My Viper is going on sale

JoeViperRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's really not the right car for me right now. Wondering how much I should list it for.

95 RT/10

13k miles

black.. very good paint.. not perfect.

typical scratches on the dash.

Runs PERFECTLY

Stock stock stock

How much?

jp

OP
OP
J

JoeViperRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
GTS-R 001 -- you trying to buy it at that price?

:)
jp

I'm thinking of asking 36,500

TAXIMAN1

Enthusiast
Reaction score

If there are low mile, 95 RT/10's being sold for $28k, I only have 2 questions.

Where can I get them?
How many of them can I buy?

OP
OP
J

JoeViperRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
pm me if there's any interest. Not sure if I'll list it locally.. do a consignment .. Ebay.. not sure which way I'll go.

jp

REDSLED

Enthusiast
Reaction score
GTS-R 001 -- you trying to buy it at that price?

:)
jp

I'm thinking of asking 36,500

Mr GTS-R 001 has collected and sold about every year Viper they've made so I would say that his assesment of price is not that far off.
You can ask for $36.5 all day long. Whether you get close to that is another story. Does the car have an extended warranty? Have the head gaskets been changed? Have the original tires been replaced? Those are some issues I ran up against when I sold my 94 several years ago.

OP
OP
J

JoeViperRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
extended warranty? Umm.. no. I'm not a dealer.. just a guy selling a nice car. Head gaskets? Doesn't leak oil.. and there's no water in the exhaust or the oil. It's got 13k miles and I've had it for 3 months. The answer is a decided I don't know.. and would guess no. What are the original tires on this car? I can look and see if these are the same.

Interesting questions.. but, he might have bought and sold 5000 vipers.. doesn't make this one worth only 28k.

jp

CAS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
extended warranty? Umm.. no. I'm not a dealer.. just a guy selling a nice car. Head gaskets? Doesn't leak oil.. and there's no water in the exhaust or the oil. It's got 13k miles and I've had it for 3 months. The answer is a decided I don't know.. and would guess no. What are the original tires on this car? I can look and see if these are the same.

Interesting questions.. but, he might have bought and sold 5000 vipers.. doesn't make this one worth only 28k.

jp

I don't think that your car, based on your description, is worth only 28K, but REDSLED brings up a good point. Head gaskets on Gen I cars are, for all intents and purposes, faulty from the factory and should be replaced regardless of whether the car leaks right now or not. In short, it's not a question of if, but when and how bad. To make a good sale, budget $1000 or knock a grand off of the price, because it does need to be done. If the original tires are on the car, get them off for your own safety. A buyer is also not going to want 10 year old rubber, so set aside another thousand for that. For a quick sale, I'd have the car professionally detailed, headgaskets replaced, a PPI done from a reputable Viper Tech, and have the new tires/alignment ready to go. That way there are no doubts your car is a good example. You have to remember that as the Gen I's get cheaper, they are being traded by more people so the pristine, no stories Gen I car is getting harder to find.

Just some friendly advice. Even if you don't want to get this stuff done yourself, knock the price of the car down a couple thousand so that the next owner can. That doesn't make your car worth 28K, but I'd say more fairly 34-35 (sans gaskets/tires) depending on how good the rest of the car is.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Missjazzyfitness