Apr 12-14 Road Atlanta - Braselton, GA
May 3-5 Carolina Motorsports Park - Kershaw, SC
Jun 7-9 New Jersey Motorsports Park - Millville, NJ
Jul 12-14 Virginia International Raceway - Alton, VA
Aug 16-18 Pitt Race (formally ****** Run) - Wampum, PA
Sep 6-8 Monticello Motor Club - Monticello, NY
Oct TBA
Nov TBA

It has been confirmed a series for Viper ACR-X cars will feature at all events in 2013.

SCLSSRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Now that didn't take long for you to put this up. Your enclosed quote confrims what many have been thinking that the ACR-X's will run right along with the USGT races and just have their own class in our normal races. Which also implies that the standing starts are gone and will be rolling starts just like have always done. The races just got alot more interesting. I hope everyone "plays well together", since we have been practicing together all along I am sure we will all get along just fine. I'm looking forward to another great year!!!!!!!!!!!

VIPER GTSR 91

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Was just going to post this. Put to rest all the talk about Viper Cup not running too. I will be at TWS in TT1. Glad they posted the schedule early.

bluestreak

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hoping for COTA in Texas in March so I can drive down to TWS in Feb and leave my car down there for COTA. I'm plannign on TT at CMP, Road Atlanta, VIR, 1 of the TBA's and Monticello. If no COTA, hope it's Barber or Sebring in March and Watkins again in Oct.

I think NARRA should partner up with a group on the west coast and have a separate NARRA West with a National Championship at COTA or middle of the country somewhere, that would be awesome.

VJR3

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hoping for Mid-Ohio in March (might be alittle early) or in October, Mid Ohio is a fantastic track............planning on Road Alanta, Pitt Race, Monticello as of now

OP
OP
M

Magnus_

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I hope they'll fill one of those TBA's with circuit of the americas. Watching F1 practice right now and the track looks amazing!

bluestreak

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The track is unbelievable. Im here for the race and this is the best racing facility in the country bar none. COTA would be huge if Narra can get it on the schedule.

Boxer12

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hoping for Mid-Ohio in March (might be alittle early) or in October, Mid Ohio is a fantastic track............planning on Road Alanta, Pitt Race, Monticello as of now

March is too early for M-O...COTA, Miller, High Plains or Laguna in March would be good!

VJR3

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hopfully Mid-Ohio in Oct........March is way to early................They might try to get COTA for the season wrap up in November

bluestreak

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think they tried venturing out west last year and had poor turnout at Inde (az). They would all but eliminate their core group of people. Might be a little too risky for them to pull off right now. A year or two and I bet they have the recognition to step out west. Considering they are from Illinois and Archer Racing (who is a BIG supporter and car count filler) is based in Minnesota, I'm suprised by there being no midwest event. But sounds like they are trying to build a stronger following and then expand west. I wouldn't mind a mid ohio date myself.

If they are making us wait until PRI for these other two tracks, they better be good ones. Sebring, Barber, COTA, Watkins Glen should be strong considerations.

bluestreak

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Heard some good news about events to be added to the schedule. Can't disclose, but it's a great place for NARRA to run.

VIPER GTSR 91

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cannot register for any of the events yet until the others are in place. Hope its soon as planning is important for most of us.

AZTVR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think they tried venturing out west last year and had poor turnout at Inde (az).

Out in the boonies, hundreds of miles from most interested parties. I was there, and like the track; but, AZ has a very small group of Viper track enthusiasts unlike California. Viper Days usually attracted a large group of people when it visited SoCal.

Paul Hawker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The SoCal club will be going to Willow Springs big track in January. Will be interesting to see how many turn out for this local club event. If the turnout is substantial, maybe we will get another look.

If NARRA is just going to become a regional event, perhaps VCA should consider spreading some of their support around to some other active racing regions of the country.

redtanrt10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Out in the boonies, hundreds of miles from most interested parties. I was there, and like the track; but, AZ has a very small group of Viper track enthusiasts unlike California. Viper Days usually attracted a large group of people when it visited SoCal.

