nerd on top gear Usa just said the Viper is not a real car ..

v10enomous

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Funny how a show that is sad adaptation of the Real Top Gear Car Show would be judgemental about whether or not anything is genuine.:rolleyes:

Viktimize

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Meh, car shows aren't all that popular in the big scheme of things, so I guess us car fanatics can't be too picky about what is available. And really the original BBC version of Top Gear isn't that great either. You've got one introverted dweeb who is your usual dry boring englishman. Then you have the creepy Rod Stewart twin that isn't all that entertaining either, but at least he can drive. The only real entertaining part of the show is when Jeremy Clarkson reviews high performance cars. Other than that I find it to be a mash up of boring crap.

Dom426h

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I enjoy watching Wheeler Dealers which is just beyond ridiculous but very entertaining...

Theres a hole in the floor!!!!

I dont have one single complaint about that show. I love it just the way it is:)

viper_itch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It is a comedy show that uses cars as props. Nothing more.

Though that Tanner guy can drive the **** out of a car.

v10enomous

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tanner does have a considerable resume...

Tanner Foust is a professional racing driver, stunt driver, and television host. He competes in rally, drift, ice racing, time attack and rallycross with multiple podium placements and national championships. He is a co-host on the American version of the motoring television series, Top Gear.
Contents
[hide]

1 Career
2 Achievements
3 TV & film
4 References
5 External links

[edit] Career
2011 ERC: Tanner Foust and his 560bhp Ford Fiesta Mk7 4x4 in action at Maasmechelen

He graduated from the University of Colorado with a degree in molecular biology. He was slated to become co-host for the original American version of the motoring television series, Top Gear, on NBC and filmed a pilot before the series was not picked up. The series has since been picked up by the History Channel and Foust was the only pilot presenter to be picked up when the program finally made it on air in the U.S. in late 2010. He has also hosted other shows including SPEED Channel's SuperCars Exposed, SPEED Channel's Redline TV and ESPN's Import Tuners. On November 21, 2010, he made his debut for the History Channel series, Top Gear, the American version of the BBC hit series of the same name.

Tanner has been a stunt driver for films such as The Fast and the Furious Tokyo Drift, Iron Man 2, and The Dukes of Hazzard. He is a prominent competitor in Formula D, being the 2007 and 2008 Formula D champion and is an accomplished rally racer. Foust is the first driver in Formula D history to win back-to-back series championships. Tanner competed in X Games XIII where he won the gold in the rally racing event. He also participated in Rally America in 2009. In 2010 at X Games XVI he got gold in Rally Car Racing and Rally Car Super Rally, driving the Rockstar Energy Ford Fiesta. He also competed in the European Rallycross Championships for Drivers, becoming the first American to do so. After leaving the drifting scene in favour of Rallycross in 2011 he is a regular ERC competitor, taking part in all 10 rounds of the FIA recognised series.
[edit] Achievements

2005 Rally America PGT Champion [Flatirons Tuning 429 WRX].
2006 Summer X Games Rally Third fastest time in the Stadium Super Special.
2006 Rally America PGT Class Championship Second place overall [Flatirons Tuning 429 WRX].
2006 Formula Drift Championship third place overall [McKinney Nissan Silvia]
2007 Rally America Series Fourth Place (with 6 podium placements)
2007 Formula Drift Pro Drift Champion [Rockstar-AEM 350z]
2007 X Games Rally Gold Medalist [Rockstar Subaru STI]
2008 X Games Rally Silver Medalist [Rockstar Subaru STI]
2008 Race of Champions Competitor
2008 Formula Drift Pro Drift Champion [Rockstar-AEM 350z]
2009 Formula Drift Sixth Place (with 3 podium placements) [Rockstar-Scion Scion TC]
2009 Race of Champions Competitor
2010 Formula Drift Silver Medalist [Rockstar-Scion Scion TC]
2010 X Games Super Rally Gold Medalist [Rockstar-Etnies Ford Fiesta]
2010 X Games Rally Gold Medalist [Rockstar-Etnies Ford Fiesta]
2010 Race of Champions Competitor
2010 Gymkhana Grid Gold Medalist AWD Division [Rockstar-Etnies Ford Fiesta]
2011 World Record for Longest Jump in a four-wheeled vehicle (332 feet)
2011 World Indoor Speed Record (87 MPH in Rockstar-Etnies Ford Fiesta Rallycross Car)

[edit] TV & film
Tanner Foust for Team Hot Wheels jumping across the Indianapolis Motor Speedway's infield at the fourth turn.

The Dukes of Hazzard (2005) stunts
Rally America (2005–2007) as Himself
Formula D (2005–2007) as Himself
Auto Access (2005–2007) Host
Import Racers: "Bull Run" (2006) as Himself
CSI: Miami: "Driven" (2006) stunt driver
Fast & Furious: Tokyo Drift (2006) stunt driver
Master of Champions: "Premiere" (2006) Contestant
RM Classic Car Auction (2007) Host
Redline TV (2007) Host
Dirt: "Ita Missa Est" (2007) stunt double
The Bourne Ultimatum (2007) stunt performer
Numb3rs: "Velocity" (2007) stunt driver
Top Gear (NBC) (2008) Host
Mad Skills: Rhys Millen Is the Kiwi Drifter (2008) as Himself
SuperCars Exposed (2008–2009) Host
Fast & Furious (2009) stunt double
Street Customs: "GTO" (2009) as Himself
Battle of the Supercars (2010) as Himself
Iron Man 2 (2010) stunt double
Top Gear (U.S.) (2010—) Host
Hot Wheels: Fearless at the 500 (2011) as Himself
Red Dawn (2011) stunt double

CA97GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great info- I won't waste my time watching the US show and tired quickly on the Brit one-
Seemed to be down on US cars

cfiiman

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Tanner does have a considerable resume...

Tanner Foust is a professional racing driver, stunt driver, and television host. He competes in rally, drift, ice racing, time attack and rallycross with multiple podium placements and national championships. He is a co-host on the American version of the motoring television series, Top Gear.
Contents
[hide]

1 Career
2 Achievements
3 TV & film
4 References
5 External links

[edit] Career
2011 ERC: Tanner Foust and his 560bhp Ford Fiesta Mk7 4x4 in action at Maasmechelen

He graduated from the University of Colorado with a degree in molecular biology. He was slated to become co-host for the original American version of the motoring television series, Top Gear, on NBC and filmed a pilot before the series was not picked up. The series has since been picked up by the History Channel and Foust was the only pilot presenter to be picked up when the program finally made it on air in the U.S. in late 2010. He has also hosted other shows including SPEED Channel's SuperCars Exposed, SPEED Channel's Redline TV and ESPN's Import Tuners. On November 21, 2010, he made his debut for the History Channel series, Top Gear, the American version of the BBC hit series of the same name.

Tanner has been a stunt driver for films such as The Fast and the Furious Tokyo Drift, Iron Man 2, and The Dukes of Hazzard. He is a prominent competitor in Formula D, being the 2007 and 2008 Formula D champion and is an accomplished rally racer. Foust is the first driver in Formula D history to win back-to-back series championships. Tanner competed in X Games XIII where he won the gold in the rally racing event. He also participated in Rally America in 2009. In 2010 at X Games XVI he got gold in Rally Car Racing and Rally Car Super Rally, driving the Rockstar Energy Ford Fiesta. He also competed in the European Rallycross Championships for Drivers, becoming the first American to do so. After leaving the drifting scene in favour of Rallycross in 2011 he is a regular ERC competitor, taking part in all 10 rounds of the FIA recognised series.
[edit] Achievements

