Need red silicone radiator hoses - ANYbody have them in stock?

cratica

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Trying to get a pair shipped to me by Friday but Roe is out of stock, Vivid Racing is out of stock and Horsepowerfreaks is out of stock. Any body have them in stock that can ship out tomorrow or know where else to look? (for 97 GTS)

I would much rather have a red set of silicone hoses than have to buy new stock hoses from my dealer.... help!!! :)

OP
OP
C

cratica

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yea, I went to their site but they are pretty proud of their stuff! :) $$

I might call them tomorrow and see if they offer a VCA discount. Maybe it will get it down to what everybody else is charging? (hope). I don't hold out much hope though as I talked to them earlier today about a radiator. I had originally called Howe which had it listed at $540 but they said I have to actually purchase it through Snake Oyl and so I called them and they wanted $800. OUCH! LOL

97snk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yea, I went to their site but they are pretty proud of their stuff! :) $$

I might call them tomorrow and see if they offer a VCA discount. Maybe it will get it down to what everybody else is charging? (hope). I don't hold out much hope though as I talked to them earlier today about a radiator. I had originally called Howe which had it listed at $540 but they said I have to actually purchase it through Snake Oyl and so I called them and they wanted $800. OUCH! LOL

I just ordered from snake oyl a few weeks back and received them the same week. They were around 250 i think shipped...800? you were probably looking at the gen 1 hoses...here's what I got for my 97...
Products ordered
SKU Product Item price Quantity Total
222-332-001-11 Dodge Viper Silicone Radiator Coolant Hose
Options:
Color: black
Fits Viper: All GTS & 97-02 RT-10 (GEN II)
$229.95 1 $229.95
Subtotal: $229.95
Shipping cost: $24.59
Total: $254.54

OP
OP
C

cratica

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry. I was talking about the radiator. I was already freaking out about spending $180 for a couple of hoses (I mean I paid $200 for my first car!!! really, don't ask), so I didn't even consider the $230 for the same set somewhere else. I'll probably just stick with the oem hoses from the factory. I was really hoping for red though since it would have looked cool in the engine bay! :)

MTGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I ordered from JonB about an month ago and he had them. Got them in a couple days.

1TONY1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My upper silicone red hose developed pin holes after about 5 years. I don't think a stock one would have done that. The lower had already been removed due to the turbo system. It was really surprising. Maybe it was due to the extra heat in the engine bay due to the turbos.

OP
OP
C

cratica

Enthusiast
Reaction score
bummer dead end too. Nobody has them in stock so I guess I'll buy new oem. bummer bummer bummer.

AZTVR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
R black, I wanted red. Anyhow, I bought stock ones at my Dodge dealer. Stinks...

Sorry, just saw this. I didn't have good luck with the fit of the OEM replacement hose. It could be made to fit; but, I didn't want to have it rubbing on thigs that it normally would not. I took it back and bought the silicone hoses. Let us know how you make out with yours.