Newbie questions???

TonyCool

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Have a coupel of newbie questions :rolleyes:

Today I got a message saying "Lo Tire" what's the ideal pressure for srt10 tires? (Not sure if it's same as with any other car). Are there different pressures that are better for grip or acceleration. If so what's the ideal for maximum grip?

Also the message goes away as soon as the Tire gets hot so I guess it's close to the ideal pressure as when the air expands a little due to the higher temperature the message goes away.

Second question for those with lowered vipers. How do you figure out before hand if the front will scratch or not. I mean some places are obvious but there are some entrances that seem fine and there are no issues when you get in but scratch in the way out.

Third question for those with mottons. How do you adjust the height?
I love the way my car looks lowered but so far I've found only two gas stations where I can get in and out without scratching the front bumper protector and that's with a very good angle both are a little far away from home. And I'm always worried about the front scratching everywhere. It's fine on the street but if I enter anywhere (a neighborhood, a mall, gas stations, etc.) It will scratch.

Thanks for not laughing of my newbie questions...:2tu:

Tony

Last edited:

swexlin

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Correct, I run my PS2s 30 "cold". If your low pressure light is on when tires are cold, you need air. It doesn't go off when threre is ideal pressure, it just means you're not dangerously low.

My SRT8 has real time tire pressure, and it's amazing to watch how heat affects tire pressure. My 2003 Viper doesn't have this feature. Do yourself a favor, and check that pressure pronto.

Reaction score
The Moton shocks adjust with collars on the body of the shock, under the springs. You can raise or lower using them. If you do adjust them though you have to have the alignment redone because the Viper is sensitive to toe changes, also your corner weights will be off even if you adjust each corner the same amount so I would have a good shop help with this if you do it. The rake from front to rear should be 1" or more, if the rear is to low the back of the car gets loose easy, just food for thought.

cowger

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Have a coupel of newbie questions :rolleyes:

Today I got a message saying "Lo Tire" what's the ideal pressure for srt10 tires? (Not sure if it's same as with any other car).

I'm not certain, but I thought I read somewhere that the TPMS sensors trip at something like 21 psi. As someone already suggested, I'd suggest you get a good tire pressure gauge and check them when they're cold -- you might be pretty low...

Bryan

Flexx91

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I'm not certain, but I thought I read somewhere that the TPMS sensors trip at something like 21 psi. As someone already suggested, I'd suggest you get a good tire pressure gauge and check them when they're cold -- you might be pretty low...

Bryan

If I remember correctly, you should get an intermittent alarm/chime w/illuminated TPMS light at 19 psi and a constant alarm/chime at 14 psi.

Wiretech

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My viper has a 4-5 inch clearance and it still scrapes you have the surpent front so I'am assuming it will scrape for sure .

SYNFULL

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don't mean to hijack but didn't want to star a new thread.
Have newbie questions also-

Are there specific jack points that are reinforced or do you just need to get on the frame?

Where is the battery? Was in wheel well of my gts. I assume it's in the rear under the carpet just haven't pulled it up yet.

Where is the obdII port?

Thanks

HyperViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jack points are steel triangles under the side sill area.
Battery is under carpet left side of trunk. You need a #30 torx to remove cover.
Ob port left side under dash.

Flexx91

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Low Pressure Threshold
23 psi
Critical Pressure Threshold
18 psi

According to the 2005 Owners' manual (page 139), it's 20 psi for low pressure and 14 for critical. Interested in knowing if that changed in 2008+ due to the OE PS2's and Sport Cups (non-runflats).

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Thought the same thing, Flexx91. My post (above) came from 2009 Viper Service Manual on CD...picked a Gen IV source due to poster's Viper color in avitar.

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
According to the 2005 Owners' manual (page 139), it's 20 psi for low pressure and 14 for critical. Interested in knowing if that changed in 2008+ due to the OE PS2's and Sport Cups (non-runflats).

It changed because a guy has to be a complete and utter bonehead to need an idiot light to tell them their tire pressure is too low. But of course, every passenger vehicle now has to have TPM because our idiot government, specifically the NHTSA idiots, don't know the difference between a low profile tire on a sports car vs. a high profile Firestone on a 4,000lb SUV driven by a nervous Nellie not wearing a seatbelt.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sloth