New Owner Signing In

M2 GTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hey guys. First time Viper owner signing in. I found a 2002 Macedo built GTS that I just couldn't say no to. I didn't do a very good job with the pictures but at least it gives you something to look at.

You must be registered for see images attach

Not sure what all you guys are interested in but its basically a Macedo built motor with an ROE supercharger at 10 psi of boost and nitrous/propane injection. I have an earlier dyno sheet from 2004 showing 938hp and a maxed-out 1000ft/lbs with everything hooked up. She appears to be running a little rich from the relocation so I hope to get her tuned-up and see where she's currently at.

Any other Tulsa area VCA members out there?

Jim

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hey guys. First time Viper owner signing in. I found a 2002 Macedo built GTS that I just couldn't say no to. I didn't do a very good job with the pictures but at least it gives you something to look at.

Not sure what all you guys are interested in but its basically a Macedo built motor with an ROE supercharger at 10 psi of boost and nitrous/propane injection. I have an earlier dyno sheet from 2004 showing 938hp and a maxed-out 1000ft/lbs with everything hooked up. She appears to be running a little rich from the relocation so I hope to get her tuned-up and see where she's currently at.

Jim

Awesome! Isn't that one of a few magazine cars I've seen hanging on Larry's wall? Any time slips?

My engine was also built by M2 and I'm a "happy camper" as well.

You must be registered for see images

Congrats, looks like a Keeper to me!

Ted

OP
OP
M

M2 GTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thanks for the comments guys.

Here are a couple of under hood pictures that were sent to me when I was considering buying it.

I'll have to be honest and say that I had no comprehension of the type of performance car that I was getting. It's definitely been a blast so far.

There are no time slips yet. It was the end of the season (for the track) and I didn't feel safe with the tires. I now have a new set and am waiting for spring.

I wasn't aware that the car had been in any magazine. If so I might have to ask Larry what magazine and issue.

okloneranger

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Jim, Congrats. Nice 02. I'm in Broken Arrow area. You don't often see another Viper in this neck of the woods. I saw a Blue/White stripe 06 venom coupe in Tulsa a week ago-lived in the Manford area. There's a grey with silver ghost stripes 01 GTS who lives in the BA-Coweta area, and a few others around that i've heard of but not seen. No one I know in the area is a VCA member. I believe most VCA members in the state probably live in the OKC area. Every so often they go to Hallet to road race, so keep watch of Ok area events for dates and times. Hope to see you out and about. Dewey

V

Venomiss

Welcome and congratulations on your new Viper!

Be sure to check out the new owners questions at the top if you haven't seen them already. Join the VCA fast enough and you can have the ability to purchase raffle tickets for that new 2008 ACR to be given away on February 14th. You have to be a VCA member to win.....come join us!:drive:

2MANYTOYS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the comments guys.

Here are a couple of under hood pictures that were sent to me when I was considering buying it.

I'll have to be honest and say that I had no comprehension of the type of performance car that I was getting. It's definitely been a blast so far.

There are no time slips yet. It was the end of the season (for the track) and I didn't feel safe with the tires. I now have a new set and am waiting for spring.

I wasn't aware that the car had been in any magazine. If so I might have to ask Larry what magazine and issue.

Very nice. I always liked that car and the original owner (Vern). He spent an ass load of money on that car. He kept it very clean. That was Macedo's signature car, he and the owner took it to a lot of the V10 national drag races. It made a ton of passes and was well known for never making it in the 9's. They had the whole gig even the drivers helment and trailer matched the car. A guy named Gary was the driver of the car on the dragstrip. I lost track of it after Vern quit racing it and sold it.

Simms

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats on the new purchase. I've always loved that car!! I have some pictures from the V-10 Nationals I can send you if you like.

The car was featured in the Makes and Models magazine back when Vern and Larry had just begun its modifications.

Be safe and have fun, the car has 9's in it, just needs an aggressive driver.

OP
OP
M

M2 GTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Congrats on the new purchase. I've always loved that car!! I have some pictures from the V-10 Nationals I can send you if you like.

The car was featured in the Makes and Models magazine back when Vern and Larry had just begun its modifications.

Thanks. I'd appreciate any photos that you could send.

I did a search on V10 Nationals and found a couple of photos of the car at the Florida and Ohio events.

Simms

Enthusiast
Reaction score
395913-Topeka_V-10_Nationals_Vern_Hill_red_and_Mamba.jpg

2MANYTOYS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Simms

Gary ran the piss out of that car. He was a very aggressive driver. Problem was in the setup not the power.

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Um, no Bri, He trapped 145-146. Plenty of power to get into the 9's. We begged Vern to let someone else try to drive it. Didn't, so the next owner will have that pleasure.

B767DRIVER

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Jim
Hi Jim, PM me your email address and I will send you the most recent club newsletter. It has a couple of local events listed. Would love to have you come out and join the fun.

Sterling

P.S. There is a TT '06 First Edition Coupe built by Underground Racing with close to 1500hp in the Tulsa area!