New Gen ll Top Installed

jes4fun

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Steve Dreyer, owner and designer of Autoform Group Holland Michigan installed the first production Gen ll top on my 1998 RT10 this morning just in time for the 2013 Woodward Dream Cruise at suburban Detroit this weekend. I have been working with Steve for about 6 months using my Gen ll as a test car for the Gen ll top along with Jason and his Gen l. I must say the top not only looks beautiful but at high speeds my Viper is whisper quiet! I could not believe the noise ratio between the tops, I can finally have a normal conversation while driving on the highway. The fit and finish is excellent, and the interior of the top is finished perfect. Steve is taking orders so give him a call with questions or just go to his website and place your order. The top, spoiler, and front splitter are a major improvement to the dynamics of the Gen l and Gen ll, almost makes your Viper look like a concept car! Steve's number is 616-392-4909, I'm posting some pictures for your input.

Attachments

• DSCN1881.jpg
    DSCN1881.jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 219
  • DSCN1882.jpg
    DSCN1882.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 173
  • DSCN1901.jpg
    DSCN1901.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 207
  • DSCN1904.jpg
    DSCN1904.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 165
  • DSCN1890.jpg
    DSCN1890.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 208

Zee

Viper Owner
Reaction score
looks pretty good from the front angle...for some reason it still doesn't look right to me looking from the rear angle..

Autoformsteve

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thanks for working with me on this jes4fun...it was really fun to see one of these painted for the first time.
You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

RapidTransit

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks like a bad hair piece just like the OEM top... I'll take my mach 7 1 piece over that!

Autoformsteve

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I respectfully disagree...

Last edited:

sfm79

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think the new top looks awesome. I can't wait till my top arrives for my Gen1

Jmch

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Glad you feel the same way! :eater:
Admittedly it is difficult to impart a sarcastic tone in text form. I wont make negative comments weather I like something or not.. everyone has they're tastes. This project started just because I wanted something different so I took the initiative. If someone likes it they can buy it. If not buy what ya like. As for headroom I am 6'6 and fit with this new top with stock height seats. ...
....yeah I may be slightly defensive but I can be.. just like people can liken it to a hairpiece if they want. We are fortunate to have the choices we have to match our tastes and I wont criticize anyone else's. But I will say jes4fun has great taste in automotive design. :)

don't get me wrong though ZEE I do enjoy our friendly banter ..

Last edited:

Zee

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Admittedly it is difficult to impart a sarcastic tone in text form. I wont make negative comments weather I like something or not.. everyone has they're tastes. This project started just because I wanted something different so I took the initiative. If someone likes it they can buy it. If not buy what ya like. As for headroom I am 6'6 and fit with this new top with stock height seats. ...
....yeah I may be slightly defensive but I can be.. just like people can liken it to a hairpiece if they want. We are fortunate to have the choices we have to match our tastes and I wont criticize anyone else's. But I will say jes4fun has great taste in automotive design. :)

don't get me wrong though ZEE I do enjoy our friendly banter ..

:)
I know you guys worked ******* the top and I am sure many RT owners will appreciate it. Hope the 3 piece design pumps me up more. Until then... Cheers