New tires = New car

MarkRx

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I replaced the original rubber on my 01 with Ps2s and what a difference. Its like a whole new car. Second doesnt just spin out of control anymore, it bites very hard and oh man does it pull. Im not sure how much better the Ps2s are Vs new pilot sports, but the difference from the 6 year old tires is out of this world.

I must admit the look of the old pilot sports is so cool and I kinda miss the aggressive edges, but oh well. I think its worth it in performance.

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Same experience here. Bought my '01 GTS with slick PS's, which were LOADS of fun to slide, spin, and impress others with. However, I slid into my new sneakers while the directional treads were still available in Jan '07. Yeah, they look cool, and yeah, new car!!!

rcdice

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I need to do exactly this as well. Are the PS2's available in Gen II OEM sizes now? When I looked last the rears were slightly different. 345 vs. 335 I think.

handyman_321

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Yup.. the new PS2's are available in 335 and 275's in 18inch. I just put a set on my 99 gts and had the same experience...Brand new car.

No dartyness...huge traction...It drives sooooooooo much nicer and smoother with better performance. Best thing I have done for my car so far.

goldcup

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It is amazing the difference in the car with ps2. I have an 01 with original tires it was all about throttle control,Now you point and hammer, the way the new tires dig in is great.I just installed 3.55's once they are broke in it will be interesting to see how the tires do.

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How do the new PS2's compare to Kumhos on the rear for traction, especially in applications over 600 hp?

Jon at Parts Rack gave the Kumhos 1/2 the tread life of the PS's. That usually means sticky.

I've read other posts about the sandblast effect on the rear of the car from the Kumhos. Once again, sounds like they are sticky.

Parts Rack has them for like $799 a set right now. The Kumhos. If it wasn't for the sandblasting of the rear of the car, I buy all of 'em.

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
PartsRack has PS-II in 17", 18" or 19" applications. And even 20"
Sam-day shipping; No tax; LOW prices......

Thanks Dave6666 but PartsRack has Kumho 17" tires at SIX NINETY NINE for sets of FOUR !!!!!!! or just $350/pr for REARS !!!!!

VIPER GTSR 91

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I recently bought a set of PS 2s in 19 inch from Jon and they are the best. His prices are the best too and got them quickly.:drive:

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
HAS ANYONE EVER USED THESE?THE ARE DOT LEGAL AS WELL.Drag Radial

PartsRack has the BFGs a few $$ cheaper...... Drag Radials have very flexible sidewalls and are NOT MEANT TO CORNER at G-loads that the Viper can develop. CORNER VERY CAREFULLY. DOT legal, drive to and from the drag strip. NEVER ROAD RACE EM !!!!
"DONT MISMATCH TIRES ON A RACE CAR" !