New Customer Build: 1997 Viper GTS 523 RWHP

Reaction score
1997 Viper GTS 523 RWHP

You must be registered for see images attach

Something we did for a local customer,

97 GTS Viper came in with a blown headgasket.

Left with: GG heads, Belanger headers, High flow cats, Muffler Delete, Gen III Stock rocker arms, Our upgraded coil packs, 8.5mm wires, smooth tubes, and a 170 thermostat.

The gains ended pretty nice , ended up 527rwhp 564 trq

Greg does some fabulous work!

We also offer some hydrographic services that my wife does, so while he was here he chose to upgrade to snakeskin.

Enjoy the pics and thanks

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_profilepage&v=lcxERaYSw5s

Attachments

• IMG_2425.jpg
    IMG_2425.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 215
  • IMG_2428.jpg
    IMG_2428.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 151
  • 100_2848.jpg
    100_2848.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 174
  • IMG_1457.jpg
    IMG_1457.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 132
  • 100_2836.jpg
    100_2836.jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 128
Last edited:

Sainthitch

Viper Owner
Reaction score
good work and your wife did an awesome job! how does that hold up to the heat that our engines get up to?

I have to pull the heads off mine over the winter...i would be curious about the cost to have your wife do the same thing to mine.

Viper Grenade

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Still running an untuned ECU? I did similar numbers with the same mods with zero tuning.

OP
OP
J
Reaction score
good work and your wife did an awesome job! how does that hold up to the heat that our engines get up to?

I have to pull the heads off mine over the winter...i would be curious about the cost to have your wife do the same thing to mine.

it seems to hold up very well sir, we have done a ton of gen III's lately, if you like we could post up a couple pics?

but yessir the graphics to me is a bit different with the snakeskin, but man it sure has been popular

OP
OP
J
Reaction score
Still running an untuned ECU? I did similar numbers with the same mods with zero tuning.

we actually only use Torrie from unleashed tuning for all of our tuning sir, and it was tuned with an SCT tuner,

I have Torrie leave alot on the table so to speak as this car the customer does alot of track days,and I try to really learn

my customers, and I pretty much figured he would really be ******* the car, and sure enough the next day he was at the

charlotte motor speedway hitting the track LOL, but yessir we tuned this one with the SCT tuner

OP
OP
J
Reaction score
Its a quick cheap upgrade sir , if you have a set of III's laying around, but you have to be sure to check the scrub area on the tip of the valve where the rocker arm rests,

but the aftermarkets are a better upgrade , it changes the rocker arm ratio from the gen II 1.6 to a 1.7 giving you a touch more lift on the cam .

I have to get ahold of the guys at td rockers today, they sent me a message saying they had a new rocker for the gen III's , so I need to find out more info on what they have.

Sainthitch

Viper Owner
Reaction score
it seems to hold up very well sir, we have done a ton of gen III's lately, if you like we could post up a couple pics?

but yessir the graphics to me is a bit different with the snakeskin, but man it sure has been popular

Ya I am definitely interested. I have a Gen I but very similar if not identical in nature. my assumption is that you could pretty much do any graphic? i am thinking more along the lines of a red or black carbon fiber look...with some personalized touches.

OP
OP
J
Reaction score
Ya I am definitely interested. I have a Gen I but very similar if not identical in nature. my assumption is that you could pretty much do any graphic? i am thinking more along the lines of a red or black carbon fiber look...with some personalized touches.
yessir , we can do about any combo you would like, I will shoot you a message with her info sir

Attachments

• 100_2517.jpg
    100_2517.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 101
  • IMG_0464.jpg
    IMG_0464.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 99
  • IMG_0575.jpg
    IMG_0575.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 111
  • IMG_0707.jpg
    IMG_0707.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 90
  • IMG_1609.jpg
    IMG_1609.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 76

FastMatt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
good power numbers for the stock cam, I'm sure he car drives like a stock car only allot faster. Did you shave the heads/use gen 3-4 HG's to get the CR up?

OP
OP
J
Reaction score
good power numbers for the stock cam, I'm sure he car drives like a stock car only allot faster. Did you shave the heads/use gen 3-4 HG's to get the CR up?

LOL that he does for sure, he has been having a blast in it, actually he jsut brought it back for us to install a clutch and aluminum flywheel, but we let greg work his magic on the heads and used a cometic 27 tho gasket sir

CSXT802

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Did the heads from GG have conical (bee hive) springs? I have stock gen 3 rockers and tried bolting on one pair. I removed them when i realized the rocker arm hit the stock gen 2 valve spring retainer. I got in touch with GG back in May, he offered to put together some springs retainers etc and ship them to me so i could use the rockers. Well that never happened. So do you know what springs retainers etc I would need to make these rockers work?

Jack B

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Did the heads from GG have conical (bee hive) springs? I have stock gen 3 rockers and tried bolting on one pair. I removed them when i realized the rocker arm hit the stock gen 2 valve spring retainer. I got in touch with GG back in May, he offered to put together some springs retainers etc and ship them to me so i could use the rockers. Well that never happened. So do you know what springs retainers etc I would need to make these rockers work?

I have the beehive springs on my Jeff Mory reworked heads, this is with T&D's. I do know the keepers/retainers required some work.

OP
OP
J
Reaction score

it was not the beehive style sir, but we did have to fabricate spacers to raise up the gen III rockers, if not mistaken we ended up spacing them up about 125 thou sir

OP
OP
J
Reaction score
What kind of turn around time are we talking on the valve covers?

a couple weeks usually, especially right at the moment , she is slammed with a ton of christmas orders, but if its Gen III we keep quite a few sets of covers in stock and can swap out, at the moment tho I have no Gen I or II cores , so you would have to send yours in to have done.