New Member, With Pictures!

jckrieger

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just recently jointed the VCA, as I purchased my first Viper just a couple weeks ago. I live in Hanna City, IL, and plan to take the car to numerous auto-x and road course events. I have a lot of experience driving FWD cars, such as my 86 Omni GLHS and my 87 Shadow CSX. I purchased an extra set of GTS wheels with a set of Kumho V710's. I'm just waiting for some warmer weather now!

Pictures below:

You must be registered for see images attach

SmoknTires

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just the guy we like to see! I think you'll fit in nicely (we love the smell of rubber in the air...).

Glad to have you abaord. Sent you an email.

First meeting is April 6th at Fuddrucker's in Schaumburg. We average 100+ people at our meetings alone. We plan to have a good time. If you can make it, please do. Our website is Home Page - Viper Club of America - Illinois Region.

Let's plan on a fun year. And yes, racing will be a good part of it!

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
SILVER BULLET

That'll Kill Some Cones! But maybe not as quickly as the well-sorted GLHS ?

Welcome, and good luck...

georgethedog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What year is your GTS? I sold my 98 Silver GTS a couple years ago. I live just across the river from you. We have a small group of about 5-7 guys in Central IL that take our Vipers out on a weekend day cruise and find a resturant and have lunch and then drive back. We have the following Vipers (approx) Gen 3 Silver SRT-10, Gen 3 Red SRT-10, Gen 1 Black RT-10, Gen 3 Silver Prefix heavily modded/supercharged SRT-10, Gen 2 red GTS supercharged, Gen 2 red RT-10, and one I am fogetting... Anyway, a great group of guys with lots of knowledge and stories. PM me if interested in some cruising this summer. :drive:

georgethedog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Maybe I can get some pictures of your GTS someday. I only had mine a few months and never took one picture. :mad: You can see in my Avatar the three I have had. I would really like to get a silver GTS in my driveway to take a few similar shots and complete the set. :) Do you know Tony Sherlock out your way? He has a nice C5 Vette and we cruise sometimes.

OP
OP
J

jckrieger

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You're definitely welcome to take some pictures of the GTS in your driveway... The carfax shows the car was purchased from a dealer in Chicagoland. I purchased the car from Danny Balon in the Loiuisville Ky area. The car is a 98. Only thing is the previous owner tinted the windows, so it won't be *exactly* your old car :)

Let me know when you'll be up for a cruise. I'll be ready as soon as Kumho ships their next batch of 335 35 17's

OP
OP
J

jckrieger

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats on the purchase! As a new Viper owner - do yourself a favor and read this post, Keeping new Viper owners SAFE - a How To:

http://forums.viperclub.org/general-viper-discussion/630445-keeping-new-viper-owners-safe-how.html

I've definitely read all the horror stories... The only power sliding I plan on doing is on the tarmac of an airport or in a parking lot at an auto-x event. Spinning the tires in 4th gear in a FWD car is one thing, but doing it at 60mph in a RWD car is another.

georgethedog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You're definitely welcome to take some pictures of the GTS in your driveway... The carfax shows the car was purchased from a dealer in Chicagoland. I purchased the car from Danny Balon in the Loiuisville Ky area. The car is a 98. Only thing is the previous owner tinted the windows, so it won't be *exactly* your old car :)

Let me know when you'll be up for a cruise. I'll be ready as soon as Kumho ships their next batch of 335 35 17's

Sounds great. We will get together sometime when the weather gets warmer. My car did have the windows tinted. I bought it from D&M Motorsports in Chicago. I was the second owner. Talk to you later.

NSviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats. Great choice. Maybe a little bias with the colour. I got mine from IL. Nice people :2tu:.

1st Strike

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nice car Welcome aboard!!! Hope to see you at some of the events with the Illinois Club

OP
OP
J

jckrieger

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats. Great choice. Maybe a little bias with the colour. I got mine from IL. Nice people :2tu:.

The funny thing is, neither of us wanted silver! I wanted a blue with white stripe GTS and the wife wanted a black or blue G35. Of course, now that we both have silver cars we definitely don't have any complaints.

OP
OP
J

jckrieger

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nice car Welcome aboard!!! Hope to see you at some of the events with the Illinois Club

I'll definitely be attending some of the Champaign county auto-x events, along with the SAE sponsored auto-x event in Mossville. I'll also definitely consider some road course events, but I'd like to get a good feel for the car at lower speeds first.:drive:

Mike 123

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cogratulations! Welcome to the club. See you at some IL events soon.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viper123456