Need a Part.....Mr. Wizard or anyone else

pocketAA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
99 RT/10 viper (drivers side)....it is the plastic cap where the soft top front pegs go into on top of the front winshield frame. I guess you can call it a sort of plate covering the opening. The plastic around the screw broke so now it is loose. I got a quote from a local dealer, not sure if it is the right part, but he quoted $190 which seems like an aweful lot considering the part is about the size of a small wallet.

Chuck or anyone else,
Can you give me a quote for the price of the part or can anyone else clarify if that seems correct? If it is, I might just have to fix it myself somehow.

Thanks again for all the help.
Brian

propsail

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's about how much I paid. You have to get the plastic part plus the receiver. It comes as one kit. You can't get the plastic peice seperately.
Viper tax at its finest.

OP
OP
P

pocketAA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That is ******** that I cannot just get the plastic "cap". Thanks dave, I will try those others you listed and see what they say.

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ViperPartsLarry at ViperPartsLarry.com most likely has that piece. If you don't see on his site call him at 917-570-1915. Did you call Chuck first at 914-763-3136?

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Also try JonB @ PartsRack Online Shopping - Home you never know he may have a use one or just the part you need

you will need to call him with this request you prob wont fint it on web site

[Assuming that Dodge has a part # on it,] PartsRack offers new, 25% off MSRP. Used, 50% off MSRP. Have not looked, but I believe this part may be offered as a windshield surround item only

Last edited:

Viper Wizard

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There is a repair kit from Chrysler, it comes with two covers, two cam-locks and four screws:
#5015402AA MSRP $189.00 :omg: [41 left in stock]
I keep one in stock [VCA discounts] and if you'd like it, I can give you some tips for the install [I've done a few! :smirk:]

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There is a repair kit from Chrysler, it comes with two covers, two cam-locks and four screws:
#5015402AA MSRP $189.00 :omg: [41 left in stock]
I keep one in stock [VCA discounts] and if you'd like it, I can give you some tips for the install [I've done a few! :smirk:]

Chuck... If you solve any more problems today for the Viper community with the same speed and precision so far, we're going to have to maybe give you a blue cape and hat or something so you'll stand out in this honor.

I know, it's silly, but just an idea. ;)

OP
OP
P

pocketAA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for all the suggestions and help. Not sure what I am going to do. I am going to take a closer look at it this weekend. I might just try fixing it myself. If not, I will contact one of the guys on here to purchase the part from.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tombala