New pics of the GEN V...

Austin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Havent seen these posted. Figured Id post'em up. For those of you who dont think this car looks good... You straight up need glasses.

You must be registered for see images

OP
OP
A

Austin

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Makara

Viper Owner
Reaction score
My biggest concern with the new design is the front fenders. I don't like how much room there is from the top of the wheel well to the top of the fender. It makes the car look a little bit bloated. Also, I wish the whole body were scaled down in height to give it a lower, meaner stance. That said, I have only seen the car in pictures and pictures never translate well to seeing the car in person. Overall, the car looks pretty good. The interior definitely seems to be a huge step forward. I am glad that someone like Ralph who loves the car so much and has so much passion is in charge of the project.

99t1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I understand that there must be some threaded points in the frame for a 6 point belt but it does not appear a sub belt could come up out of the seat through a slit or something? Also, the lower seats do not look like they have much lateral support...or is it just the pict? Please don't be useless like the Z06 seats.

thanks...these are excellent! Anybody know of any SRT (non-GTS) picts?

m

OP
OP
A

Austin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My biggest concern with the new design is the front fenders. I don't like how much room there is from the top of the wheel well to the top of the fender. It makes the car look a little bit bloated. Also, I wish the whole body were scaled down in height to give it a lower, meaner stance. That said, I have only seen the car in pictures and pictures never translate well to seeing the car in person. Overall, the car looks pretty good. The interior definitely seems to be a huge step forward. I am glad that someone like Ralph who loves the car so much and has so much passion is in charge of the project.

The car looks SO MUCH BETTER in person. It is NOT tall, nor does it look "bloated". Not IMO, anyway.

Austin thanks for posting, that first pic looks amazing

Ron

No problem, Ron. Everyone likes pics.:D

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
pictures never translate well to seeing the car in person.

True. A great looking car always looks much better in person than in pics. They did a great job on this car. Style-wize the only important change I could see would be making the crosshairs more pronounced.

wikkid

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Car is great, but way to much gap in fenders. Looks cheezy on a 120k car.

georgethedog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd like to see some pictures that were not so "overdone" with tricks. Just a stright up normal color and lighting picture. Kind of like taking a picture of a beautiful woman without all the makeup.

OP
OP
A

Austin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd say those pics aren't "overdone". The car is basically sitting in an automotive clean-room. TONS of fluorescent lights, which means saturation of light and reflections; this is made "worse" because of the car being so clean and polished.

I'd like to see some pictures that were not so "overdone" with tricks. Just a stright up normal color and lighting picture. Kind of like taking a picture of a beautiful woman without all the makeup.

Last edited:

2001-V10 Power Nut

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
check out the other thread here, the GEN V was at a car show in Virginia yesterday, lots of pics in the sunlight

cfiiman

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Absolutely stunning. When I have my GEN one at the car shows everyone keep saying "have you seen that new GEN five? " I just say, "yeah it's a beast"

Reaction score
Don't worry the seats are DEEP and very supportive, the lighting there is not the best to see that though.

I understand that there must be some threaded points in the frame for a 6 point belt but it does not appear a sub belt could come up out of the seat through a slit or something? Also, the lower seats do not look like they have much lateral support...or is it just the pict? Please don't be useless like the Z06 seats.

thanks...these are excellent! Anybody know of any SRT (non-GTS) picts?

m

ZYellow01RT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That second shot from the top looks very similar to the Volado concept...absolutely love those lines.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960