New Owner with Question

Nomayama

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have recently purchased an 06 coupe with HRE wheels and it is a dream come true. I do however need to find a good tech in KC if anyone knows of one. Also I hear lifter noice after the car is warm. Is this normal? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Getting ready to order high flow cats, exhaust and thinking about lowering. Good or bad???

OP
OP
N

Nomayama

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Still need some help as I am new to the viper thing and have a few questions. 1. Is it normal to hear lifter noice? Especially after the car is warmed up and I would like to drop it an inch?

mad0953

Enthusiast
Reaction score
From what I have gathered since I've been in the club is that a little lifter noise is normal in your car. As far as the mods go about everyone but me does them. Call one of the great vendors/sponsers of this site about what you want to do....they have tons of knowledge. The ones that come to my mind are: Chuck Tator, Sean Roe, and Jon at PartsRack. Post some pics too btw. :)

V

Venomiss

I have recently purchased an 06 coupe with HRE wheels and it is a dream come true. I do however need to find a good tech in KC if anyone knows of one. Also I hear lifter noice after the car is warm. Is this normal? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Getting ready to order high flow cats, exhaust and thinking about lowering. Good or bad???
Welcome!
Congratulations on the Viper and one Viper Tech who is closest to KC is Mark Jorgensen from Woodhouse.

Join the VCA and get with our local KC club-we have a free dyno day in April for paid members. Gets you all kinds of perks and this post explains it all.
http://forums.viperclub.org/2403732-post1.html

OP
OP
N

Nomayama

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thanks guys... I need to get joined fully and I am sure I will have tons of questions. My main concern is the lifter noise.. Other than that I will have some pics posted tonight... I love her, she is a beauty.

J&R3xV10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
the only good advice that could be given about the noise is get it too Mark at woodhouse and let him check it out. I heard some slight noise in mine for awhile but after I just had it all cleaned and rebuilt, I don't hear anything but power:D

Reaction score
Thanks guys... I need to get joined fully and I am sure I will have tons of questions. My main concern is the lifter noise.. Other than that I will have some pics posted tonight... I love her, she is a beauty.

The noise could be normal and gets worse the older the oil. If you want to arrange for us to get it up here and check it out just call. I may end up with a trailer out that way MT and could get you here one way cheap! Let us know if you have questions or any wants for the Viper and congrats on joining the great clan down there.

You can reach me 24/7 on the cell phone if you need to.

OP
OP
N

Nomayama

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Ok,

Got a few pics and I know the trash can and myself are in the way of them... But this is the new spot in the garage for a while.

Attachments

• viper 3.jpg
    viper 3.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 44
  • viper 2.jpg
    viper 2.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 39
  • Viper 1.jpg
    Viper 1.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 38

TommyG

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Very nice! Just curious was it bought in FL and did it have a custom sound system b/c it looks like a car I called on and they had just taken a deposit. Don't remember that it had stripes though. Either way congrats, coupes are hawt.

Mopar Boy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nice looking ride!

And also welcome to the Viper Nation! Best nation on earth! You are really going to love it here!:headbang:

Robert

OP
OP
N

Nomayama

Viper Owner
Reaction score
No I actually got it in AR from one of my buddies that only holds them for a year or so... It has been really cared for and I love it...

OP
OP
N

Nomayama

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I also know I need to get my vin to one of the moderaters so I can fully be a member and get to know some of you guys. I am pretty young guy that just loves these cares since I was little.

V

Venomiss

Wow... Welll now I guess I am not that young... Who would be a good moderater to get my VIN to?

Big-n-italian, ViperTony, Leslie, CitySnake....take your pick.

PM them that and make sure your profile is filled out complete-only they can see it.
Then come join da VCA.

We have our meeting for KC on the last Tuesday of the month.