NARRA has been a huge disapointment for California. Skip and Viper Days always had 1 or 2 events anually out here. NARRA history;

- Buttonwillow CA '09, good turnout but event was booked in the rainy season and Sunday had rain most of the day.

- Spring Mountain NV '10, good turnout but ACR-X race, support races produced scheduling issues and cut short HPDE events. NARRA says sorry and gives everybody $100.00 coupon for next event.

- Chuckwalla CA '11, middle of nowhere CA, 50 miles to nearest hotel, fair turnout, no ACR-X race.

- Inde AZ '12, middle of nowhere AZ, 500 miles plus from SoCal, no ACR-X race. We give up.

For the regular track crowd we miss the ACR-X's, the comp coupe racing, the Archer's support plus others. But, we have monthly opportunites at great tracks that are well organized. The unfortunate part for vipers and the club is that we don't have a regularily scheduled semi-closed event to bring out the first timers and provide viper focused instruction.

If NARRA would come out here to a good track, they'd find lot's of support. Here's an event that Michael VonQ held at Spring Mountain in 2011, 250 mile drive or tow each way for most of us, lot's of vipers

bluestreak

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm smack in the middle of NARRA's current event schedule. Can't complain. However I feel for you guys because they really do put on great events. Keep bombarding them with messages and maybe gather some lists of interested parties. It's just soooooo far to cali, they would almost have to have a totally different base of customers to make a successful event. And once a year isn't going to build much loyalty. I understand it from that standpoint.

No amateur events really run coast to coast without joining up with someone else. Redline Time attack was the same way, just the opposite. Could not make the commitment to offer enough east coast events to make 1 or 2 events worthwhile. It's just not beneficial for small groups. Best bet would be a NARRA west if they could build something like that. It would be awesome.

Why there is no event in the midwest when that's where they are located is surprising to me.

Paul Hawker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Maybe it is the cost of West Coast or Midwest tracks, or maybe NARRA is now just a small clique of good friends that want to race together. No longer comparable to ViperDays.

What ever it is, no vacuum goes unfilled for long. Maybe a new Viper centered national or regional group will rise up.

No matter, SRT is all in for Sports Car racing. They are fielding a pair of globe trotting GTS-R's and I have to imaging they are planning to someday produce the next generation on ACR's and ACR-X's that will want an organized program where customers can race them.

Without customer Vipers having a place to run on tracks, what is the purpose of the factory/ making racing Vipers?

We miss you Skip...

bluestreak

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't imagine cost of venues is the problem as they are using tracks like Road Atlanta, Sebring, Daytona in the last year, and those are pretty expensive. Daytona majorly so. Even were going to go to COTA (unfortunately not next year from what I've heard). SRT is likely to focus on pro racing, ALMS, World Challenge, Grand-Am etc. Viper sales aren't vast enough for them to put too much effort into DE. And most Vipers still end up as garage queens anyways or at least never see a racing surface.

They could move Viper Cup to another group, but no one on the east coast races and is as versatile as NARRA. The SE is the strongest in the US with regards to track presence, so building here is smart. How long it takes them to branch out and expand is the question.

Kevan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mansen is trying to talk me into running TT-1 at a few of the events this year.

Now....how much does Jim Stout charge for coaching? Hmmmm....
:D :D :D

FrankBarba

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Paul....I imagine that you might be able to contact some of the ole' Viper Days Crowd in Arizona
that might be able to give you some help & might even be able to recruit some people to help
you put something together.

SCLSSRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The last few times NARRA has made the trip out west the attendance from west coast people was TERRIBLE!!!!!. You guys always talk a big story about wanting NARRA to come out west then when they do you don't show up. Why not make the trip to TWS in February and lobby for west coast event inperson then MAYBE they will beleive you. If you want a west coast event get 50 - 60 people to send NARRA $800.00 each and tell them you have booked a track with that money now bring the event and I bet NARRA will show up. PUT YOUR MONEY WHERE YOUR MOUTH IS AND NARRA WILL COME. There is still no event scheduled for March as of today so try it and see what happens.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viper123456