New Ride

Steve 00RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, we have now joined the 2 Viper club with the addition of a pristine 01 Bumble Bee ACR. The list of amenities on this car is extensive. Our first Woodward Dream Cruise proved to be expensive although that was not the intent. Thanks to Hisserman for making a fortuitous phone call at 11 PM Saturday night from a Woodward cruise party at my wife's insistence. We wouldn't have this addition if not for her. We stopped to see it before heading home Sunday morning. The old LND RKT now has a partner. Both have 5 pound Roe blowers, Fidanza flywheels, and Belanger headers. We drove it back from Detroit this past Thursday. 12,847 miles on the odometer when we picked it up. We logged 2200 miles with 2 trips to Detroit in a week's time. We now have one vehicle which is catless and Belanger all the way back and one with Belanger headers, hi flow cats, and 3" Corsa cat back. I can tell you there is no comparison in sound output. The Belangered all the way car is quite a bit deeper and louder. That being said, the Belanger/Corsa also has a nice sound, albeit raspy at idle. MCVO member Mark Schultz is the former owner. He gets all the credit for putting this one of a kind car together. It has been in some big shows in the Detroit area, taking second at the 2004 Autorama show. I believe it was also in the Viper 1/4ly a while back although I haven't identified which one yet. We hope to keep this car in the same condition we received it in for many years to come.

Below is a list of what our new car came with, some pics, and the dyno sheet. The torque on this car for a 5 pounder at 2600 RPM is remarkable. The last picture is from a local yearly Corvette show this past weekend where we won our class again.

Roe Racing 5 Pound Twin Screw Supercharger
Painted Gen III Valve Covers & Powder Coated Blower Parts
Fidanza Aluminum Flywheel
Center Force Dual Friction Clutch
Hurst Short Throw Shift Kit / Gear Knob (Roe Racing)
Baer Eradispeed Slotted / Cross Drilled Rotors
1-4 Skip Shift
Belanger 1&3/4” 5/3/1 Headers
Hi Flow Cats
3” Corsa Cat Back Exhaust
HRE 547-R 19" Wheels Custom Polished and Anodized Black
Michelin Pilot Sports--Front 285-30-19 Rear 345/30-19
Hoosier R6 Drag Radials 345-30-19
Autoform -- GTS/RS Adjustable Rear Wing /GTS Front Splitter w/Brake Cooling Ducts / Roof Scoop
Vented Cowl--Painted / striped by Autoform
MGW-- Gas Cap / Chrome Side Emblems /AC Controls/Tilt Lever/Cigarette Lighter / Gauge Inserts / Anodized License Plate frame
Venzano Leather-- Seats / Console / Door Panels / Floor Mats
Zero Altitude-- Viper ACR Aluminum Side Sill Plates / Clutch, Brake, Gas Pedals
Viperware-- Rear Cargo Mat / Dash Mat
Alpine-- Alpine IVA-D900 Multi Media Flip Screen / CD / MP3 / DVD / Alpine Amps / XM Radio

Steve

8132004_Detroit_Autorama_026_full_car-med.jpg

813IMG_2033_1_engine_left-med.JPG

813IMG_2034_engine_right-med.JPG

813IMG_2075_3-med.JPG

813IMG_2074_seat-med.JPG

813IMG_2044_console-med.JPG

813IMG_2073_Wheel-med.JPG

813IMG_2062-med.JPG

813IMG_2050_Corvette_show-med.JPG

813ACR_DYNO_SHEET-med.jpg

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sweet looking car. I actually saw these pictures before you posted them (I have eyes everywhere!!!). How is the paint match on the side-sills and the splitter? In some of the pictures, it looks a tiny bit off, but I'm thinking it's just the pics. I LOVE the powdercoated ROE. That thing is freakin' HAWT!!!!

Mccarlin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
WOW, My old 1998 supra turbo was at that 2004 autorama in the booth across from this viper. I absolutly LOVED the viper and it was my favorite in the show. I thought it was the nicest viper ive ever seen. It's still beautiful. You are very lucky to own this car.

OP
OP
S

Steve 00RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sweet looking car. I actually saw these pictures before you posted them (I have eyes everywhere!!!). How is the paint match on the side-sills and the splitter? In some of the pictures, it looks a tiny bit off, but I'm thinking it's just the pics. I LOVE the powdercoated ROE. That thing is freakin' HAWT!!!!

The only place where I saw a little difference was the vented cowl and that was after it was pointed out to me by the owner. It's a pretty good match. In bright daylight it's pretty hard for these old eyes to pick up any mismatch at all.

I caught wind you saw these a while ago from the 'source' ;)

Steve

OP
OP
S

Steve 00RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
WOW, My old 1998 supra turbo was at that 2004 autorama in the booth across from this viper. I absolutly LOVED the viper and it was my favorite in the show. I thought it was the nicest viper ive ever seen. It's still beautiful. You are very lucky to own this car.

Thanks. We feel the same way. We are fortunate to have been able to get a hold of this car.

Steve

VIPER BAZ UK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks great :2tu: :2tu:
Just bought the Gen3 valve covers as well,Any chace of a pic of the breathers,are they relocated?? :headbang: :nana:

OP
OP
S

Steve 00RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'll try to get a picture today some time of the front. I am going to add the Roe breather as he was having a little pressure problem with the oil cap under heavy throttle.

Steve

V

venms96

Mean *** Viper, Killer Car.

I wonder if it "beat out" that Red T-bird beside it in the "car show" ? !!! :)

venms96
1996 GTS
SDMF !

kpham

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Wow! That's a beauty among the beauties! Love the way stripes, paint, rims, and engine color all fit together.

OP
OP
S

Steve 00RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just bought the Gen3 valve covers as well,Any chace of a pic of the breathers,are they relocated??

They appear identical to the Gen II cover set up for a Roe with one in each valve cover end and the tube between them ...and then tied back to the air cleaner set up.

Steve

VIPER BAZ UK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thank you..
Your valve covers must be a straight fit because of the roe..
The breather on my Gen 3 covers come out of the top and not out the front so will posibly hit the intake...

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Okay Steve. After seeing this I am now certain that you cannot handle 2 Vipers. Too darn cold and snowy up in the UP. And a lack of a lift. Oh my. I guess what I am saying is that if you are nice to me I will take 1 of them off your hands. Only because I am trying to be a nice guy. Remember I have room in my warm garage just waiting ...

GTSnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nice pick up. From what I remember Mark kept this car totally immaculate. This car doesn't have one flaw that I can remember.

OP
OP
S

Steve 00RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wonder if it "beat out" that Red T-bird beside it in the "car show" ? !!! :)

The 57 T-Bird won in it's class. There were about 150-160 cars there. About 8 classes between trucks and cars. Only vehicles registered could vote...and you couldn't vote in your class.

Okay Steve. After seeing this I am now certain that you cannot handle 2 Vipers. Too darn cold and snowy up in the UP. And a lack of a lift. Oh my. I guess what I am saying is that if you are nice to me I will take 1 of them off your hands. Only because I am trying to be a nice guy. Remember I have room in my warm garage just waiting ...

Thanks for the generous offer Ron. I will keep that in mind for the distant future. ;)

Nice pick up. From what I remember Mark kept this car totally immaculate. This car doesn't have one flaw that I can remember

Thanks--Immaculate is a good word to describe the car. We hope to keep it that way. Kind of ironic that we saw this car on display in Wixom at the Mid-West Rendezvous in 2003. The Tomahawk bike was there as well. Little did I know how our paths would cross 3 years later.

Steve

Hisserman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
When Mark told me he was thinking of selling I knew that it would take a very special owner to do this car justice. It is mint in every possible way.

Then during the Dream Cruise Steve and his wife mentioned that they might be in the market for a second Viper because they have over 60,000 miles on their original one. Bingo! -- a match made in heaven.

And guys, Sue's the perfect Viper wife. When someone asked what was going on along Woodward after 12:00 am we said that's when the serious racing starts. Sue was the first to jump up and say "Let's go!". She's not too bad on the eyes either. A great couple for a great car. :2tu:

OP
OP
S

Steve 00RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the kind words Bruce. Sue thanks you too ;) ...wouldn't have happened without you. :2tu:

We now have the best of both worlds. A RT/10 to continue piling road trip miles on(62,700 at last count), a few track miles per year, and autocrosses ..........and a one of kind GTS/ACR to use sparingly and maintain in the pristine condition we received it in.

Steve

Shelby3

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thank you..
Your valve covers must be a straight fit because of the roe..
The breather on my Gen 3 covers come out of the top and not out the front so will posibly hit the intake...

To fit the GenIII valve covers on the GenII the breather outlets must be relocated to the front of the covers as they are on the GenII. You must also grind flat the raised humperschwankers on the GenII covers to fit them under the ROE blower inlet tubes. Even then, they are a tight fit.
3668MTR-med.JPG

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tombala