New Bend Pak lift installed

georgethedog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I recently had a new Bend Pak lift installed. I did quite a bit of research and found the Bend Pak to be a good combination of quality and price. I bought the HD-9 model if you look on their website. I bought it through Workshop Depot (check their website) and dealed directly with the owner Dave Shedlock. As you guys know, I ask a lot of questions. Dave answered them all in a timely manner. I like the redundant safety features of the Bend Pak, the overall design, and what appears to be a very sturdy lift. If anyone is interested in more information, send me a PM and I can give more details.

OP
OP
G

georgethedog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good question. It is made by Bend Pak in a newly built Bend Pak only factory, and designed by American engineers at Bend Pak and built to their specs in China by Bend Pak Chinese employees. It is not a Chinese lift made in a random Chinese factory with an American company label affixed to it. I relate it to Caterpillar that makes tractors in my town and in also in China in their own Caterpillar factory and engineered and built to the specs of Caterpillar's engineers but with Chinese employees.

Camfab

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Unfortunately it seems even the lifts that were USA made have gone Chinese. Though I understand your point about Bend pak specs and engineering, it is another sad check mark in the rapid decline of this country. How long will it be before we use this argument for Chinese made Vipers or Corvettes.

I'm sure it's a well built lift and your decision seems sound, just bumming out about our country.......sorry.

JohnnyViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
correct most if not all USA lifts are made overseas now.....let just hope they are watching the heck out of the quality from the asian factories

OP
OP
G

georgethedog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Pretty much all lifts (except maybe the Backyard Buddy, which has a hard time on uneven floors like mine) are made overseas. It is unfortunate. I was as careful as I could be trying to make sure it was an American company making the lift in their company owned plant. I may have been able to research more and find one made in the USA, but from what I saw that does not happen at least for "home use" type lifts. I think the more industrial type lifts are made here... but I am not sure about that.

Camfab

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Pretty much all lifts (except maybe the Backyard Buddy, which has a hard time on uneven floors like mine) are made overseas. It is unfortunate. I was as careful as I could be trying to make sure it was an American company making the lift in their company owned plant. I may have been able to research more and find one made in the USA, but from what I saw that does not happen at least for "home use" type lifts. I think the more industrial type lifts are made here... but I am not sure about that.

George I think you pretty much summed it up, enjoy your lift, it really makes working on and cleaning the chassis a breeze.

Matt M PA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's true...even some of the big names in lift commercially farm out their "hobby" lifts to overseas.

With the BendPAk, the electrical-hydaulic unit is made here. Plus, it's ALI certified...the made is USA Backyard Buddy isn't.

jmasin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats on the lift.

I guess you still have to use a jack/stands for wheel/brake/suspension work?

Matt M PA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The pro type Rotarys are made here, USA.

The "Revolution" Rotary hobbyist type lifts sold against the Bend Pak HD9 (and similar) are made in China.

In my opinion, the big deal with 4 posts is the ALI certification.

OP
OP
G

georgethedog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My tool guy buddy says Rotary still makes most lifts here.

The Rotary Revolution (made for home use similar to mine) is made in China. I had a Rotary sales rep at my house and that is what he told me. The regular Rotary lifts like they sell to dealerhips/auto shops are made in USA, but the Revolution is not. I will post some pics and the dimensions of my garage tomorrow if I get a chance. Thanks for the comments guys.

emaw

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Rotary Revolution (made for home use similar to mine) is made in China. I had a Rotary sales rep at my house and that is what he told me. The regular Rotary lifts like they sell to dealerhips/auto shops are made in USA, but the Revolution is not. I will post some pics and the dimensions of my garage tomorrow if I get a chance. Thanks for the comments guys.

I would like to see some pics and dimensions if you get a chance. This is something I have been contemplating as well.

FLATOUT

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I came to the same conclusion when purchasing my direct lift Pro10D. I decided to just buy a larger higher lift capacity lift for piece of mind and I absolutely love it! The Viper feels like a feather to that lift.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960