NO. 1 Yellow 05 VCA car to be at BJ

JGK95

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not cool at all! I believed that these cars weren't meant to be flipped for a profit but rather for the purpose of enjoyment. People were explicitly told that if they didn't want the car to give the opportunity to someone who did.

This is Lousy!

NascarDave

Enthusiast
Reaction score
JGK95,
Historically, Vipers have not gone for market values at BJ. As such, this may be a good chance to get this car at under sticker. It wouldn't surprise me.

DN

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know the car and I know the owner. While I won't defend anybody selling a car that so many people wanted to buy to begin with, I will say that he had no intention of selling his VCA Edition. Indeed, he wasn't even drawn for this car and arranged beforehand to get it from another guy that didn't want it after his name was drawn. He LOVES yellow Vipers and wanted this one strictly to track - I kid you not. He had the Autoform roll bar in Dallas with Archer Racing scheduled to get the car track ready at VOI.

One problem: Nobody, and I mean NOBODY, knew what number they would get on their console. When he saw his he was actually kind of bummed, as he felt he couldn't drive it even out of the parking lot, much less on the track. Everybody was telling him how collectible it was and to sit and wait for the value to climb. The folks that had their name drawn on that car originally were also bummed, as they wanted to see the car driven and enjoyed (they passed the opportunity at absolutely no charge). They were less than thrilled to think of the car being "turned", but with so many people telling him how valuable it would be...

Personally, I think it will be interesting to watch and feel that somebody can get a GREAT deal on a new 2005. I agree with Dave in that the Vipers don't generally do that well at Barrett-Jackson - no matter what their pedigree.

Gerald Levin

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I personally don't care for the yellow 05 VCA car, but I'd be amazed if this car, #1 out of 100, does not bring sticker. #2-99 definitely would go for less than list, but #1 should go above list price and maybe #100 would do the same. JMHO.

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I personally don't care for the yellow 05 VCA car, but I'd be amazed if this car, #1 out of 100, does not bring sticker. #2-99 definitely would go for less than list, but #1 should go above list price and maybe #100 would do the same. JMHO.

Actually, they made only 50 of them and his is #01 of 50. As to the #50 of 50 car, I have it on good authority that it is already being driven and even has some side graphics on it now...

You must be registered for see images