My turn for headgaskets.!...gen 1

Randy Forbes

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Turning point of the job: the heads are back on. Gallery updated, currently at 286 pictures.

You must be registered for see images

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Randy, great pics thanks for posting. I love the attention to detail on the pushrods.

John Baringer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Turning point of the job: the heads are back on. Gallery updated, currently at 286 pictures.

This is my car that Randy is working on. I went and seen the car before the heads were put back on. What a mass of a engine. Just sat there and stared at the engine for at least 10 minutes. Everyone should have an awesome mechanic like Randy in there back yard. I love the detailed pictures on his site of progress of my car. I rush to the computer every morning to see what is new with the car. Randy will also be doing a brake job, and Hurst shifter on the car also.

THANKS RANDY!!!

Also big props to THE VIPER WIZARD! He has been a big help to both us during this process!

OP
OP
jdeft1

jdeft1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow, Randy you're putting me to shame! I have simailar pics but was too lazy to post. I'm not familiar with the Hurst shifter but I'm very happy with the B&M shifter I have. Very good, positive action and short throw....

Thanks for taking up my slack!! I was intending to chronicle the job here in Pics but maybe I'll hold off now.

Randy Forbes

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks guys! As John knows, most of the cars I work on are shipped in from other parts of the country, so I always do a photo documentation to keep the owner's informed of my progress and to make it easier for them to understand why it takes as long as it takes/costs as much as it costs for any given job.

Working on John's Viper is always a treat, as it's so different (AND IN YOUR FACE) compared to the more sedate sportscars I am usually contracted to work on.

Speaking of which, it's still progressing nicely, having gotten the new plug wires fitted last night after John dropped off the latest package from Chuck Tator.

OP
OP
jdeft1

jdeft1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's weird seeing this thread pop up again after ten years! I'm not even sure if I'm still driving the same car!! Needless to say, my head gasket swap worked out just fine.