Need Trailer for my Viper

VIPORXXX

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looking for an "enclosed trailer" for my Viper. I check the classifieds here, are there any other good sites for enclosed trailers???
If you are an experienced Viper Trailering guy/gal what should I look for in my enclosed trailer. I plan to use the trailer to travel to various track events and store my Viper during the winter. My preference is 20 to 24 footer. About how much are used trailers going for??? (Help here also appreciated, I have no idea what these things go for)
I have a Lincoln Navigator as my tow vehicle, this should be OK?
Thanks,
Eddie
smile.gif

jimandela

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I too have a lincoln navigator!! 1999 model 300hp as my tow vehicle. i was considering renting a garage for winter but a enclosed trailer might be a better idea... close by to start her
every once and a while... i dont go to track events.

what year lincoln do you have and what year viper?
JIM

Matt M PA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Trailers hold their value well, and are often not well cared for. I would recommend a new one, I have a 22' 102 wide Haulmark. Haulmarks are made in PA, so you can pick it up and save the shipping costs of having it brought to you. You will need a 102" wide, and even so, it is a close fit between the fenders of the trailer for a Viper. If you buy a new one, you can make sure that the escape door is located for your Viper, so you won't have to climb out the window.

Many companies, Haulmark, Pace, Featherlight, and made in the mid west and it's costly to get them here where we are. Use that money in getting a better trailer.

Your Navigator should work fine, I use a 351 Bronco. We're nearby, so if you want to see mine, or have questions, feel free to e me.

One more thing...check where you will store it before buying. Some areas (parts of Langhorne for example) do not allow trailers that size being parked outside the house.

OP
OP
V

VIPORXXX

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey guys, that was a couple of quick responses.
Jimandela, I have a 99 Navigator and a 00 GTS
Matt, you may be right, for a trailer this size I should check with the zoning people. I also wouldn't want the neighbors to complain. If you don't mind how much did yours go for...what options?
I did see one custompaintedw/ Viper logo...looked cool, but did notice escape door NOT in right location.and I don't think it was as wide as you suggest.
Thanks, Ed

Matt M PA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ed-when I was showing Superbirds, I just had some mild graphics put on it to better match my Bronco. I have no logos or graphics that would let anyone know what is inside. I bought mine new in 1995 for just under $5000. A street rodder friend and I got a two trailer deal. It is a 7000# model, I think they called the model a "Car Carrier". Again, feel free to get in touch if you want to see mine, and what is involved. I can give you all the info on what you need for hitch set-up, etc.

FrankBarba

Enthusiast
Reaction score
you are more than welcomed to come down to harrisburg to see my haulmark....

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang