New Mods to my 2006 Coupe

Hiss

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just had my 2006 coupe Blue/silver lowered. Also had the corsa track exhaust and 3.55 gear installed. Adam(Ab) in Louisville Ky was the installer. I am extremely pleased with the results. The Viper handles better its quicker and has a good exhaust sound.

The first pic is the Viper before and a few pics of the after

11160100_4862_edited-1.jpg

100_5050.jpg

100_5052_edited-1.jpg

100_5002_edited-3.jpg

viper_ab.jpg

100_5056_edited-1.jpg

100_5012_edited-2.jpg

Simms

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That looks awesome! The new coupe's look so good lowered. Did you tint your front windshield?

Austin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The coupe looks good when it comes from the factory, but lower it and it looks like whole different car. BTW, very nice, Hiss.

Lawrenzo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm curious as the type of camera you used for the shots. The color just jumps out and smacks you in the face :eek:

Are you a professional photographer?

johnk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
looks great, is the rear suspension now adjustable? can it be raised or lowered easily? Thanks for sharing

1DumpedViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That last picture is beyond beautiful. The gears make a HUGE difference dont they? Car looks great with the stripes. :2tu:

viper585

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Gene, your car looks incredible!! And I am sure it runs as good as it looks with your mods!!!!!

DMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow, your car looks awesome. I can only imagine how it must look in person if the pics are that good.

OP
OP
H

Hiss

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for comments.

List of mods
-3.55 gear
-DC Computer with 170 stat
-Corsa Track Exhaust
-Green filters
-Baffle removed from hood air intake
-Green brake pads
-Pirelli non run flat tires-18&19(sticky)
-Tires speed balanced and alignment
-Mopar Hurst shifter with MGW knob
-Exterior and Interior cosmetic changes

Suspension is not adjustable. The ride is just a little stiff but that is to be expected. I do have to be more aware of road conditions but so far no problems. I really like the looks and the ride. My viper is not every day driver-not driven in bad weather.

The camera is a Canon Digital. I used the manual mode.

The 3.55 gear does make a difference. Very good mod for the street. At wot I have to shift out of low a little quicker. But oh my what it has done for gears 2-6. I know this gear is not for everyone but for me I really like what it has done for my Viper. Thanks to 585 & Jon at parts rack for the tips and info on the 3.55.

Special thanks to Adam for doing great work on my Viper.

Flash1034

Enthusiast
Reaction score
2 Questions: (1) What baffle on the hood air intake and how do you remove it?
(2) Are the tires you guys are getting for your stock wheels the same size as OEM? Pirrelis, Michelin PS2s, etc. I dont see them listed in the tire ads.

Thanks,

Flash

Snakester

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great pictures. Your car looks beautiful. :laugh:
But I'd really worry about speed bumps and steep driveways with only a couple inches of ground clearance left now. :eek:

Scott_in_FL

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Yeah, I'll bet you have less than 3" ground clearance at the jack points, which means you could catch them on speed bumps. Car looks great though.

Casey, what kind of fascia guard are you talking about? Even though my car is not as low, I'd be interested in one as well.

OP
OP
H

Hiss

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Flash

The baffle is in the back of the hood air duct. Held into place by three small phillips head screws. Hard to get to-had to lay on my back in the motor compartment. It does restrict air to filters. I got caught a few times in rain with no water problems. No problems when I wash Viper - just careful not to hold hose near air opening - some stick a small towel in opening when washing car. Their is a couple of drain holes in bottom of factory air box.

The Pirelli tires are the non run flat PZero Rosso asimetrico high performance tire. Front is same size as stock but the rears are 355/25/19. With the low side wall these tires are about 1/2 " lower than stock. A sticky tire-rides very good. Wheel hop is gone but you can, when cold, make the tires spin especially with 3.55 gear. I like the tires -so much better than stock run flats.

Michelin does make(pilot sport)a non run flat in the same size as stock. Some go to the 18" or 20" rims ,and in doing so have more tire options ,but I wanted to keep my stock 5 spokes. Talk to Luke at tire rack or Jon at parts rack.

OP
OP
H

Hiss

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I will have to be extra careful. In our small town very few speed bumps-but did go over one the othre day without scraping. Viper is about 3". I have a pretty steep drive way and as long as I take it easy I am ok.

I wouldn't reco. this set up for a every day driver or driving on a lot of unfamiliar roads. I know the roads around here very well. However have been on two out of town trips without any problems. Unless I am caught I do not drive Viper in bad weather or at night. Milage wise I am putting on about 500-600 miles a month.

One question-at the back of the wheel wells ,under the left and right fender liner, is a piece of removable hard plastic that hangs down about 2" and is about 8" wide. Now these are close to the road surface. What is the reason for these pieces?? If I dont take them off the road eventually will. I had these scrape a time or two before lowering.

ILLSMOQ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
One question-at the back of the wheel wells ,under the left and right fender liner, is a piece of removable hard plastic that hangs down about 2" and is about 8" wide. Now these are close to the road surface. What is the reason for these pieces?? If I dont take them off the road eventually will. I had these scrape a time or two before lowering.

Those work like mud flaps. They help keep rocks and other debris form taking paint off the side sills. If you are not extra careful going over speed bumps they will scrape. Sounds horrible but not really a big deal. I finally lost one last week. I made a new set out of ABS plastic.

It looks good....so how exactly did they lower it?

OP
OP
H

Hiss

Enthusiast
Reaction score
On the facia guards--I believe they make the rubber or plastic and the stainless steel. Will the plastic ones give adequate protection.

OP
OP
H

Hiss

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Pics of interior mods

-Silver dash pieces
-Mgw radio and ac knobs(pearl bright)
-Mopar hurst shifter
-Mgw snake gripper knob with pearl bright 3D logo
-Zero altitude foot pedals
-Color coordinated mats with logo

Picture_004.jpg

Picture_016_edited-2.jpg

Two more pics of exterior

100_5041_edited-7.jpg

100_5039_edited-4.jpg

Reaction score
Actually the flaps behind the front wheels are air deflectors that help pull air into the the sills and cool the cats. They are very important for heat.

Mark Jorgensen

1DumpedViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
They didnt work at all for my car. The day the cats came off though, I thought I moved to the artic. No more neat! :D

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960