New Gen 1 Top!!!

got one

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, I finally ordered one of Jeff's one peice hard top (and windows, which I limo tinted) and what can I say...AWESOME! I was mistaken for a GTS passing a buddy of mine the other day...he said he had to do a double take. I have to say, I love this top and Jeff L. did a fantastic job on the quality. Initial Adjustments were a PITA, but after that...it was a peice of art! Now, if you have a Gen 1, you have to check out this top, it gives the car a awesome look. The three peice is nice, but no lines on this and a tight fit to the sport bar, finished off the car very nicecly.

I still have one small adjustment to do...and Jeff, if you are reading this...the front mounting mechanism...what do the screws go into...some sort of metal bolt in the fiberglass?

I have plenty more pictures if you guys want them...just email me at [email protected]

DSC06492.JPG

DSC06520.JPG

DSC06516.JPG

DSC06502.JPG

simply great! :drive: :headbang:

OP
OP
got one

got one

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is the first car I've seen Jeff's 1 piece top on and it finishes off your car very well!:2tu:

I thought about this for a long time...one peice or three peice. Well, I have stowable top (soft top), but I I don't have a top that gives the car sleek look and can be drive at speeds above 80mph...hence the decision to go with the one peice.

I never drive my car in the rain anyway, so, now I have a stowable top and drive faster with windows on or off top :)

RickViper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Very nice!!! the looks are GREAT, wondering how much its for the entire set, windows and top? My car its a 94 RT

OP
OP
got one

got one

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Very nice!!! the looks are GREAT, wondering how much its for the entire set, windows and top? My car its a 94 RT

PRice...not important ;) Just write the check and you can smile later. the one peice really is a very clean top. worth checking into. Not to mention, it holds on tight as a button at uhem...higher speeds

and with the windows being limo...it really gives the RT a look that is very rare...and in our local area, not seen at all...

OP
OP
got one

got one

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Very nice. I have the 3 piece myself, and Jeff's work is top-notch, as is his customer support. Beautiful job.

Jeff really is top notch. He was very helpful when looking at options for the top as well as helping provide guidance for adjustments and concerns that I might have. If I get an SRT...then he will be the first person I call...well after I call my better half to ask for forgiveness ;)

jasontiff

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Now when you turn on the AC it won't all blow out the seams. Your AC is working, right Ryan................?

HA. Good question. We had a triple-header last week; oil change, AC charge and top installation. Now that it's a little cooler (90˚) in Austin, the AC isn't quite as vital, but still a must.

+1 for what Dave asked...that AC blowin' cold now that Chris worked his magic?

mxmike27

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks great Ryan.
I just recieved my 3 piece top a couple of days ago and in the process of installing it now. I have a red 2000 RT and will consider tinting my windows after seeing yours. I also want a rear spoiler like yours. can you tell me where yours is from and how much?
Thanx, Mike.

jasontiff

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I believe that's a Mopar spoiler. Chuck Tator or Jon B should be able to hunt one down for you. If they're no longer stocked, X-Vipers, Paul Scharf or X2 Builders may have a take-off.

OP
OP
got one

got one

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Now when you turn on the AC it won't all blow out the seams. Your AC is working, right Ryan................?

Yes, Hickman was able to get me setup with go-go-gadget cold AC. It is great! Used it thie weekend. Who knew that cold air would blow out of those litlte vent things in the dash...:dunno:

OP
OP
got one

got one

Enthusiast
Reaction score
HA. Good question. We had a triple-header last week; oil change, AC charge and top installation. Now that it's a little cooler (90˚) in Austin, the AC isn't quite as vital, but still a must.

+1 for what Dave asked...that AC blowin' cold now that Chris worked his magic?

Ya, that was one hell of a night...3 guys, one garage...on a weeknight. Won't be doing that again for a while ;)

Seriously though, Having Jason and Chris over was a blast! Made the whole experience that much better and for me it is always fun (in most circumstances) to work on the car with someone else

OP
OP
got one

got one

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks great Ryan.
I just recieved my 3 piece top a couple of days ago and in the process of installing it now. I have a red 2000 RT and will consider tinting my windows after seeing yours. I also want a rear spoiler like yours. can you tell me where yours is from and how much?
Thanx, Mike.

Yup, as Tiff stated, it is a Mopar wing...and I just confirmed it this weekend through one of the local experts...if not THE local expert, that the wing produces 390 pounds of downforce at 100mph! :headbang: You can find the reprodcutions on ebay most of the time...it is a great looking peice in my opinion.

OP
OP
got one

got one

Enthusiast
Reaction score
that top just made me like the verts!

telling you...it is something else. Vipergal and folks saw it last night in action on the roads. Next time I'll see if I can't get video since most folks said it looked like a totally different car when the angles would shift.