New Viper - Need help identifying aftermarket electronics

Randomaccess

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi... New to the forums... Just picked up my first viper 2004 SRT10, and found some custom wiring running throughout the car.

4 leads running to the front and rear bumper.
Cat 5 connectors attached to this box...
and one lead dangling.

I think it says SMQ or SQM... odd font.

My guess is either a concealed radar detector or jammer that was partially removed. Anyone know anything about it?

You must be registered for see images attach

georgethedog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Welcome!!! Post a pic of your car when you get a chance. See if there is a company name or model number on the back of that box. I do not recoginize the front, but it is hard to see. I think your guess is right and if it is you are set up to hook up another one.

Get under the rear and front of the car (safely) and see if you can find the other ends--they should be similar.

OP
OP
R

Randomaccess

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks George. I'll definitely post pix when the weather improves... Its snowing here in NY... and literally pulled her off the transport hours ago... So she's in need of some good love before I post pix. ;)

Nothing on the back...

Whatever it leads to is definitely behind the bumpers... I'll have to remove the covers to see what that looks like. but 90% sure its radar detector... Which I would love to go buy the missing parts if anyone recognizes... Google didn't know either :(

TowDawg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I can't tell for sure. The description sounds like the "brain" of my built in Passport with the laser diffuesers. Mine doesn;t look exactly like that though.

Are there any numbers or words on the box that might help?

OP
OP
R

Randomaccess

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nothing except the funky lettering in the picture. And they are trademarked lol. I doubt they have laser diffusers since the sensor is behind the bumper.

I have a valentine one I was planning to use. So if it's some old radar only system... I may just tear it out.

OP
OP
R

Randomaccess

Enthusiast
Reaction score
New info... I traced one of the wires... it leads behind the rear bumper to a long tube... Looks like an LED light kit.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960