2005 Rally America PGT Champion [Flatirons Tuning 429 WRX].
2006 Summer X Games Rally Third fastest time in the Stadium Super Special.
2006 Rally America PGT Class Championship Second place overall [Flatirons Tuning 429 WRX].
2006 Formula Drift Championship third place overall [McKinney Nissan Silvia]
2007 Rally America Series Fourth Place (with 6 podium placements)
2007 Formula Drift Pro Drift Champion [Rockstar-AEM 350z]
2007 X Games Rally Gold Medalist [Rockstar Subaru STI]
2008 X Games Rally Silver Medalist [Rockstar Subaru STI]
2008 Race of Champions Competitor
2008 Formula Drift Pro Drift Champion [Rockstar-AEM 350z]
2009 Formula Drift Sixth Place (with 3 podium placements) [Rockstar-Scion Scion TC]
2009 Race of Champions Competitor
2010 Formula Drift Silver Medalist [Rockstar-Scion Scion TC]
2010 X Games Super Rally Gold Medalist [Rockstar-Etnies Ford Fiesta]
2010 X Games Rally Gold Medalist [Rockstar-Etnies Ford Fiesta]
2010 Race of Champions Competitor
2010 Gymkhana Grid Gold Medalist AWD Division [Rockstar-Etnies Ford Fiesta]
2011 World Record for Longest Jump in a four-wheeled vehicle (332 feet)
2011 World Indoor Speed Record (87 MPH in Rockstar-Etnies Ford Fiesta Rallycross Car)

[edit] TV & film
Tanner Foust for Team Hot Wheels jumping across the Indianapolis Motor Speedway's infield at the fourth turn.

The Dukes of Hazzard (2005) stunts
Rally America (2005–2007) as Himself
Formula D (2005–2007) as Himself
Auto Access (2005–2007) Host
Import Racers: "Bull Run" (2006) as Himself
CSI: Miami: "Driven" (2006) stunt driver
Fast & Furious: Tokyo Drift (2006) stunt driver
Master of Champions: "Premiere" (2006) Contestant
RM Classic Car Auction (2007) Host
Redline TV (2007) Host
Dirt: "Ita Missa Est" (2007) stunt double
The Bourne Ultimatum (2007) stunt performer
Numb3rs: "Velocity" (2007) stunt driver
Top Gear (NBC) (2008) Host
Mad Skills: Rhys Millen Is the Kiwi Drifter (2008) as Himself
SuperCars Exposed (2008–2009) Host
Fast & Furious (2009) stunt double
Street Customs: "GTO" (2009) as Himself
Battle of the Supercars (2010) as Himself
Iron Man 2 (2010) stunt double
Top Gear (U.S.) (2010—) Host
Hot Wheels: Fearless at the 500 (2011) as Himself
Red Dawn (2011) stunt double

Hey just curious how do you become a stunt driver anyway, just start racing when your young :dunno:

viper GTS-R

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Of course the ZR1 is better for Rutledge, that car features big gulp cupholders for his hipster ***. :)

YAWN, moving on, Top gear UK is better and I LOVE WHEELER DEALERS. Nice little show to watch when I get home from work.

--RS

killerviper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Top Gear USA is a poor attempt at a clone. At least use another title for the show, it MIGHT be better viewed as its own show. but no, fail

mendler23

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My issue with the show is that it is all challenges with ZERO attempts at a legitimate car review. Even when they have challenges that use new cars (a rarity), they add stupid tasks during the races that make it impossible to actually demonstrate which car is the best. Also, I can feel the awkwardness of the interviews while sitting on my own couch.

v10enomous

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's still on my DVR but I haven't been able to get through a full episode without turning it off. Last night was supposedly their 25th show. I got about ten minutes in before deleting it. Even the opening *****. "The Expert" "The Wrecker" "The Driver" :crazy2: It keeps getting progressively worse.:crazy2:

Nitro187

Viper Owner
Reaction score
It's still on my DVR but I haven't been able to get through a full episode without turning it off. Last night was supposedly their 25th show. I got about ten minutes in before deleting it. Even the opening *****. "The Expert" "The Wrecker" "The Driver" :crazy2: It keeps getting progressively worse.:crazy2:

If it's still on your DVR, upload it to Youtube or something... I'd love to see the part where he says the Viper isn't a real car.... He probably should have finished, and said "It's a legend"....

Nine Ball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The show *****. I watched the first 5 episodes and gave up on it. The only cast member worth keeping is Tanner. The other two simply do not fit. I'd rather see real car guys on the show.

FastZilla

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So after reading this post I was curious what the lap times for the show were (TG USA) while serching I found this comment on "Corvette Blogger" regarding the ZR1 failing to beat the ACR.

"The Corvette ZR1 that was tested was a 2011 model year Corvette that is missing some of the options that are found on the 2012 version, namely the ultimate performance package which features a more aggressive transmission and the Michelin Pilot Sport Cup tires. Give the Stig USA a 2012 Corvette ZR1 and I can see the Chevy easily blowing past the top time set by the Viper ACR. "

Kind of funny the argument is: If they use a car 4 years newer than the ACR we might beat it.....maybe....we hope.....please.....

costanZo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've actually never watched a complete episode of the USA version. Besides, why would I when I can just watch the original Top Gear on BBC instead. :smirk:

However, has anyone ever seen the episode where they matched up a red SRT Viper against a silver Z4? I remember Clarkson raving about the power of the Viper, but at the same time also mentioning how the Viper's "gearbox is garbage"(or was that James May who said it?). Unfortunately, in the end they showed the Viper just barely beating the Z4 on the road course. That was the only Top Gear episode I've ever seen where they raced a Viper.

FastZilla

Enthusiast
Reaction score
..... I remember Clarkson raving about the power of the Viper, but at the same time also mentioning how the Viper's "gearbox is garbage"(or was that James May who said it?). Unfortunately, in the end they showed the Viper just barely beating the Z4 on the road course. That was the only Top Gear episode I've ever seen where they raced a Viper.

The BBC guys have nothing good to say about any American car, period. They compare them to cars twice the price or more then dog the American engineers for not pulling 150hp+/L out of the engines. Make references to American history and winning wars (maybe I'm the only one finding the irony in that).... The American cars have too much power.....we can't handle a car without a computer, we cannot accept defeat.....Just because it's an awesome car for a great price it's still junk.

I have 2 British cars & they are fragile and always broke. When they are running they are a dream to drive - smooth, refined, very gentleman like in that "I'll have my guards dispatch you if you anoy me" sort of way. The American cars are much more "I will personally rip your head off and poop down your neck". It's also nice not flinching everytime I hit the start button, dump the clutch at a light, perform a quick shift under power, etc. in the Viper.

But it's a UK show - what boggles my mind is they even dog the Vette, that's as close to a Euro car as the US gets.....maybe if Chevy engineered in some reliability issues they would accept it.

I watch it for entertainment from time to time and accept they will always trip on their egos and favor any nationality of car over an American one, even a German car...

01viper4me

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Top Gear USA needs to have Tanner, Matt Farah, and Jay Leno. I have no idea why Adam and Rut are on the show. What are their qualifications? I would say that the episode when they dumped manure into the miata did have me laughing significantly.

Makara

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The BBC guys have nothing good to say about any American car, period. They compare them to cars twice the price or more then dog the American engineers for not pulling 150hp+/L out of the engines. Make references to American history and winning wars (maybe I'm the only one finding the irony in that).... The American cars have too much power.....we can't handle a car without a computer, we cannot accept defeat.....Just because it's an awesome car for a great price it's still junk.

I have 2 British cars & they are fragile and always broke. When they are running they are a dream to drive - smooth, refined, very gentleman like in that "I'll have my guards dispatch you if you anoy me" sort of way. The American cars are much more "I will personally rip your head off and poop down your neck". It's also nice not flinching everytime I hit the start button, dump the clutch at a light, perform a quick shift under power, etc. in the Viper.

But it's a UK show - what boggles my mind is they even dog the Vette, that's as close to a Euro car as the US gets.....maybe if Chevy engineered in some reliability issues they would accept it.

I watch it for entertainment from time to time and accept they will always trip on their egos and favor any nationality of car over an American one, even a German car...

Clarkson loves the viper. He drove one away from his wedding. He points out the silly things with it, which it does have, but he also praises it for what it is. If you think the viper is faultless, well, lol ...ok...

v10enomous

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can't you just picture Tanner, Rutledge a Ferrara watching each episodes before it airs trying to convince each other that it's good:rolleyes:

FastZilla

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Clarkson loves the viper. He drove one away from his wedding. He points out the silly things with it, which it does have, but he also praises it for what it is. If you think the viper is faultless, well, lol ...ok...

Plenty of faults with the Viper - that I know (have one of the oldest and one of the newest). I do think those guys sling a bunch of mud considering the English offerings. I have 2 different "flagships" of UK supercars, they too are not without fault, albeit much more expensive faults. I appreciate objective reporting however the digs against the US get old and annoying. There has been and always will be an underlying rivalry between the UK and US, the references to pieces is history are those digs. Listen to them in the reviews of US cars...public figures eventually always use the camera to voice their political views, Clarkson is no different.

I have very thick skin and take no offense to any comment - I too like to voice my political opinions in public :D After all everyone's wrong but me :rolleyes:

v10enomous

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Does any American actually take a Brit serious when they are mocking America:dunno: It's all so Sour Grapes and rather amusing:rolaugh:

costanZo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The BBC guys have nothing good to say about any American car, period.

I see them from time to time saying good things about American cars. Especially an episode they had, where they flew over to San Francisco I believe and test drove 3 American Muscle/Sports cars. The ZR1, Challenger and CTS V Sedan. Although the Cadillac and Challenger are very nice cars, I do not know why they would choose those to compare with a ZR1 and not even have a Viper. That was very disappointing. :(

Makara

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Plenty of faults with the Viper - that I know (have one of the oldest and one of the newest). I do think those guys sling a bunch of mud considering the English offerings. I have 2 different "flagships" of UK supercars, they too are not without fault, albeit much more expensive faults. I appreciate objective reporting however the digs against the US get old and annoying. There has been and always will be an underlying rivalry between the UK and US, the references to pieces is history are those digs. Listen to them in the reviews of US cars...public figures eventually always use the camera to voice their political views, Clarkson is no different.

I have very thick skin and take no offense to any comment - I too like to voice my political opinions in public :D After all everyone's wrong but me :rolleyes:

They make fun of everything, including anything made in the UK. Actually, they go out of their way to make fun of cars made in the UK, then profess their love of anything British. It's funny, you just can't take it too seriously. Hammond gets a little nutty and turns into a little kid every time he gets around a muscle car. Clarkson goes crazy around anything that can do a burnout, which is often an American car. They don't hate American cars, they just dog them as much as anything else. I wonder if Germans got mad because Clarkson said that the GPS in a mercedes would only direct the driver to Poland. lol

FastZilla

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I seem to have more patriotism running thru my viens than may be healthy in a global economy.....I remember the C300 SRT8 review, they compaired it to an M5. I guess it's the closest comparison at the time, however given the price point I have never considered those cars in the same class, maybe the 535.... I realize it's TV and "their" show, they can say what they want. I could never do their job, like the US TG guys, too much bias, that's why I have no pasta in my garage. However the 8C is one of the most stunning cars I've ever seen.

I'm just a confused little boy :lmao:

AviP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Never liked any of these shows. They never seemed objective. I must have watched all of 1 of each show.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang