need your opinon on these...

happy

Viper Owner
Reaction score
i want a set of smooth tubes and i came across these on ebay any one used them or seen them?? here is a pic!

Last edited:
OP
OP
H

happy

Viper Owner
Reaction score
ya just wanted to see what people thought of them before i went ahead and ordered them!!

v10nut

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Smooth tubes are a very simple thing so as long as they fit and the fasteners are quality im sure it will be fine.

-FROG-

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My only beef is that they look like those cheap Pep Boys ricer intake pipes made out of plastic. I may be wrong, but the bulky chrome clamp at the end looks like that plastic pep boys style... Not 100% sure though. Just make sure it's all metal and no plastic parts.

BullRider

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've got those on my car right now. They're pretty high quality.. metal, not plastic. For the price, they're a great deal.

HPmopars

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Those look just like the ones on my car, they are made out of plastic. I didn't buy them, they were already on the car when I bought it.:drive:
You must be registered for see images
[/IMG]

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Plastic or metal shouldn't matter. In fact, plastic should not retain the heat as much as metal. The important thing is the bend. A lot of the early aftermarket tubes were straight and didn't fit right.

After you get them sandblast that blingy chrome crap off them. :)

ukviper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
i want a set of smooth tubes and i came across these on ebay any one used them or seen them?? here is a pic!
I have a virtually brand new pair in my basement that I don't need..how much are they on ebay???

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Once you get 8.0L + of outside air moving rapidly thru the tubes every RPM, any heat in the tubes is GONE...... That 'heat-soak of tubes' non-issue only matters for the first few gulps of air...............the problem occurs if you are sucking in HOT air....... not sucking in cold air.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
potterb4