nitrous only dyno/track times?

00SVTdubs

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What have people gone with basic bolt on's (no heads/cam) and nitrous with the stock motor?

Post your dyno numbers and more important post your et/mph and the combo you are running. I just had rotator cuff surgery and Im bored as hell and in a sling for 6 weeks, so Im going to create a database of spray cars and what combo achieved what times. Thanks guys

Joseph Dell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tom Welch ran in the 9's with Nitrous/propane and exhaust.

i hope that your creating a database will keep you so busy that you cut back on the postings...

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
577/856 on dyno

didnt take it to a track but it does a real good job on the street..:)

RedEnuf93

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Old Gen1. 604HP and 788TQ.
I sprayed at 1/8th mile and got 11.6.
Miserable 1.97 60ft time.
With proper tires 10's should not be a problem...
(This was without the blower, NX only, no mods on motor.

RedEnuf93

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've done 100, 200, 220, 250 and 300 shots.
Propably 30 double 10's in 2 years.
I cut my own jets and was able to tune A/F better. The larger jets were pig rich for safety reasons...
Main issue with mine later was that motor was not able to digest more. Larger sprays did not result in much larger number. Ed got better results with smaller jets, due to good set of heads and a cam...

TOOOFST

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Eric,
If Paolo see's you talking Nitrous, you might just
be back in the hospital.hehe
Everyone I know returned their tanks to the local dentist.
No real man should ever be bored even if a good women isn't around.hehe lol.

Jack B

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am currently running two stages of of 175 each to the rear wheels. Stage 1 comes on with the the VEC window switch. Stage 2 is progressive and comes on with a timer after stage 1. Tom's (BTR) was also two stage and dynoing about 850 hp/1050 ft-lbs

The set-up has been hard to dyno, when stage 1 hits it is at 675 hp almost immediately, as soon as stage 2 hits it starts to walk off the dyno. The reason for the hard hit is that I have gone to great lengths to spray pure liquid, not gas. Because of that I have done more road testing than dyno testing. The car does 500-510 NA and is set up with an Innovate logger and can log hp and torque. It was tuned by looking at the rpm/sec in third gear. The best rpm/sec to date has been 995 rpm/sec in third gear. That is 52 mph to 87 mph in 2.1 seconds. It does take slicks for the street tuning, it can light up the PS's in third or fourth.

The set up was not easy to come together it took a lot of tuning time. It has has been to the track one time since the tune was finished. That resulted in a best of 10.2 @ 140 mph with a terrible 60 ft time and high speed miss during that run. I have run it on the street and have over 50 logs of rpm versus a/f and hp.

OP
OP

00SVTdubs

Enthusiast
Reaction score
scotty, good to see you are still around. My girlfriend was here so I was busy but she left to go back to colorado so yes, now I am bored.

Jack, Id love to see what that combo runs at the track with a good sixty and not breaking up! thanks for the info!

J Carter

Enthusiast
Reaction score
1999 GTS I had sold now it ran 10.22 140 mph all stock motor cam and heads. Rockers $1200, t&t headers cat back no cats $3000, nx kit off the shelf $750 BFG tires $600 1.41 60ft 669 hp 794 foot pounds of torque easy bolt ons. Not bad for only $5000 worth of bolt ons

OP
OP

00SVTdubs

Enthusiast
Reaction score
75 Dry shot - 472/555
11.3@123 - 1.72 60ft

200 Wet - 578/790
10.92@133 - 1.75 60ft

those numbers seem weird. Why did you change from dry to wet, fuel restrictions with upping the dry shot? The mph difference is great but with about the same 60' time, I figured the times would be better. But then again, different time, different day.

.38 faster and 10mph by adding a 125 shot.... does that seem abmormal to you or no? just curious

OP
OP

00SVTdubs

Enthusiast
Reaction score
why is wet safer? Ive always thought dry is better because even if your nozzel gets clogged or something, there will just be extra fuel from the tune and it will just run rich. If its a wet shot and the fuel nozzel is cloged from a piece of dirt or whatever, the n20 sprays but the fuel doesnt and that is a big problem. also you can get puddling, etc, not so much with a dry shot. The problem with dry is it needs more fuel to support the shot as fuel is not being supplied as like with a wet shot so you may need a bap, bigger injectors, etc

2001 GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
those numbers seem weird. Why did you change from dry to wet, fuel restrictions with upping the dry shot? The mph difference is great but with about the same 60' time, I figured the times would be better. But then again, different time, different day.

.38 faster and 10mph by adding a 125 shot.... does that seem abmormal to you or no? just curious

Changed to wet for a bigger shot.

I was running a window switch with the wet so it took a sec to kick in.

Jack B

Enthusiast
Reaction score
why is wet safer? Ive always thought dry is better because even if your nozzel gets clogged or something, there will just be extra fuel from the tune and it will just run rich. If its a wet shot and the fuel nozzel is cloged from a piece of dirt or whatever, the n20 sprays but the fuel doesnt and that is a big problem. also you can get puddling, etc, not so much with a dry shot. The problem with dry is it needs more fuel to support the shot as fuel is not being supplied as like with a wet shot so you may need a bap, bigger injectors, etc

The following applies to dry systems that trick the PCM, not, to fuel management systems like the VEC2.

Dry does not mean that no additional fuel is being supplied. It is being supplied by tricking the PCM into believing the IAT is -20. The problem is that you are limited to 75-100 in shot size and there is no consistency in the a/f, because your injectors are static and the PCM regulation is not consistent The PCM on our cars seems to modify the injector pulse for the wrong reasons. I became tired of watching the a/f move from day-to-day, that is why I pulled off my dry system

You are correct about a dry system being safer, but, only because the shot size is so limited. As to puddling, it is more of a problem associated with poor nozzle design and improper juxtaposition of the two nozzles. Take a look on the Wizards of Nos web site for an insight into puddling and nozzle design - it is an eye opener.

OP
OP

00SVTdubs

Enthusiast
Reaction score
good post. Im used to my 03 cobras setup which was always dry, my a/f was dead consistant but it also was tricking the pcm and just a different setup, hense why I asked the question. Thanks for the post, I learned a lot! Merry Christmas to you guys!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tbone96