my viper is draining my wallet fast lol

dragon rider

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I learned my lessons modifying a 20k four ****** acura integra in the late 90's. (Fast and Furious, I know) 5 years and 25k in mods/ rebuilds later, I learned my lesson. I Put the car back to stock and has been 100% reliable for the past 7 years. I struggle every day not to make the same mistake with my snake. :)

Shandon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So yeah, I came to think of it and... my viper is draining my wallet pretty fast.

Originally i bought a viper to have a low monthly payment (I didn't want to get into a really high monthly payment of a super exotic)

but one thing i notcied today is every month i drop a couple of grand on mods, if its not engine mods, its suspension mods, or wheels that cost more then my first few cars.

when does it end :confused:

:dunno::omg:Did someone say MODS ENDING:omg::dunno:

:nono: NO! Never!

Shandon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It never ends. It's like your wife's butt. It looks good at the start, but soon it gets bigger and bigger. You're sure it will stop but it doesn't. The best thing to do with the budget is the same thing with your wife's butt. Close your eyes and accept it!

OMG:D I snorted my coffee this morning reading this, I laughed so hard! Thanks for a great monday morning laugh:talk

FLATOUT

Viper Owner
Reaction score
OMG:D I snorted my coffee this morning reading this, I laughed so hard! Thanks for a great monday morning laugh:talk

Me too that has to be the funniest line I have read in several years on the web. I quoted it this past weekend at our local cruise in spot and everyone got a good laugh.:rolaugh::rolaugh::rolaugh::rolaugh:

BigBadViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
HAHA...

Start getting into serious mods and you will only wish they were $2000. Try $20K a pop. I just got my car back yesterday and spent another 20. turbo kit $40K. And on And on.

2006red/whitecoupe

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree with those who say "pay cash for toys", except, when i was senior in High School, i convinced my dad to co-sign [ i was 17] for a 1969 Mach 1, 428 SCJ, 4 speed at the local Ford Dealer. My payment was $93.68 per month and that was tough at $2.00 per hour part time at the gas station; to this day I have no regrets.

Last edited:

LucimerOhmZ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thats why when i get mine this summer I will but it as a stock or slightly modded. If i wsnt to mod a car, i'll just get a car that mods for cheap, thus my mopar.

YLW DRM2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So yeah, I came to think of it and... my viper is draining my wallet pretty fast.

Originally i bought a viper to have a low monthly payment (I didn't want to get into a really high monthly payment of a super exotic)

but one thing i notcied today is every month i drop a couple of grand on mods, if its not engine mods, its suspension mods, or wheels that cost more then my first few cars.

when does it end :confused:

Ha, join the club, I am in the same boat. First I bought the car because it was fast as it is and thought I would not do any mods to it. Well, maybe better tires and if changing tires, better looking wheels. Oh and maybe change an exhaust to get a better sound from the stock mufler :0. After that it is became a road to total drain of the wallet. Purchased most of the bolts on that Viper can take. Oh and if it is not performance bolts on its cosmetics to make it look better, thogh nobody but me can see the difference, even my wife :dunno:.

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
THe only thing I want to know is which one of you are rerady to sell me your already modified Viper so that I don't have to sink all of the cash and time into the one i currently own ? :lmao:

welllllll :eater:

PM me. Red/Silver ACR Paxton, exhaust, brakes, Nitrous, etc. 24,000 miles. I might even be interested in a Viper trade. It passed emissions too.

Ted

Viper ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
When does it end? When you grow up!

Rule 1 if you can't afford to pay for it in cash or have the means to pay for it without it draining your pocket. YOU CAN'T AFFORD IT.

Why do people do this to themselves is beyond me.

The only person other than yourself that thinks hes cool is the bank, they are laughing at you every month you write that check. :rolaugh: :eater:

So many people with finacial advise . I probably shouldn't have bought most of my cars . And if I was to save up tell I had the cash for them , I would probably never have got around to having a really nice ride. . Not all of us make six figures + a year . So would take a long time to save up to have the cash to pay for a Viper .

I have had a nice car since I was twenty bought a new Z06 when I was 22. No way I wanted to wait tell I had the cash to pay for them . Did I pay a little extra in intrest sure . Did I love every day of ownership? Of course no regrets at all. Little extra I have paid in intrest is worth every ride , every trip to the garage to check out my cars and every smile I put on faces .
Definetly worth every penny . I don't care to be rich in my life I enjoy my job and don't mind working . I also enjoy Viper ownership and don't mind owing on it . I know too many people that just save and save and never spend money . I doubt they will spend there money later in life . They won't know how too or what on. They have no intrests except work. At least they will die with a fat bank account and no life experiences . Each to there own but I'm gonna enjoy the ride along the way even if Im in debt doing it . :headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang:

If it makes you happy and isn't effecting your life negatively then who cares what it costs .

jmillsUT28

Enthusiast
Reaction score
:2tu::2tu::2tu::2tu::2tu::2tu: Viper ACR!! If you can afford the payments why not get a loan? I do not understand the comment, if you do not have the money to pay cash you should not have it. :dunno: I make good money and could have paid cash for mine but I was able to get a 3.9% rate. I would rather take the amount of money I could have bought my car for with cash and invest it into my business. The return on investment will be well over my 3.9% auto loan rate. So in the long run I WILL be making money... :rolaugh:

goldcup

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It never ends. It's like your wife's butt. It looks good at the start, but soon it gets bigger and bigger. You're sure it will stop but it doesn't. The best thing to do with the budget is the same thing with your wife's butt. Close your eyes and accept it!

goldcup

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree with those who say "pay cash for toys", except, when i was senior in High School, i convinced my dad to co-sign [ i was 17] for a 1969 Mach 1, 428 SCJ, 4 speed at the local Ford Dealer. My payment was $93.68 per month and that was tough at $2.00 per hour part time at the gas station; to this day I have no regrets.
Sold that exact car a few years ago and paid for my Viper plus a good chunk of cash left over!! Nothing like the AM Philco push button!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HyperViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Could have paid cash, but didn't. I am enjoying giving them the $$$ slowly over the next 48 months. I got 0% ZERO, and even though I am not earning much in the bank, some of my real estate deals are :cool:.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte