Need a new windshield due to hail damage last night...

JohnnyH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well as the title says I'm in the need for a new windshield due to a hail storm that happened out of no where last night. Anyone has an idea whats they price new windshields at?

You must be registered for see images attach

Also on a side note... Can anyone photoshop my car to white? So I can have an idea to stay red or repaint the whole car white? Thanks in advance.

Timnineside

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Any glass shop should be able to get you that windshield. And that car looks great in white!!

On a side note those wheels look like they have some hail damage you can go ahead and send them here to Michigan no charge for disposal.

-Tim

OP
OP
J

JohnnyH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Any glass shop should be able to get you that windshield. And that car looks great in white!!

On a side note those wheels look like they have some hail damage you can go ahead and send them here to Michigan no charge for disposal.

-Tim

Hahaha. Yea you right!

msp282

Viper Owner
Reaction score
from what i remember when my 09 ACR needed a new windsheild..... they are only available from Dodge... but Safelite sources it from Dodge and puts it in for a good bit cheaper than going to the dodge dealer. I think mine was $700ish... i paid out of pocket due to not wanting to have any more claims on my insurance.... if you run it through the insurance then i guess it doesn't matter too much if you go do the dealer or use Safelite.

Paul Scharf

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Yes, Safelite is a good source for an oem type windshield. We do sell them here, but because of the size and the windshield being very fragile, I would recommend against getting a windshield new or used shipped in. Let the glass company handle it themselves. We paid about $575 for our last new one we had Safelite install in our gen 3 convertable.

Fatboy 18

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Love the low look of your car, I think the Red looks great, But the White is nice too.

My friend has a Lamborghini Murcielago, the colour of the Car originally was Purple, He has had it wrapped in White which has a slight metallic look to it and also Carbon Fibre effect black areas. It now looks Awesome. http://www.flickr.com/photos/nwvt/4623049956/

Getting the car wrapped will save your Fast Red paintwork and protect it from chips etc, Might be cheaper than a full re-spray?

08viperviolet

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had my 2010 replaced by safelight under insurance. They charged the insurance $850.00 and came to my house and replaced it there. I like red but a change can always be good. Would wrap it before I would pay to have the car striped to change color correctly. Good luck.

Reaction score
Modified another one, which may help or hinder the decision! Myself I think the white is a bit more classy, the red a bit more sporty. You could always go sapphire blue of course ;)

TowDawg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm liking the white. And changing the paint color on a Viper (Gen III vert, anyway) is MUCH easier than a lot of cars. Everything that needs paint comes off the car pretty easily, so there are no door-jambs or underhood areas that can cause issues on other cars. Honestly, even if you have one repainted the same color, I would remove all of the panels and have them painted off the car and then put them back on.

I got a chip in my windshield a few months ago and Safelite was just over $500 for a new one, installed.

OP
OP
J

JohnnyH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yea you're right about the white looking a little more classy and the red looking more sporty. I really like the sexiness of the red, but was always a fan of white colored cars also.

OP
OP
J

JohnnyH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks y'all for the information about the windshield. I called around asking for prices, but they told me they had to locate one first before giving prices. Tomorrow the adjuster suppose to be coming to see the car and checking the rest of the car for anymore damages that I didn't see this morning.

ulllose

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Btw....great looking viper....mine is just as low with 19/20 set up with kw's.........rides like **** but looks fantastic!

LaViper

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Go to Star Glass Co. on Westbank Expressway, Harvey,La. Should be around $500.00 or lower. (Ask for Kathlene,she owns the Co.) Good luck

ViperGeorge

Enthusiast
Reaction score
After you get your windshield replaced (Safelite did mine and they had it in stock) have Clearplex installed on the new glass. Kind of like a clear bra for the windshield. You lose a little clarity but the windshield will be protected. Google Clearplex.

viper k

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i would paint it red but either way it will be beautiful!!!!!!!!

kblake905

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Go to Star Glass Co. on Westbank Expressway, Harvey,La. Should be around $500.00 or lower. (Ask for Kathlene,she owns the Co.) Good luck
Unfortunately I had to replace mine because of a leaking weatherstrip.
Here in Ontario, Canada we have a company called Apple Auto Glass, they only charged $500 for my 04 windshield.
Not sure if you have them in the states......

OP
OP
J

JohnnyH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just to give an update. Safelite Auto Glass just quoted me $531.68 for the windshield. I talked to the lady a little bit and she gave me a "Viper Discount" bringing the total to $488.17 installed.

Sonoman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Question for you guys: Is it required (or just a good idea) to change the rubber seal around the windshield at the time it is replaced?

OP
OP
J

JohnnyH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I want to change my rubber seal. Its looking old and nasty looking. I been wanting to change it out so what better time to do it than now?