' started by jdeft1, Feb 9, 2009.

1. 99 R/T 10

99 R/T 10 Enthusiast

2. Stretch

Stretch Viper Owner

I have a set in yellow ready to go in :2tu: Quality Wires rock!

And my car will have the honor of being worked on by the man AB himself. I just about have all the parts I need so I'm getting excited.

3. vipzilla

vipzilla Viper Owner

me too yellow also

4. Randy Forbes

Randy Forbes Enthusiast

Latest batch of photos (from 3/5) are online: Gallery

[​IMG]

5. Randy Forbes

Randy Forbes Enthusiast

Turning point of the job: the heads are back on. Gallery updated, currently at 286 pictures.

[​IMG]

6. plumcrazy

plumcrazy Viper Owner

great pics and details.

7. ViperTony

ViperTony Enthusiast

Randy, great pics thanks for posting. I love the attention to detail on the pushrods.

8. John Baringer

John Baringer Viper Owner

This is my car that Randy is working on. I went and seen the car before the heads were put back on. What a mass of a engine. Just sat there and stared at the engine for at least 10 minutes. Everyone should have an awesome mechanic like Randy in there back yard. I love the detailed pictures on his site of progress of my car. I rush to the computer every morning to see what is new with the car. Randy will also be doing a brake job, and Hurst shifter on the car also.

THANKS RANDY!!!

Also big props to THE VIPER WIZARD! He has been a big help to both us during this process!

9. jdeft1

jdeft1 Viper Owner

Wow, Randy you're putting me to shame! I have simailar pics but was too lazy to post. I'm not familiar with the Hurst shifter but I'm very happy with the B&M shifter I have. Very good, positive action and short throw....

Thanks for taking up my slack!! I was intending to chronicle the job here in Pics but maybe I'll hold off now.

10. Randy Forbes

Randy Forbes Enthusiast

Thanks guys! As John knows, most of the cars I work on are shipped in from other parts of the country, so I always do a photo documentation to keep the owner's informed of my progress and to make it easier for them to understand why it takes as long as it takes/costs as much as it costs for any given job.

Working on John's Viper is always a treat, as it's so different (AND IN YOUR FACE) compared to the more sedate sportscars I am usually contracted to work on.

Speaking of which, it's still progressing nicely, having gotten the new plug wires fitted last night after John dropped off the latest package from Chuck Tator.

[​IMG]

11. Randy Forbes

Randy Forbes Enthusiast

As a result of server relocation, ALL the picture links have been broken. A new link to the entire album, covering the job from start to finish can be found here (no new material, just an album full of pictures taken a decade ago):
    http://spcarsplus.com/piwigo/index.php?/category/270

[​IMG]

steve e likes this.
  12. jdeft1

jdeft1 Viper Owner

It's weird seeing this thread pop up again after ten years! I'm not even sure if I'm still driving the same car!! Needless to say, my head gasket swap worked out just fine.