New dyno #s

BOTTLEFED

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm sure you guys are sick of me posting my dyno results. It seems like I'm on a dyno every other month :rolaugh:

I went over to Boise for a car club meet. I wasn't planning on dynoing because I wasn't sure how my tune would be at their lower elevation (2200ft vs 4500ft), and I wasn't sure how cold it would be (my car runs leaner below freezing).
But the weather was a perfect 45-50° and the car was running better than ever; not to mention everyone begging to see it run :)

I did 2 pulls.
This is the first. It had the higher #s even though my tires were cold and I spun a little on the rollers. I got a little heat soaked and my second run was about 6hp less, so we called it good, and I was happy with my #s.

Here is the sheet.
You must be registered for see images attach

My AFRs were perfect and the owner of the dyno said it was tuned better than he has seen any car in a long time.
He asked who does my tuning; I said "its all me!" :D

The dynojet #s are always a little higher of course, but this one has all new software and is dialed in great from what all the club guys said. I'm just happy to see how well it ran there in Boise, compared to here.

oh and for those of you on facebook, you can see a vid here:
Login | Facebook

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
aint nothing wrong with that number and 6hp loss is fine i bet. as long as its running good, congrats

OP
OP
B

BOTTLEFED

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You really pull it to 6400RPM???
no, the rpm reading was about 300 high
you can see where I started on the graph says 2300rpm and I actually started at 2000rpm
I let off right at 6000rpm (according to my tach and VEC logs)

thanks guys,
I'm really comfortable tuning the Roe now, but I'm thinking of going to the SCT. I want to be able to control more parameters, and not just "trick" the stock PCM. This seems like the way Sean is going too.

OP
OP
B

BOTTLEFED

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here are a few pics from two of the photogs that were there. He's a great guy with lots of skill (Zenfolio | J.Wolfe Productions).
There is also one from the photog that took the pics from my magazine article(Chris Wold Photography | Automotive | Track & Event Coverage | Spooled Productions | Idaho).

'Trust'

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Those wheels look much better than I thought they would, I'll need to get them for my b&w instead of these CCW's.

How much do you have in the setup?

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Holy crap, that car looks great!!! :2tu: Chrome 10 spokes? Since you are known as "Bottlefed", where are the NOS numbers.................... :D

I got mine listed in my Sig.................:2tu:

OP
OP
B

BOTTLEFED

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Holy crap, that car looks great!!! :2tu: Chrome 10 spokes? Since you are known as "Bottlefed", where are the NOS numbers.................... :D

I got mine listed in my Sig.................:2tu:
gotta build the motor for it first
still gathering parts

and trust, I have not a clue what I have in it, I just spend as needed :drive:

jcaspar1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Do you think your HP numbers are accurate? Given the HP is calculated from the Torque x rpm/5250 it seems if your RPM is actually lower, your HP is really lower.

Example: in your dyno you have 555 Tq at 6000 rpm giving about 634 HP
if the actual rpm was 5700, it would really be 602 HP

If this run is higher than previous ones that could be why.
Just curious....

no, the rpm reading was about 300 high
you can see where I started on the graph says 2300rpm and I actually started at 2000rpm
I let off right at 6000rpm (according to my tach and VEC logs)

thanks guys,
I'm really comfortable tuning the Roe now, but I'm thinking of going to the SCT. I want to be able to control more parameters, and not just "trick" the stock PCM. This seems like the way Sean is going too.

OP
OP
B

BOTTLEFED

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Do you think your HP numbers are accurate? Given the HP is calculated from the Torque x rpm/5250 it seems if your RPM is actually lower, your HP is really lower.

Example: in your dyno you have 555 Tq at 6000 rpm giving about 634 HP
if the actual rpm was 5700, it would really be 602 HP

If this run is higher than previous ones that could be why.
Just curious....
good point
I can't really say for sure
they hooked up the ign. pickup on the #1 plug wire (I helped hook up the wires), so I'm not sure why it was off.

treesnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow.. Nice job Tim. Nice numbers.

BTW... It's obvious you don't spend all your time under the hood. You take care of the outside too

Your car LOOKS GREAT ....:2tu:

Last edited:
OP
OP
B

BOTTLEFED

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, with the spring comes more dyno competitions so I went out and played with my tune some more. As you can see from this thread, I hit 635 earlier this year and wanted to hit 650. So a little more tweaking on the timing curve and advance, and a little more fuel from the BAP, and here are the results.

661hp, 683tq

I'm thinking there hasn't been too many guys hit this on only 6.5# pulley. My mods are in my sig.

I backed off the timing for my street tune. The timing for this dyno pull was a little scary for everyday use, but I ran around with it all week with no knock or heat issues. It has only been in the 50s all week here though.

I'd like to know what others have hit on the 6.5# pulley too.
It seems I just keep squeaking out more and more power out of this setup :D

OP
OP
B

BOTTLEFED

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Holy Moly, that is one strong engine.......
haha, I like how you are subtly taking credit for this Mike ;)
...since you sold me this motor with cast pistons in it :rolaugh:
But it has held up to a lot of abuse. I learned a lot from my previous experience. This motor will get torn down soon for a rebuild. Its just so hard to tear into it when its running so well.

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
haha, I like how you are subtly taking credit for this Mike ;)
...since you sold me this motor with cast pistons in it :rolaugh:
But it has held up to a lot of abuse. I learned a lot from my previous experience. This motor will get torn down soon for a rebuild. Its just so hard to tear into it when its running so well.

I am in the same boat. I can't bring myelf to tear out my good motor, even though I have one ready to go. I will wait until the old engine goes "bu-bye" and force me into that situation......................:omg:

:D