Next viper interior

Andrew/USPWR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Word on the street is it's going to be really Fantastic. Better than Corvette, Aston Martin or Lambo.:headbang: 2nd only to the Ferrari but not by much.

I know somebody that knows a guy.:D

Order now. Avoid the rush.

Blainne

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Ferrari like interior = Ferrari like prices Reason US cars don't have Ferrari leather interiors is because they don't cost $150,000.00.

With todays failing economy... the people who can afford to spend 100K+ on a car is getting fewer and fewer.

stranger355

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was just complaining about my gen 4's interior the other day. Now, I love my car, but spending time with my friend's cars....I sure would like a better interior.

Ghoust

Viper Owner
Reaction score
dont really care for a cushy interior. Vipers are made for Speed and the Track. A show quality interior belongs on the higher end exotics as do all the gadgetry.

Stealth

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My GTS Blue Coupe has the gray/black interior. I added the carbon fiber look console/dash piece from JonB and it actually looks great. I would not mind softer door elbow areas and some nicer materials, but it really is not bad for this type of serious sports car.

01sapphirebob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I can't wait to see the new interior. Or the whole car for that matter. Personally, I think an upgrade in materials is long over due. Just look at the rest of the whole new Chrysler line up. All new interiors and not that much change in price.

AbsolutHank

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I do like the current interior design too. Better materials would be great, and that doesn't mean it has to be the finest Italian leather either!

ACR steve

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A better interior is not all about exotic leathers. It’s about stamping and processing less expensive materials to give the same sensory results without adding insane sums to the price of the car.

The new interiors will be something we are all proud of.

bluesrt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
here we go, hold on------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- they r all going to be soloid black though, i no the guy thats building them, ya i no em

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
here we go, hold on------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- they r all going to be soloid black though, i no the guy thats building them, ya i no em

*** :rolleyes:

OP
OP
Andrew/USPWR

Andrew/USPWR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't know about how much leather will be in the new Viper I just hear "Supercar Interior."

I used to want to change my seat out to leather but after using and abusing them they still look like new.......I'm a fan of pLeather.

ps although I do have the matt finish on my door latch surround pealing off.:( It's gloss underneath so I may just rub the rest the off.:dunno:

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Gee, since Ralph is " Head of Design," why is this even a surprise. I will guarantee the new interior will blow everyone's socks off and if you need proof , just go look at all the new 2011 vehicles from Chrysler now in the showrooms. Consumers , magazines, etc. have all rallied around the new materials, design, ergonomics of the current crop.

Ralph has established his stamp since taking over, and who are we to even have the slightest fear that he won't go to the moon with his beloved Viper.

OP
OP
Andrew/USPWR

Andrew/USPWR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gee, since Ralph is " Head of Design," why is this even a surprise. I will guarantee the new interior will blow everyone's socks off and if you need proof , just go look at all the new 2011 vehicles from Chrysler now in the showrooms. Consumers , magazines, etc. have all rallied around the new materials, design, ergonomics of the current crop.

Ralph has established his stamp since taking over, and who are we to even have the slightest fear that he won't go to the moon with his beloved Viper.

He makes in clear he wants it to be fantastic or don't show up to work at Chrysler.

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't care if it's made of balsa wood.
Just make sure that new interior is inside of a car that can take back the 'ring title.

Sonoman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Speaking of interiors, has anyone had the center console opening lid re-covered in leather? I'm missing the feel of that from my previous sports cars. Grainy vinyl on a hot day ain't the greatest thing to rest a forearm on. I'm all for having options, one interior for the racers and one for the umm, affluent gentlemen who want a sports car with finer materials. Options have been few and far between in Viperland, tho.

Cobraken

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I haven't thought that ferrari interiors in the past 20 yrs have been all that great. I prefer guages and buttons to high tec stuff.

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I believe that there will be a choice of interior depending on the variant of the Viper ordered. The Gen V is going to have something none of the other generations had much of - options/choices. Not a surprise in view of the extensive color choices available in 2009 and 2010 and the goal, as noted above, to have better interiors available across the product lines.

For me function is far more important than "pretty". I would like even more side bolster support ( adjustible if possible) and adjustible lumbar support. This would allow us to have a custom seat fit.

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I love a nice, **** interior but I don't crave the over the top, overly done Italian leather. Frankly, I don't think I've ever even thought about the interior of my GenII while driving it. It's not a priority for me. I'd rather have function, power, brutality. As soon as I get in the Viper and start her up nothing else seems to matter.

Paul Hawker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The current Viper has done a magnificant job of providing a very lightweight, business like interior. Not too flashy, but it is a very comfortable place to be in, even at full combat mode. At high levels of competition, the interior simply fades away, and the pilot is aware mainly of the inputs necessary to maximize the handling/performance features of the Viper.

However when at rest, there is a certain lacking in refinement, and prestige.

If the next generation could step it up, just a little in the elegance level, while still providing that pure level of driver involvement at speed, that indeed would be a welcome upgrade.

Perhaps the most urgent need is for the gauges to be no longer hidden by the right forearm when driving. The gauges are only fully visible when the right hand is on the shifting lever.

Darbgnik

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Speaking of interiors, has anyone had the center console opening lid re-covered in leather? I'm missing the feel of that from my previous sports cars. Grainy vinyl on a hot day ain't the greatest thing to rest a forearm on. I'm all for having options, one interior for the racers and one for the umm, affluent gentlemen who want a sports car with finer materials. Options have been few and far between in Viperland, tho.

I think the more affluent gentleman can send his interior to Venzano......... :D

bushido

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The new Chrysler 200,and 300s look real nice.
So I am excited,and can't wait to see the new vipers interior as well...

rw99

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Perhaps the most urgent need is for the gauges to be no longer hidden by the right forearm when driving. The gauges are only fully visible when the right hand is on the shifting lever.

Kinda depends on how tall you sit in the saddle. I'm tall, drive 9&3, and have no sightline problems. But you bring up an EXCELLENT point: hopefully the Gen V will retain the linear arrangement of analog gauges (vertical or horizontal, either way). I love that feature of the Viper: the ability to glance at the entire row at once and see mid-range indicators. Max info easily and quickly seen.

*EDIT* I'm going to disagree with myself a little on this one. Went for a drive tonight and I do lose the voltage dial behind my hand. Not really my top priority gauge, but still. I really like horizontal dash pods that bring critical gauges up into the driver's peripheral vision... of course, a nice configurable heads-up display would be a fantastic option for the Gen V. I'd love to have a speedo and shiftlight right there on the windshield...

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lennatave