Need the low-down on ROE vs Random Tech Hi-Flow Cats

pocketAA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here are my questions.

1) Is there any welding required when installing either of these cats? I have heard there was and also that there was not, so what is the truth.

2) Are there any advantages to one over the other?

3) I would like to install them myself, anything special I should look out for?

Thanks!

TAXIMAN1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I went with Random Tech cats 3' ceramic substrate cats. I tried the band clamps at first, they leaked. Ended up welding both sides. I took the side sills off at my house, drove the car to a local midas. Had them weld everything up, off the car. Then, they just bolted everything back up. Went early on a Saturday so I could "supervise".

sweet gts

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Just did this change over using 3" Roe cats and there race mufflers,all clamps no problems.I gave Dave at Roe my measurments and he sent back final drawings for approval and within a week I had them.I had to have them add some 3" pipe to make up some differance in the length from the old to the new. Looks and sounds great.:)

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I took the advice of JonB and went with the RT ceramic cats for my particular setup. Very happy with it. I took the advice of the Wizard and wrapped a piece of folded aluminum foil over the cat inlet/outlet connections before clamping the connections with strap clamps. Perfect tight seal and no leaks.

Simms

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Chuck Tator gave me a great tip when using band clamps. First, use the nice fat stainless ones that NAPA has. I think they are a good 3-4" wide. Then he said to fold up some aluminum foil (about the width of the band clamp) and wrap that around the pipe joint first, before you put the clamp on. I guess it acts somewhat like a gasket/seel to help prevent any leaks. Chuck may want to add to this, but its worked great for me so far.

OP
OP
P

pocketAA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What size cats should i get? What are the major differences? All I really want is the car to sound a little meaner and gain some HP. My car is stock for the most part, it does have a Random Tech rear exhaust and smooth tubes.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tombala