My Viper is famous! Its in a painting!! Never mind in a picture, a PAINTING!

Mopar Boy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thats right. It is displayed in freakin' ink to be displayed in many peoples homes. Take that! :rolaugh::D

What am I taking about?

So, back in July I was at Carlisle with the PA chapter and I was speaking with Michael Irvine Studios who is an artist who paints automotive scenes and sells the prints. He was toying with starting a Viper painting and asking some questions about them so I sent him a few pics of the Viper world. I knew a couple weeks ago it was almost complete and I got an email a few minutes ago with an image of the finished painting! Nearly feel off my chair when I saw the cars in it!

You must be registered for see images attach

Freakin' sweet (yes, even the red car)! :nana:

So you all know what to get me for Christmas now. I am not picky who sends it to me. It will be the best $150 you have spent this year! :rolaugh:

(Yes, I did get permission to share the painting. Apparently this weekend is the release of the limited edition copies...)

ZYellow01RT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So Robert...is yours the small yellow dot in the upper left corner? :drive:

Yours should have been the centerpiece, man!!

lxadeuce

Enthusiast
Reaction score
is the black viper about to crash into the green one and the blue one? he looks irresponsible spinning his tires that close to other cars

InjectTheVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
*cue response from Chad that the yellow car is racing home like a dog with it's tail between the legs after being severely barked at by the red car*

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So Robert...is yours the small yellow dot in the upper left corner? :drive:

If you're gonna have a yellow Viper in your painting, thats where I'd want it...driving away in shame from all the real Vipers :D

is the black viper about to crash into the green one and the blue one? he looks irresponsible spinning his tires that close to other cars

He is texting while driving and a deer was involved. Trust me, it always happens this way! :rolaugh:

Ok fine, I'll be nice. That is cool Robert! Hopefully since your car was the inspiration for one of the cars he'll cut you a deal on one of the paintings! After he does, mail it to me and I'll autograph the red Gen 1 for you.

jwolf

Enthusiast
Reaction score
When I was at Hershey the week after Carlisle I was looking at his snow scene in the woods with the Shelby GT 350's I had a Viper hat on he ask if I had a viper and and he told me he would have Viper painting done in time for Christmas and he would send me a scan but I haven't gotten it yet. I told him if it had a red TR/10 I would buy one.

OP
OP
M

Mopar Boy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you're gonna have a yellow Viper in your painting, thats where I'd want it...showing them how to go fast...:D

Fixed it for ya! :D

Ok fine, I'll be nice. That is cool Robert! Hopefully since your car was the inspiration for one of the cars he'll cut you a deal on one of the paintings! After he does, mail it to me and I'll autograph the red Gen 1 for you.

You? Nice? Wow.

If you really want to be nice, buy me one!:lmao: But I dont want to see your X on the red car. Learn to do more than an X for your name and maybe we will talk....:rolaugh:

(Not sure I am the inspiration as such, but they are very generous like that and I am sure we will work something out....even if my car was not in it, I would be getting one of these!)

When I was at Hershey the week after Carlisle I was looking at his snow scene in the woods with the Shelby GT 350's I had a Viper hat on he ask if I had a viper and and he told me he would have Viper painting done in time for Christmas and he would send me a scan but I haven't gotten it yet. I told him if it had a red TR/10 I would buy one.

As it was just released this weekend, I suspect that email is still coming.

The cars in the reflections are amazing. I'd like to get a large print of this.

Always loved that about Michael's work. The amount you don't see right off the bat is amazing!

If I understand correctly, they are available as an introductory price of $125 right now as they were just released.... Now might be the better tome for you to get it....

Ah yes that is snow!

:rolaugh:

2snakes4us

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great art work , I cant get over the saphire gts about to ram the Blue and white. totally ruins the photo. worthless to me. Ask the artist to change it.

99VPRGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think the reason his is so far back is an attempt to hide the huge ugly wing he put on it...singlehandedly destroying the lines on that GTS. :(

jwolf

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I got this in the mail today.

When we met this summer at Hershey, I told you that Artist Michael Irvine was working on a new Mopar print. As per your request to notify you upon completion, attached is a copy of the new Dodge Viper print "Dry Lake Snakes".

Just completed, the new painting captures Vipers congragating to watch what a race prepared Viper can do on the Bonneville Salt Flats.

The print measures a large 21" x 30" and is from an edition of only 800 exact size prints from the original watercolor art. The print is introductory priced at $125.00 for orders placed before November 30th, thereafter they will be $150.00. There is no charge for shipping.

Please share this information with your local Viper club. If you want to order the print, just phone me with a credit card or you can send a check to the address below.

Jim McDermott
Mac's Art & Automotive Collectibles
7325 Kirkridge Dr.
Cincinnati, Ohio 45233-4234
(513) 941-5310
E-mail - [email protected]
WWW.MACS-ART.COM

OP
OP
M

Mopar Boy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great art work , I cant get over the saphire gts about to ram the Blue and white. totally ruins the photo. worthless to me. Ask the artist to change it.

Now now.... LOL

I think the reason his is so far back is an attempt to hide the huge ugly wing he put on it...singlehandedly destroying the lines on that GTS. :(

:hitwithrock:

Soooo, I am going with you don't like my wing? :D

OP
OP
M

Mopar Boy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I like the wing. I'll bet it looks good on other cars too :D

You like the wing....and you feel (just from a mental image of course) that it would look good on other cars eh? I wonder if There is anyone else (who shall remain nameless) from the OH region that would share those thoughts? And might also have a guess at how heavy the wing might be....

Smart butt. :rolaugh:

Vipuronr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great painting! Make a nice center piece in someone's den or "super-garage"! I also count 8 Vipers....well done!

So, it looks like size DOES matter....as the yellow Viper is the smallest Viper in the painting! :omg:

But, seriously, it's very cool that he included your car.....:2tu:

Last edited: