New Dyno #'s and Track Times

VNMOUS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
New Dyno #\'s and Track Times

I finally got to dyno the car for the first time. I live in small town in GA and I always thought the closest dyno was about 100 miles from here. It turns out that there is a very well respected corvette tuner right here in BFE that has a really nice shop and in ground dyno right in his back yard (Aaron Scott and Jim Smith if there are any corvette guys here). Anyway, here are the numbers on my 2003 Viper SRT-10. These numbers are after the valve recall; unfortunately, I do not have any previous numbers for comparison. Tom Sessions did a fantastic job on my car. The car looked factory fresh when he returned it.

Absolute Barometric Pressure 30.11
Vapor Pressure 0.31
Intake Air Temperature 65.1

STD Max Power = 434.7
STD Max Torque = 473.7

As a side note, there was a guy in the shop from Tampa, FL with a 90 ZR-1. They were in the final stages of tuning on the dyno and made history from what I understand. They tuned the first ever N/A ZR-1 to make over 600 RWHP (602.1 was the best reading). I had a great time hanging out with these guys.

I also had the pleasure of attending the Southeastern Zone Rendezvous in Commerce, GA a few months back. I was able to take my first ever legitimate pass down a dragstrip and I was very happy with the results. The track was very slick according to the locals and it was a pretty muggy evening. I was the fastest of a handfull of SRT's and pretty much the fastest of all of the stock vipers (there were several RT/10's and GTS's there). The one "stock" car that beat my time was a ?94? RT/10 that had some "bolt-ons", so in reality I was the fastest "bone stock" viper there. The numbers are as follows:

60 ft = 2.114
ET = 12.531
MPH = 118.38

I really had a blast at the VCA meet and just can't tell you guys how much I love this car. There are not many things better than finally owning your dream car. I've seen a lot of comments on the boards about how people feel about the SRT's, and to each his own. For me, it doesn't get any better than my SRT-10. Please no flames or derrogatory comments about the corvette information I posted. I can appreciate almost anything that is fast.

Snakester

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: New Dyno #\'s and Track Times

Good run for your first time!
With some launching practice (and decent track prep) you will probably be able to shave couple tenths off of your 60 foot time, which will drop your 1/4 mile time to low 12s or maybe even high 11s. :2tu:

Enjoy,
-Dean.

Cobra4B

Enthusiast
Reaction score

nice dyno numbers, but that MPH doesn't back up that much rwhp. Were yo spinning all the day down the track?

OP
OP
V

VNMOUS

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Cobra4B,

Yes, I was spinning horribly. I am a novice at the track; all I really did was just press the gas as hard as I could and steer. I realize I need to work on my technique, that will come with time as I now have the itch. The guys that watched my runs said it looked like I was far to easy on the transmission too. Apparently there are a lot of aspects to my driving that could be improved. As far as the MPH backing up that much MPH, I am confused. What should my MPH have been with that RWHP? The only explanation I have is that the track is real and RWHP is calculated.

OP
OP
V

VNMOUS

Viper Owner
Reaction score

I looked up the formula for calculating horsepower by way of MPH at the track and it is as follows:

RWHP = Weight x (Speed / 234)3

If I plug my numbers into this formula I come up with 434.65 RWHP. That is pretty much balls on accurate with what I got on the dyno.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960