NJ VCA Pocono Track Day

Rolstar

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We should figure a way to time the laps, that would make for interesting driving, however we still have to keep it safe. depending upon the amount of registrants, maybe we could have a separate timed session. You're the expert on this Steve, what do you think?
I'm always up for a challenge, and the Jersey Boys have Steve "crash" Mazza driving for us.

Andrew2KRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree, there are way to many people out there that,let's say, might conflict with others. Maybe a separate timed session is the way to go. No wheel to wheel timed sessions. That could leave a mark.

AC

OP
OP
J

Jerz Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Guys, If your serious about this, I will make the first session after lunch the timed session. We will only do this in the Blue and Red run groups. :2tu:
Bobby

ACR steve

Enthusiast
Reaction score
cool just like we had it at Lime Rock we just need to find a couple of people to do the timing. Is it true that the loosing club at this Pocono event has to wear ******* over there pants at the Auto-X event in Oct.?????????

Andrew2KRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My bad, I was caught up in the moment. Brain malfunction. Should I ever confuse NY & NJ again, smack me.

Back to the question. Jersey guys, if you don't want to wear those pink *******, I'll settle for detailng the NY cars after the day is over.

Rolstar

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think that was a slip on Andrews part, he really wants to join our club, as do you Steve, remember... Comp Coupe!

OP
OP
J

Jerz Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not enough Tom, come on people this event will knock your socks off. I promise you new comer's that this event will be one you'll never want to miss once you've experienced the thrill of running at Pocono. :2tu:

Bobby

Rolstar

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You'll never know what you and your car can do unless you get out on the track. It is always a safe and friendly experience. Most people have the fear that it is too competetive, but you could not be more wrong. There is no timing, no dooor to door racing just guys having fun under a very controlled system. You don't know what you are missing!!

fastmd

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is it too late to sign up, I can fedex my app tomorrow?
Also I have track experience, but none in the viper, do the instructors have good viper knowledge (I would be willing to pay extra for someone who really knows the car).
Cheers,
Also I got the app in the mail, it doesn't say if a hard top or arm restraints or required ( I assume there will be a tech inspection).

ACR steve

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Fastmd: not to late send it out to Bobby asap there will be plenty of great instructors on hand.Pocono Long course is a great safe place, nice wide track with safe run off areas.Vipers do very well on this course.Your SRT is fine dont forget a helmet and long pants. See you there :)

motor602

Enthusiast
Reaction score
stupid question alert: pocono international raceway is the same track as pocono raceway correct? sorry, but i was getting 2 different addresses on a google search, last thing i want to do is show up to the wrong track...

also anyone know if its the 'north, south, or east' course?

vipercrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
its shaping up to be a pretty interesting day,, i mean pink *******??? toppless?? and i thought it would just be another day at the track..

OP
OP
J

Jerz Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's not too late, please mail it today. If not, just confirm with me via e-mail at [email protected] so we can get a head count. Then just bring your application and check with you to the track the day of the event.

Remeber: Helmets and long pants and shirts with long sleeves if you don't own a driving suit. :2tu:

See you all at the track :D
Bobby

fastmd

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bobby,
I sent the payment in, didn't want disturb you this evening, so I didn't call.
Looking forward to this event :2tu:

Andrew2KRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
One week from now, we'll be in the driver's meeting, sun will be out, not to strong, track will be dry and hopefully timed sessions will be arranged.

AC