Nardelli (Cerberus) loves the Viper!

Yellow32

Enthusiast
Reaction score
TCC Blog » Blog Archive » Pressed for Better Mileage, Chrysler turning to Diesels

A lot of analysts had predicted recently that the Dodge Viper would be dropped. But Chrysler chief executive Robert Nardelli confounded those outside observers by showing up at the Conner Avenue plant in Detroit, offering fulsome praise for the Viper and its legacy.

Nardelli visited the Conner plant to present NASCAR driver Kurt Busch the keys to the 25,000th Viper to roll off the plant’s assembly line. “Reaching this milestone is quite an achievement considering the Dodge Viper SRT10 is a hand-built performance vehicle
You must be registered for see images attach
,” said Nardelli. “This unique manufacturing facility has allowed us to produce a true American legend,” he added. At first glance, Nardelli’s appearance might seem meaningless but in the age of digital media, it is also the kind of snippet that can wind up taking on a life of its own on the Internet should Cerberus ever decide the Viper needs to die to save a few dollars.
By Joseph Szczesny

more from Joesph:

The Oakland Press: Business

Last edited:

InjectTheVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That appearance looks like a good signal... still not sure about what Cerberus will eventually have in store though.

slaughterj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
He probably has a good idea as to the future plans for the Viper. And there seems to be little point for him to show up and make such a statement if it is going to be gone anytime soon.

Performance Junkie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks like a very good sign.
Lets hope he reads this site and the posts of how people flock to the Viper and break hearts at Starbucks:D

GRNBGON

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bob is the man. If it wasn't for his commitment to customers concerns, I wouldn't have my 08.
Thanks a million Bob, I owe you one.

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Lets hope this statement means he intends to squash the doomsayers. I would not be one bit surprised when CAAP closes, but I cannot see abandoning the Viper when it is just starting a lifecycle, and could easily be implemented into other plants as the demand for some other cars is removed from the equation.

Schulmann

Enthusiast
Reaction score

This is definitely a good news for this year.
I am quite sure Nardelli took the temperature at the factory and has passed his grocery list to the Managers. Managers have likely a couple of years to save the beast. From accounting point of view, a couple of things have to improve.

DublinOH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Met Mr. Nardelli during Woodward last year when we had a Prowler group photo taken. He showed up in his "Black Tie" edition Prowler which he purchased while he was at Depot. Has Georgia plates. So at least he is a fan of the products Conner is putting out.

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Encouraging words with a lot more credibility than the "I know a guy who knows a guy..." bs we've been hearing for years.

The Viper is such an amazing car, there is no good reason to cancel it.

GRNBGON

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Encouraging words with a lot more credibility than the "I know a guy who knows a guy..." bs we've been hearing for years.

The Viper is such an amazing car, there is no good reason to cancel it.

I don't think they will just cancel it. If the car doesn't meet the new emission standards, and they are not doing any R&D to make it qualify, then the Viper will be forced to end at the time the new regs. go into affect. Anyone in the know, please chime in.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte