New floor mats for my 98 RT/10 (pics)

GTSHolgi

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I just received my new floor mats that I ordered at autoanything.com. I went for Lloyd's Ultimats with the logos in silver. I think that will match perfectly my silver '98 RT/10 ;) I have not yet installed them but I am sure they will look awesome in the car :cool:

As for the quality, these mats seem to be very, very NICE, especially the embroidery is absolutely perfect :2tu: I have read some comments here in the forum in some older threads from people who did not like the Lloyd mats very much, maybe they were refering to another line of mats (Lloyd is actually offering different lines at different prices). The Ultimats, however, are top-notch and by far superior to the stock mats IMHO. And if these are still not good enough you can pick Lloyd's Luxury mats, which are even better supposedly.

As you can see, they also came with a Lloyd mat cleaner :)

Holger

You must be registered for see images

mattdillon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Holger, your avatar has GTS but you got these for your RT/10, what's up with that (or do you have Both)! Anyway, those are Top Quality Mats there, don't let nobody tell you they're Not! Shoot a few pics after you put em' in!

2000_Black_RT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm interested, but why are there grommet holes, did they provide some clips that can attach to the floor / carpet? That would be great if they did.

Cheers,
Mike

OP
OP
G

GTSHolgi

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Holger, your avatar has GTS but you got these for your RT/10, what's up with that (or do you have Both)! Anyway, those are Top Quality Mats there, don't let nobody tell you they're Not! Shoot a few pics after you put em' in!

Matt, unfortunately, I don't have both :( (I wish I would, maybe one day....).

When I signed up at the VCA forum I was still on the hunt for my first Viper and I was always looking for a GTS. However, sometimes things turn out differently than intitially thought :smirk: so when I went to see the '98 silver RT/10 at a dealer here in Germany in person (which I did basically just to gain more experience in personally inspecting Vipers and applying the knowledge I got from reading many, many VCA threads :2tu: :usa:) it was love at first sight :heart:

Since I am not aware of a way to alter the avatar, it still says GTS...

I will definitively make some pics of the mats installed, currently weather is not so nice but I think latest on the weekend, I will do so.

Holger

OP
OP
G

GTSHolgi

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I'm interested, but why are there grommet holes, did they provide some clips that can attach to the floor / carpet? That would be great if they did.

Cheers,
Mike

Mike, yes, the mats come with clips. I forgot to mention that. Will make a pic of them so you can have a look. However, I don't plan to install them since it seems that you have to somehow cut/drill into the carpet, which I don't want. At the moment, I assume that it won't be necessary to fix them. They are quite heavy and have a rubber backside so I believe that they will "stick" quite well without the clips. I will report back on this :)

Holger

02ViperTodd

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You don't have to use the clips. The mats will fit VERY snug in the footwell. I'm waiting on my second set to arrive tomorrow. The first set I had were gray and lasted 9 years. Georgia red clay finally did them in. I went with the slate gray this time. Great Mats!!

Todd

chambers

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey GTSHolgi I just received my Lloyd mats yesterday. They are black with Red embroidery. They are far better than the factory ones. They provided me with the claps too but I am not drilling any holes in my floor.

Sybil TF

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Cheers,
Mike

Yes, but mine came with screws. It appears you have to drill holes in the floor. They stay in place and don't move without the clips. No way I am drilling holes in the floor! I got the black mats with the Blue snake/ viper logo because mine is a B/W gts.

OP
OP
G

GTSHolgi

Viper Owner
Reaction score
As promised, here's now a shot of the clips. I really hope, that they are not necessary, they look scary :omg:

Holger

PS: Mats still not installed :doh2:

2000_Black_RT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thank you Holger, that is what I was hoping for, those are just plastic and just thread into the carpet material, my worry was that they had sheetmetal screws that went into floor under the carpet.

I'll try them without the clips to see if the drivers side slides forward when I get into the car, that's usually when they move around because it's awkward getting into the car.

I'll be ordering a set, thanks again for taking the time to post pics and info.
Mike

Luisv

Enthusiast
Reaction score
These are awesome! I bought a set for the GTS and they are awesome! I use those only for special days.... Car shows, nice drives, etc.

I also bought a set of the "all weather" rubber mats they have. They fit very tightly and are also awesome. Those are the ones I use for cruises ect where weather/mud/wet feet may be tracked into the car.

These Lloyd are awesome.

OP
OP
G

GTSHolgi

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I finally managed to install my new mats. They really fit very well and tight. However, they seem to be a bit too long as they overlap a little bit with the seat rail. This will also make it difficult to use the clips (if you really want). On the other hand, the clips are really not needed, the mats just don't move! I am still impressed by these mats and would buy them again and again. :2tu:

Holger

mattdillon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
They look Great in the car Holgi, I use some of the cheap clear (short ones from wal-mart) to go over them for everyday use, just to keep them clean & fresh! jmo

OP
OP
G

GTSHolgi

Viper Owner
Reaction score
They look Great in the car Holgi, I use some of the cheap clear (short ones from wal-mart) to go over them for everyday use, just to keep them clean & fresh! jmo

Yeah, I also thought about how to protect the logos because it kind of hurts myself, "kicking" Sneaky Pete all the time :)

But since the car is anyway my "Sunday Driver" and only driven in nice weather (of course, no muddy shoes allowed :nono:) I did not do anything else than hoping that Lloyd is still around when I need a new pair :cool:

Holger