Need some emergency emergency brake help

Richie7

Viper Owner
Reaction score
My ACR developed a squeaking noise at low speeds from the passenger rear tire
So it seems passenger side inner pad is more than 90% gone good thing I stumbled across this thread...
Can anyone share some more details on how to do this yourself?
Thanks

Boxer12

Enthusiast
Reaction score
When you buy the new pads, there is a detailed instruction sheet in the box. Basically you remove the caliper, screw the piston back in to install the new pads (use needle nose pliers) and reinstall the caliper then adjust ebrake by multiple lever actuations.

ROCKET62

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
Well - my inner pad lasted 17k miles on my 2009. Started to hear a squeal / dragging noise from the rear passenger side (only heard it because I was driving through a construction zone with one lane and the concrete barriers). Rotor looks good other than a slight score at the very edge of it.

Have not replaced them yet - but might take Dan Cragin's advice and just replace the inners and save the outers for next time as it appears this will happen again. Outer pads look to have zero wear on them.

Anyone with any thoughts on a long term fix? Looks like a banned member that has been accused of shouting fire might have been right and certainly was trying to help other members.

Maybe we need to start a "Known Issues" area and add this to the door window regulator problem.

Last edited:

MI Viper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Well... I noticed last night when my wife drove the car up the drive away, and I heard a little squeal when she stopped... it's 2009 Vert, with 5,100 miles, never been the rain. Crawled under her last night, (haven't pulled the rear tire yet) and noticed ever so slight grooves on the inside of the Driver's side rear rotor. Nothing on the passenger side.... Tried the rolling test and it rolls just fine... I read this thread right after we got the car, and informed the wife not to use the E-brake, (We live in FL. the land of NO hills :)) anymore. Going to order these today:

https://www.viperpartsofamerica.com...-viper-srt10-parking-brake-pad-kit-05093307aa

and pull the tire off this weekend and see what I have. It's strange that I had the same problem, (A known Ford Problem also) with my 2006 F-350 Ford Powerstroke. That problem is mainly because I don't drive her except when I pull 1 of our boats or go to Home depot. Had to replace 3 out 4 calipers on the Ford!
Thanks, for the heads-up guys,
MI VIper

MI Viper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
VS,
thanks for the input, I called and left a message, and I just ordered my E brake pads from Viperpartsamerica.com. VS I checked your webiste 1st and didn't see them, I went with VPA.com. Hopefully, I can pull the wheel this weekend. Also had to go to the dealer today, and order a 2nd key and Phaub, (SP?) the 1st owner couldn't find the second key set....
Just Love the car, the torque is amazing!
MI V

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shibbydude