Need Help HRE P40 for White Mamba

pittVIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Have to tell them the finish for HRE P40's to go on a 2004 White Mamba vert with black top. Can not decide between flat(satin) black and glossy black. My thinking was to go with glossy black and once they got the brake dust on them I would have the best of both worlds-clean them for nice glossy or leave dirty for flat. I have to tell them tomorrow so please speak up. I know this is personal preference but would like your opinions. Thanks in advance.

GTLaser

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You don't want to leave brake dust on your new wheels or they will ruin them and look cheap..... I have satin and wouldn't go to gloss.

AbsolutHank

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know I'm in the minority, but I can't imagine painting a set of HREs black, and completely hiding the fine detail and machine work.

My favorite would be the tinted clear over brushed...

Timnineside

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mine are all Black. I run the HRE 895R's and would never do it again. With well over 8K+ into wheels and tires they still treat you like your a POS. This is my second set of HRE's cuz I broke my first two front's on a track day (yeah shouldn't have ran them)

As for all black on your car BAD idea brother! It's going to look like you put 4 spare tires on. You have to have a wheel with a decent lip to pull off black!

Here is mine: http://forums.viperclub.org/threads/645126-Pro-Shots-of-my-Matte-Black-GTS?highlight=matte+black+gts

Goodluck, If you run black do Matte with a White pinstripe! Or you will wish you had!

Also Google Orange SRT and you will see what I mean with the pinstripe.

Post pics when you get them on!

-Tim

DMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Satin black IMO. White with black top, satin black wheels will work nice. Not a fan of glossy black myself, somehow cheapens the look IMO.

I did satin black TrueForged on my new Shelby GT500, it's satin silver & it worked out great.

Here's a pic or 2:
You must be registered for see images

OP
OP
P

pittVIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Those look pretty shiny for satin black. I think mine will look similar with the red caliper and rotor showing through. Looks great-thanks for the pics.

ulllose

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Go with a matte finish. I also would never do all black. You need a lip to offset color or from 20' away it will look like another person said 4 spare tires. I have forgeline with a matte finish graphite and a chrome 3.5 lip on the rear and sometimes when i approach the car from afar it looks almost spare tire ish! Either way i would go matte

DMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Those look pretty shiny for satin black. I think mine will look similar with the red caliper and rotor showing through. Looks great-thanks for the pics.

It's like a sheen in Brite sunshine, but the satin is like between flat and gloss. The gloss ive seen is really glossy and shiney.

cubican

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I did my wheels mate /semi gloss and love them I can clean them with out any problems , I also replace the brake pads with hawk ceramics no problem with dust.
You must be registered for see images attach

Vooodoo ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
IMO both gloss & satin look good but with the satin they can be dirty and still look good. As far as black wheels looking like spares... I don't see it

ssjcreeper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
That Aventador would look good with lawn mower wheels ... but I agree, black wheels look great (and sinister).

IMO both gloss & satin look good but with the satin they can be dirty and still look good. As far as black wheels looking like spares... I don't see it

AbsolutHank

Enthusiast
Reaction score

LOL

Try picking something other than the first or second hottest car on the planet as an example!

OP
OP
P

pittVIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Guess I am going to have 4 very expensive spare tires...Ha.Ha. I love black wheels. Thanks for all the opinions-I did ask for them. Hopefully they will be here by the end of next week. This is a great group with a wealth of info.

F

FrgMstr

I would suggest a flat black finish as opposed to a satin finish. Much easier to clean. DO NOT go gloss black. The wheels are always shiner than the tires and give the wheels a "plasticy" cheap look on flat surfaces. If you want to go gloss black, I suggest paint instead of powder coat.

KERVILLE-6-11-11-web.jpg

MatteBlackSmoothFinish_1_.jpg

OP
OP
P

pittVIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry but a quick pic of the dirty car with new wheels. Better photos to come.

Last edited:
OP
OP
P

pittVIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ok one more try at posting a pic of wheels.

[/IMG]
[/IMG]

Last edited:

ulllose

Viper Owner
Reaction score
This does not count because the Carbon Brake rotor that is the size of the rim sets the backdrop....lol

ulllose

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Love the car and the rims probably are great looking but with the black you just can c what they look like. I dont know but im glad everyone has different choices or we all look like a bunch of fruits with the same aftermarket rims. If you ditched the run flats when you bought these you have had to notice the HUGE improvement in ride quality. :)
Ok one more try at posting a pic of wheels.

[/IMG]
[/IMG]