Next viper interior

Twister

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I like the current srt interior. Mine is eight years old and the interior still looks new. The seats and steering wheel are awesome

48 Viper

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
I will state up front, I bought my Viper in '95 because of the motor. Exterior styling (in that day) was also a plus. Never really thought about the interior until it was about three years old. Now, all of the plastic has cracked or broken where it is screwed together. Elastic in seat pouches gave out soon after, and the rubber pumps did not last. Then the dash started to..... well, lets just say I can scrap the paint off the dash with my fingernails. Seats are quit uncomfortable on drives more than a few hundred miles, and heaven forbid that it rains. After a two inch rain on this years power tour, I had at least an inch of water inside the car (car was covered but the cover no longer repells water like it used to). So, a nicer interior would be nice (mine is completely gutted now, and I'm looking at options). Even official chrysler sites talk about the Gen I cars being a high end kit car, which it is.

Still like the motor, just spend a lot of time explaining to fans that the rest of the car was designed to be as impractical as possible.

Any advise on the dash? (red exterior/ Tan seats and carpet, black dash and console) Repaint or cover/coat with something
Has anyone used dynamat on an R/T? If so, is it worth it?
Has anyone converted a Gen I to adjustable pedal? I have both clutch pedal housings and was hoping someone had lived through it and could provide recommendation.

As for the '13, if the motor puts it at the top of performance at the 100K market, and Dodge does improve drivability and comfort, their won't be many cars available for awhile. Who would want a "nose" oh I mean Vette if you could have a Viper that ran great (always did) and felt like a car (not pro stock) inside?

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Now, all of the plastic has cracked or broken where it is screwed together. Elastic in seat pouches gave out soon after, and the rubber pumps did not last. Then the dash started to..... well, lets just say I can scrap the paint off the dash with my fingernails. Seats are quit uncomfortable on drives more than a few hundred miles, and heaven forbid that it rains. After a two inch rain on this years power tour, I had at least an inch of water inside the car (car was covered but the cover no longer repells water like it used to). So, a nicer interior would be nice (mine is completely gutted now, and I'm looking at options). Even official chrysler sites talk about the Gen I cars being a high end kit car, which it is.

They must've upgraded the interiors by 97 because both of my Viper's interiors stayed in very good shape for many years and even now only have a few things worn. The 97 was a school car and the 98 has 130,000 miles on it. Driver's seat and belt could stand to be replaced, that's about it.

bmw2nv2000

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Im confused. I like my 04, 06, & 08 interior and find it very comfy and well laid out. The only thing I would change and have added the option on every one of my Vipers is heated seats. ok and maybe adjustable lumbar support.

VYPR BYT 94

Enthusiast
Reaction score
...Any advise on the dash? (red exterior/ Tan seats and carpet, black dash and console) Repaint or cover/coat with something
Has anyone used dynamat on an R/T? If so, is it worth it?...

Paint the dash. Don't cover it. The fuzzy dash is a "right of passage" on gen1 cars. :D
Dynamat is not worth it in my opinion...:nono: Heck, my top just hangs on the wall in the garage! Your car is built with the spirit of being raw and unrefined! Don't try to make it into a Lincoln, you'll regret it later. Keep the top off that RT and head down the road! :2tu:

Scratch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gee, since Ralph is " Head of Design," why is this even a surprise. I will guarantee the new interior will blow everyone's socks off and if you need proof , just go look at all the new 2011 vehicles from Chrysler now in the showrooms. Consumers , magazines, etc. have all rallied around the new materials, design, ergonomics of the current crop.

Ralph has established his stamp since taking over, and who are we to even have the slightest fear that he won't go to the moon with his beloved Viper.
Flame suit on, while loving the new interior in the Jeep Grand Cherokee, it came $50K window sticker :dunno: at least in Phoenix.

BigDawg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have no qualms with Chrysler charging $120k+ for the new Viper with the understanding it better be a HUGE improvement.

Mopar488

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have driven a couple of new Chryslers recently, a Charger rental car and a Jeep Overland. I was impressed with both of them. The Jeep had some cool stitching on the dash. Frankly, I like the interior of my 08 Viper, it is all business. I just hope the new Viper does not go too upscale.

tucker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hopefully the bolsters are actually ledder and not vine-ill.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang