No Firepower........

doctorbob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was looking at a new Ford Expedition and called Bill P. and he told me about the car and that he requested through Woodhouse Dodge to DC to print the sticker for the last VOI9 white/blue viper as the "last one". Obviously, the viper is not dead. Woodhouse made additional money on that car because of the sticker and therefore the "uniqueness" of that particular car. By the way, (Bill if you are reading this), you still have not gotten back to me on the Ford. Bob

Pictureman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just as an FYI, all of the regional VCA presidents have been invited to Detroit the second week of January. National board meeting on Thursday and Friday, then a bus to the NAIAS. The fact that it is not being held in Scottsdale during Barrett-Jackson (as it was last year) seems to say something. And the fact that they specifically scheduled a trip to NAIAS says even more. I, for one, am not even slightly worried about the Viper. Although I do appreciate the thought that went into #32's post.

As for the Firepower, disappointing indeed. I suspect the Challenger is DC's answer to the mid-priced sportscar, although with the reintroduction of the Camaro that leaves no direct competition for the base Corvette.

They should send that guy who takes pictures at VOI and other Viper events for Viper Magazine to Detroit to get pictures of the VCA presidents at NAIAS. Then he could post some of them here and take some for the magazine.

Camfab

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I for one, will not shed a tear over the loss of the Firepower. Chrysler can't afford another crossfire. The Firepower may have comprimised the DNA of the Viper. I can't wait for the Detroit show this year. I personally think we're in the greatest automotive era. Dodge has got the Challenger coming out next year and I'm waiting to see what they have in store with the Viper, should be exciting. Here's how I see it, and no offense to anyone but....the Firepower is this well groomed Harvard Scholar/Athlete. Ya know runs smooth, qiuck, sharp, good looking, etc. The Viper's like Rocky Balboa, a little rough around the edges, former champ, but Oh so ready to comeback and knock anything on it's a@@. America loves it's champs, I'm ready for the KO.

RAYSIR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
SO, what is really going on at the Conner Ave. plant? An extended shutdown for 're-tooling' is what we all understood. Re-tooling for what, if not the Firepower. Is this just a diversion? We also knew the name would not be "Firepower!" specifically, so are they just being good men-in-black?
HMMMMM, no mention of VOI10, no mention 08 Viper. HMMMM, sounds like that Last Viper will be a Real Collectable!!! I think Viper is done, Just my opinion!! :headbang:

splochocki

Viper Owner
Reaction score
So let's say the Viper is done for... what's our next great "Driver's" car?

My vote is for the Saleen S7 or a Mosler. :2tu:

Most probably couldn't afford the Mosler also (out of my price range for sure). I would probably go with the Z06 (feels weird to say but it's a great car).

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So let's say the Viper is done for... what's our next great "Driver's" car?

My vote is for the Saleen S7 or a Mosler. :2tu:

ford GT is next on my list :headbang:

Love the FGT as well... will probably get one in a couple years, but it's discontinued. I was referring to new cars. I wish Ford was still making the GR-1. Don't think I'll ever get a z06 though.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960